Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psych

Television BestShowEver Comedy Mystery USA

• Please log in to reply
557 replies to this topic

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,250 posts
Anyone caught this show?

It's on USA, another comedic-mystery show, like Monk. This one is a fake psychic who solves crimes, though. You can get the pilot for free on iTunes, which is what got me hooked.

Edited by Brando, 31 October 2011 - 10:02 AM.
Subtitle

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
It started out a little cheesy, but has gotten better. It can be a little over the top at time, and the antagonist detective is really annoying. It works though. Next week's episode is the season finale and they'll be going to a Con. Should be funny.

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
I love this show. I was afraid I was the only one watching it though. I'm not sure how it's doing in the ratings, but I think it's fun.

The lead guy is hilarious when he's faking visions and psychic stuff. Plus his straight-man is great. They've got a genuine chemistry on screen.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
I've been watching too. Great series, I hope it sticks around.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I'm starting to wonder if I watch enough TV.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
It's on Friday nights, and USA has a late encore airing [late for the East coast that is] so I'm able to catch it.

Mrslukeskywalker

Mrslukeskywalker

A sword wields no power unless the person holding it has courage

• Members
  • 4,288 posts

I love this show. I was afraid I was the only one watching it though. I'm not sure how it's doing in the ratings, but I think it's fun.

I love that show too. I was devistated when the season ended. Still am. BUT,

ALL HAIL JANUARY!!!!!

I CANNOT wait!

La la la la la!!! January is an awesome month!!!!!

Alexa_Silvertongue

Alexa_Silvertongue

Queen of All

• Members
  • 124 posts
I like Monk. Haven't watched Psych though.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,250 posts
I enjoyed the "January" line at the end of last night's episode, even though I was having trouble staying awake by the end (caught the encore, and I was quite tired).

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
This is another one of those shows that I have seen commercials for, heard talked about and yet I still haven't watched. lol Kids! One of these days...

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,250 posts
Like I said, Torch - you can get the pilot for free on iTunes.

It's a win-win situation, if you can get it. You can watch it when you have time, and it doesn't cost a thing.

Dave Dark

Dave Dark

stands erected

• Members
  • 2,962 posts

pilot... free... iTunes

pilot... free... on iTunes.

it is not. I just checked.

jerk.*

*I don't really blame you. I take full responsibility for waiting so long to download it that it's not free anymore.

that being said...

jerk.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,250 posts
That's the nicest thing that anyone's called me in quite a while.

Dave Dark

Dave Dark

stands erected

• Members
  • 2,962 posts
well that's just sad. now I'm sad.

nothing the Psych pilot can't cur... oh wait. THAT'S RIGHT. IT'S NOT FREE ANYMORE.

yeah whatever I'll stop whining and make an effort to watch reruns if I see any floating around the listings.

so now if I like Monk I'll enjoy this, or what? also, I've seen parts of about two episodes...I liked the flashbacks with his father. how often does this/something like this happen?

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
So far there's been a flashback of some sort during each episode. Usually a lesson of some sort is involved, but not always.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Even free stuff on iTunes doesn't get me excited too much... I'm on dialup. :(

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,250 posts
Well, there's really only one solution then: stop being a good parent.

Mrslukeskywalker

Mrslukeskywalker

A sword wields no power unless the person holding it has courage

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Three words:
January. Nine. Teen.

The reruns come on at one o'clock in the ****ing morning!!!!!!! I'm asleep then!!!! WHYYYY!!!!!!!!?????????

(Sorry, I'm on a Psych high...)

Dave Dark

Dave Dark

stands erected

• Members
  • 2,962 posts

I slept through it [American Idol]. I'm mildly disappointed in myself.

I totally watched Psych when I woke up though and it's not half as bad as I had previously assumed.

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
Only two more days till its return!

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,250 posts
And... we're back.

Fun show, really starting to realize how much Lassiter gets a bad rap. He's kind of the bungling detective, but he's 100% right on his view of Shawn, who is running a scam.

I'm glad to have it back.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
I forgot how much this show makes me laugh. Probably more than any other show out there. The humor just does it for me. Great show, as always, I love Shawn's dad.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,250 posts
I've seen it get compared to Scrubs quite a bit lately, for what it's worth. I haven't watched Scrubs enough to know if that's fair or not.

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
I love this show. You can tell they really have a lot of fun while they're making it. :thumbsup:

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• 11,652 posts
You know they have fun. I would. Their outtakes during the credits are hilarious.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Television, BestShowEver, Comedy, Mystery, USA