Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Saturday Night Live

SNL Digital Short Parody Comedy Weekend Update NBC TV Saturday Night Live

341 replies to this topic

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
It got a chuckle from me. Nothing more. imo, it was the lamest of the Christmas shorts he's done. Dick in a Box and the "sleep with your mom" ones were better.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,801 posts
He's the best thing about SNL, but that's like looking on the bright side if having cancer.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Russell Brand is hosting tonight. Last week was Dana Cravey and that was fairly solid. I loved seeing Dana and Mike do the open as Wayne and Garth. Jon Lovitz also made an appearance during the monologue which was neat.

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts

He's the best thing about SNL, but that's like looking on the bright side if having cancer.

Andy is awesome, but, personally, I think Bill Hader is the best thing about current SNL. His James Carville is hilariously spot on. Kristin Wiig is pretty terrific, too.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I can't stand Wiig.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
Is this show still on???

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Always.

Wish it wasn't this last episode however. I sorta dig Russell Brand, but this entire episode was ****. And not The **** which is good, instead just plain old stinky ****.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,736 posts
The Dana Carvey episode is the only one I've watched this year. Beyond the solid "Black Noise" sleep aid ad and a few moments of the Church Lady's return, we alternated between hopeful silence and pained grimacing. We had an extremely hard time convincing my son that "Wayne's World" was funny once upon a time, let alone Carvey and Myers themselves.

(I guess it's to the show's credit that we're all now stricken with the same flashback whenever someone mentions Winter's Booooone.)

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Tonight Justin Timberlake hosts and Lady Gaga sings. Come ye all, little monsters! Surely Andy will hath a splendid Digital Short as well.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Someone just said this on Twitter and I couldn't agree more: "They need to change the name to Saturday Night YouTube. Cause I'm never going to watch it live again. Just the clips on the net." LMFAO

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Easy as 1 - 2 - 3

• Members
  • 6,022 posts
I caught it tonight. The Digital Short was good. I still enjoy the show once in a while, but I was spoiled by Hartman / Carvey era!

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
seth myers is the worst. thank god norm has that sports show now. that's where i get my weekend update.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I don't mind Seth, but he worked better in a team.

I just watched the finale. It was alright. A couple solid laughs, just under a handful of good skits, well over a handful of chuckles. Timberlake seems to be able to pull in good episodes.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
The Probably NSFW 100th Digital Short

HAHAha ha ha eh heh ha ha

BTW, Mick Jagger is hosting for the FIRSTEST TIMEZ EVAR! NEXT WEEK. Yay?

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
JGL hosts this week. American Dad hosted last week and annoyed the world with:

http://www.nbc.com/s...o/lids/1417085/

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts

This **** is still on?

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Anne Hathaway is hosting SNL next week. Rihanna is the musical guest. I'm hoping to see both in Adam West era Catwoman outfits.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SNL, Digital Short, Parody, Comedy, Weekend Update, NBC, TV, Saturday Night Live