Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psych

Television BestShowEver Comedy Mystery USA

557 replies to this topic

Chaos_Effect

Chaos_Effect

• Members
  • 9,122 posts
Was the episode with the mountain lion the most recent episode? I just watched that on USA's website and I was wondering if there were any more that I'd missed from this half of the first season.

At any rate, this is really an awesome show. Psych and Monk form a formidable lineup for USA.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
Yes, that was the premiere for season 2.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Psych returns this Friday and I'm actually going to set it to record on my DVR! lol Here's hoping it is good... I need something other than talk shows, decorating shows, sports news, old movies and kids shows on that thing.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,808 posts
I'm guessing the talk shows and decorating shows are yours?

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Well yeah actually. I even watch "What Not To Wear". lol :)

Anyway, I have Psych recorded and I will probably be checking it out this weekend.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,808 posts
I watched it last night. Unfortunately I saw the summary of the episode, which was COMPLETELY STUPID AND RUINED EVERYTHING!

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Good thing I don't read those synopsis anymore then. I learned my listen on a Smallville episode a while ago... not that I couldn't have figured the ending of that out less then five minutes in. ;)

I'm going to watch Psych tonight, had planned to last night but my wife and I went out for a double feature. We watched Batman:TDK and Indy:KotCS. I really liked TDK, it's best that I don't talk about Indy though.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,808 posts
You made the right call. TDK is better than Psych, as much as I like Psych.

I've been struggling to find time to watch Monk, which also premiered Friday. I had both DVR'd, and I got Psych in but everytime I've sat down to watch Monk I get five minutes and something happens.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I loved the season premiere, just finished watching it. I'm totally in. I have the series set on my DVR + my wife and I are going to look for past season repeats and/or DVDs. Now I just need to check out Mad Men when it premieres.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,808 posts
Second episode was better than the first, but I'm definitely looking forward to some "normal" episodes now.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
I liked this episode a lot! His dancing on the rooftop was fantastic.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Yeah my wife and I are hooked. Also my DVR seems to be showing two new episodes within the next week... so check your listings. My DVR shows a new episode on Friday which is about a disco. Then there is another new episode on Monday which is about a motorcycle daredevil.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,808 posts
My guess is that they screwed up getting the info out, I can't believe they're showing two new episodes like that, but we'll see. DVR will make sure I get them both.

This season isn't bad, but it's getting kinda old with the fact that they keep stumbling into mysteries. And I'm hating what they're doing with the police, they should either use them or cut them, but don't make it lame.

Having said that, I still love the show, but it's starting to drag on me.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I enjoyed the episode on Friday. It wasn't about the Disco as my DVR said it was, it was the Daredevil episode. So I'm going to agree with you, Brando, I think the DVR info was messed up... I doubt Monday will be a new episode. As for the Daredevil episode, I enjoyed it. It was fun to see Jeff "The Lawnmower Man" Fahey as the old coot of a Daredevil, although I just checked IMDB and it doesn't list him as in the cast... doesn't list the correct cast for the episode at all actually... so maybe it was him and maybe not, I would swear it was though. As for the dragging, due to not being familar with the way the show was before I don't know any difference. Anyway, looking forward to next week.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,808 posts
The main thing is the fact that before, maybe they'd stumble on one mystery a year, the others were from the police department (who they work with) or people hiring them at their detective agency. Both of those make sense, it doesn't make sense for someone to keep stumbling into murders.

According to USA's website, this week is THE GREATEST ADVENTURE IN THE HISTORY OF BASIC CABLE and next week is DISCO DIDN'T DIE, IT WAS MURDERED.

The midnight show is a repeat of Friday's episode.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
It does make more sense for them to get cases from the police or being out right hired by someone. I can see your point.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
"I will punch you in the knee"

*punch*

hahahaha wtf I love how random they are.

also, I was distracted the entire show by the incredibly tight and revealing shirt that what's her name (the girl cop) was wearing. I kept thinking, 'no way that would fly in a police station!'

But yeah, I can't wait until they start collaborating with the police once again on a real case.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,808 posts
I agree, that wouldn't have flown at a police station.

She should have taken it off.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
lol

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,808 posts
Posted Image

It's okay, I'm not married yet...

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
MmmMmm, silvery. lol She looks like a blonde hersey's kiss.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Last night's episode was pretty good. Not as fun as the season premiere episode, but fun. I'm looking forward to finally getting to see the often teased "Disco" episode next Friday... lol... my DVR has been telling me it was going to air like every other day.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,808 posts
It was good, but I'm getting a little sick of that whole over-used flashback story sitting around the police interrogation table. Plus I can't believe that the chief of police wouldn't check on some letter that some guy brought in.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Well it is a Chief of Police that, in what I've seen, pretty heavily uses/relies on a psychic freelancer. So in that sense she isn't the most by the book type of police officer.

BTW... anyone ever notice that Chief of Police = Cop?? LOLOL that just tickled me

spiderfish

spiderfish

• Members
  • 387 posts
You guys are taking the show too seriously. It has to be the worst show, if we are talking about coherent and plausible plots. That is not why I love it. I watch house or monk for that.

What makes this show great is the crazy interaction between gus, shawn, and the rest of the cast. I canít get enough. If they made an episode where they all went to a dinner party and nothing happened, it would be hysterical. And you bet there would be a pineapple involved.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Television, BestShowEver, Comedy, Mystery, USA