Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psych

Television BestShowEver Comedy Mystery USA

557 replies to this topic

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,952 posts
I've yet to see a plot that wasn't coherent, and plausibility depends on the show. The current episodes haven't fit with the rest of the series. Don't set rules for a show and then change them after two seasons.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I've been watching older episodes and I can now see a bit of Brando's POV. However it's not bugging me as I'm just loving the show too much right now. I'm watching the episode with "Scary Sherry" ... just had to pause it because I almost pee'd laughing when Shawn and Gus run screaming from the dorm house after the lights and stuff flickered + I needed to check on Maggie Lawson's past acting credits (my wife and I thought she'd be a perfect "Cher", from Clueless, and wondered if she in fact had been in the TV series... she wasn't, anyway). Scary Sherry is awesome, favorite episode so far (although I've only seen about, I dunno, five... maybe six... or seven. Not double digits though I know that). Anyway, gotta get back to it.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,952 posts
Disco was good. My only complaint was that I wanted Gus to keep the car. Kinda curious where the Gus/work storyline might be going.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Did you notice that the theme song changed for the Disco episode? I hated the change.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,952 posts
Me too, but they've done it before. I know they did it for Lights, Camera, Homicidio last season and maybe others.

This one was definitely the worst. Should've gone all-out with a weird-ass disco theme if they wanted to go that route.

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Easy as 1 - 2 - 3

• Members
  • 6,022 posts
I only caught a bit of this episode mid-way through. I enjoy this show.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Cool thing about missing episodes with this show though is that USA Network reairs the episodes all the time. New episodes get at least 2 additional airs on the weekend, often times they'll then air the episode during the week too.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,952 posts
And if you don't have dial-up, you can stream from hulu.com

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I can stream now too! I got broadband and a router so I can wirelessly hook up my laptop and keep my PS3 plugged in with a wired connection (which is better for online gaming). I'm so cool. lol ;)

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
There were some great Gus facial expressions in the disco episode. He seems to be carrying the season, at least to me.

the police chief needs to go. she's boring.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Side Note: I like her hair style short like she has it now. I don't know when she got it cut, but it looks better on her short than when she had it long in the repeats I watched last week.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
The Oil Rig episode was alright. Not as funny as other episodes, but it still moved along at a nice pace. My only real complaint, and I'm not sure it's even the fault of the show, is that the audio seemed off in several scenes... mostly the ones filmed on location (on the boat in the begining with the Chief, Shawn and Gus and scenes on the oil rig that took place outside). It seems like the audio didn't record right and so they had to seriously redub, not just the normal redub work, but more like an "OMG the audio is ****ED!!! Call everyone in, we have to salvage this!" like emergency dub. Then again the audio lag could have been due to any number of technical issues with transmission, reair and/or my DVR.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,952 posts
I don't remember the audio being off when I watched it, but I'll double check. I kinda dozed off a little.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
Torchy! I noticed too. I thought I was going crazy. I watched it last night at about 1 in the morning, so I figured it was just my sleepy haze that was making gus's lips flap in the wind.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,952 posts
You were right, it was slightly off. Not enough to notice in my sleepy haze, though.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Glad to know it wasn't something with my setup then... or my mind. lol

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,952 posts
No Psych tonight, but I did get a nice Psych ad when I was in the Cantina.

And next week appears to be a Juliet heavy episode, just in time for my birthday.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I've been away all weekend, glad I didn't miss a new episode. Coolbeans for more Juliet next week! lol

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,952 posts
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about. All-round great. Funny, good mystery, good use of super-hot Juliet. All that's missing is some good Lassiter.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Glad to hear it was good. I'll be watching it later.

With this episode both Wiki and IMDB only show one more episode as set to air (although both sites might just be in need of an update). If that info is correct then September 12th will be the last new episode before they hit us with a string of repeats before another set of new episodes airs.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,952 posts
Yeah, next week is the finale. They air during the summer and winter when everything else is in repeats. It's a brilliant strategy that keeps them from being lost.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I enjoyed this Juliet heavy episode a lot. I was a little bit surprised to see how small a role Mickie James had (FYI she is a WWE Diva and several time Women's Champion). Mickie was rollerballer that Shawn and Gus tailed to the docks. Looking forward to next week. It is a shame that USA does these breaks, but I understand the reasoning. I have to give big ups to USA though because next week they are doing a mini-marathon of old Psych episodes... so my wife and I will have like 5 or 6 "new to us" episodes to watch over the break.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,952 posts
I have a love/hate relationship with the Psych breaks. I love them because it allows me to have at least one show I love year-round. On the other hand, I love Psych so much that I wish they would just do 52 episodes a year.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
The breaks wouldn't be so bad if USA did reruns during them. It wouldn't have to be reruns the entire time, but a few weeks during the break [either after the current batch of new episodes or leading up to the next batch] would be nice.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
Loved the rollerball episode!

Gus had me rolling with how he completely ignored Shawn when he asked him to be his wingman. Awesome. Juliet was good in it as well. The manequin in the water was hilarious.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Television, BestShowEver, Comedy, Mystery, USA