Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TNA- impact!

342 replies to this topic

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Wasn't today supposed to be two hours? It's not even on yet for me and will only be on for an hour at 11.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,792 posts
I believe that it's next week that's two hours and the start of the new time slot.

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
Yes it is.

So far they've announced Christian vs Rhyno in 6 sides of steel with barbed wire on the top and weapons and straight jackets and other BS... good ole TNA...

Abyss vs Kurt Angle

Team 3D vs The Naturals in a tables match

Styles vs Sabin vs Daniels for the X Division Title.

Seems like a pretty good show so far.

As far as this past edition of impact! goes, pretty good showing.

-Styles and Abyss but on another outstanding match. These two work great together.

-Christian is a heel. Period. He is gold as a heel. They gave him a brief run as a face and it didn't work at all.

-LAX is one of the best things going in wrestling right now. They do a great job getting heat.

-I'm interested in the Sabin vs AJ feud, but where's Senshi in all of this? This man took the belt from Samoa Joe and now he's not even in the title picture? That needs to change.

- The Alex Shelley/Austin Starr stuff has great potential. These two guys are great characters and can put on very good matches. Hopefully they do a good job following up on this. Shelley reminds me a whole lot of Y2J.

-Sting vs Abyss is set up for Genesis. Not too bad. Good way to start of Sting's reign as champ. Abyss deserves to be a main eventer, and he deserves a run with the title. He won't win it here, but hopefully they develop a feud out of this match.

-Can't wait for Joe vs Angle. They have done a great job hyping up this match, and with these two, if they get 18-25 minutes they wont dissapoint.

-TNA really needs a 2 hour show. This thursday will be two hours, but I think that's a one-time deal. The rest will be one hour shows on primetime. Hopefully they do good enough that Spike gives them a 2nd hour. With so many good things going for them right now (Styles/Sabin/Daniels/Lynn, Abyss/Sting, 3D/The Naturals, LAX/AMW, Shelley/Starr, Heel Christian/Any face... right now Rhyno, and of course Joe/Angle) they need more time to showcase all of these. They have a ton of un-used talent too... Petey and Senshi being two that come to mind right away. They need two hours, and could easily fill them witrh quality. Russo is doing a good job so far.

That's enough of a TNA rant for me.

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts

Shelley reminds me a whole lot of Y2J.

I've been saying that for nearly a year now. I totally agree. :thumbsup:

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

Sting vs Abyss is set up for Genesis. Not too bad. Good way to start of Sting's reign as champ. Abyss deserves to be a main eventer, and he deserves a run with the title. He won't win it here, but hopefully they develop a feud out of this match.

Wasn't it a triple thread and the winner faced abyss? or did they have the triple threat, and job the winner to abyss?

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
Triple threat between Styles, Truth and Roode. Styles won, only to lose to Abyss in the Main event..it was a good match.

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
Isn't it amazing that with TNA making it's debut on primetime... no Jarret...?

Says a lot about the direction TNA is going in.

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
2 Hour Primetime Debut Tonight.

Thursday night on SpikeTV will be a historic moment as TNA Wrestling’s “iMPACT!” goes primetime with its new start time of 9pm ET! Don’t miss your chance to witness this epic two-hour event! The following is the official preview for the broadcast, including the two huge featured main events:

MAIN EVENT: THE TNA IN-RING DEBUT OF KURT ANGLE VS. “THE MONSTER” ABYSS
It will be the first TNA Wrestling bout for Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle, who faces off against the juggernaut Abyss on Thursday night! By winning the “Fight For The Right” tournament, Abyss has earned a shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Title at “Genesis”, but first he will have to step into the ring against Kurt Angle! Can Angle stand up to TNA’s premiere destructive force in his return bout? Without a doubt, it will be a moment the wrestling world will be watching!

MAIN EVENT: SIX SIDES OF STEEL BARBED-WIRE: “THE WAR MACHINE” RHINO vs. CHRISTIAN CAGE
Former friends now bitter enemies will battle inside TNA’s first-ever Six Sides Of Steel Barbed-Wire bout on Thursday night as “The War Machine” Rhino collides with Christian Cage! In order to win, you must escape through the cage door or climb over the top (where the razor wire will be blocking any escape). In an attempt to end the carnage between Rhino and Cage, TNA management has granted them this violent arena of warfare on the primetime debut of “iMPACT!”. Which TNA star will ultimately survive what promises to be a violent and bloody bout? Tune in and find out!

MLB WORLD SERIES MVP DAVID ECKSTEIN TO APPEAR IN A SPECIAL INTERVIEW WITH JIM CORNETTE
St. Louis Cardinals star and World Series MVP David Eckstein will appear on the primetime special in an interview with Jim Cornette to talk TNA! Eckstein is a huge fan of Total Nonstop Action and plans to attend several TNA events in Orlando, Florida, this winter! The interview was taped Tuesday at the Louisville Slugger Museum in Louisville, Kentucky.

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: AJ STYLES VS. CHRIS SABIN VS. CHRISTOPHER DANIELS
Three of TNA’s no-limits, high-flying X style elite will face off on Thursday’s primetime debut with the X Championship up for grabs as titleholder “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles puts the gold on the line against former champions Chris Sabin and Christopher Daniels! Styles and Daniels are recent tag team partners, but that friendship will be put on hold in this bout with the title on the line! Plus, will Styles get revenge on Sabin for costing him a shot at the NWA World Title? Catch all the X Division action this Thursday night at 9pm ET!

THE LATIN AMERICAN EXCHANGE PROMISES TO TORCH THE FLAG
On Thursday’s “iMPACT!”, Konnan and The Latin American Exchange promised to create controversy on the primetime debut as they have vowed to torch the American Flag! The LAX have chosen the primetime stage as their platform to showcase their hatred and contempt for America! In addition, they have invited Canada’s own Petey Williams to take part in the torching! Will the LAX make good on their anti-American promise and cause huge controversy? Will anyone from the TNA roster attempt to step up and stop them? Tune in to “iMPACT!” on Thursday night to find out!

SAMOA JOE IN ACTION AGAINST JAY LETHAL
The TNA star that will challenge Kurt Angle at “Genesis” – “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe – will be in action on the primetime debut of “iMPACT!” this Thursday when he faces off against X Division star Jay Lethal! Just three days before he collides with the Olympic gold medalist, Joe will unleash his path of destruction on Thursday night on SpikeTV!

TABLES MATCH: TEAM 3D vs. THE NATURALS
After what took place on “iMPACT!” between Shane Douglas, The Naturals and Team 3D, both sides will battle on Thursday’s two-hour special in Team 3D’s specialty bout, a Tables Match! The Naturals are looking to step up against the best tag teams in TNA, and they picked a huge fight against one of the greatest tag teams of all-time! Can “The Franchise” lead his team to a victory against Brother Ray and Brother Devon? Or, will Team 3D get revenge on The Naturals by putting them through the wood? See it unfold on Thursday night on “iMPACT!”.

Plus, NWA World Heavyweight Champion Sting is scheduled to be on the primetime debut of “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV!

All this and much more this Thursday night on the two-hour primetime debut of “iMPACT!’ on SpikeTV, beginning at 9pm ET! Plus, there will be more news and matches announced for Sunday’s huge “Genesis” Pay-Per-View event!

I for one am excited about this.

Thrawn33

Thrawn33

• Members
  • 2,873 posts
Good show, great way to kick off Impact on primetime.

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
Great show indeed.

Christian and Rhyno put on a show.

I was afraid they would hurt Abyss going into the title match by having him lose to Angle, but he looked good in losing. He also gave a reason for Sting to want revenge going into the PPV.

LAX is great. Their segments were terrific.

I liked what Kip and BG did, but I didnt like that they interrupted Kazarian, Bentley and Devine. I was very intrigued by where they were going with that. My guess is that Raven will be behind their change.

AJ, Daniels and Sabin put on a pretty decent match. I liked the finish. Sets up a couple of possibilities... AJ vs Christian and AJ vs Daniels as well as Sabin vs Daniels. I was dissapointed in the fact that we didnt see Senshi. Maybe they'll set up a Senshi vs Petey feud if rumors of Senshi joining LAX are tru.

Overall, very good 1st showing in primetime. They did a great job letting ppl know who is who in TNA with the video packages.

KFC Jihad

KFC Jihad

King Dizingaling

• Members
  • 75 posts
Maybe its just me, but TNA didnt really impress tonight. Lots of rehashed storylines, or no storylines at wall

LAX is horrible, and the further Konnan is away from my screen, the better. The whole "Canadian loving america" deal was weak, and Tenays half-hearted "speech" made the whole thing look really stupid, as did konnans "Here come Da Popo"...

The "voodoo kid mafia"0- they are joking right? that sucks happy ass. Also, what is the point of the DX-Bashing? Didnt WCW try this before and get crushed? (the whole thing with Mick Foley winning the title?) It doesnt work, and it makes them look whiny and *****y...oh wait, that is typical vince russo booking

TNA has too many wrestlers who have nothing going on... team 3-d looks out of shape and lazy ( i miss thier earlier ECW/ early WWE style). You have the typical samoa joe squash ( i guess it just gets old after a while).

isnt Abyss nothing but a taller, younger mankind? lets go down the list: Mask? Check. Long Hair? Check Brownish-tight fitting costume? check. Thumbtacks (general disregard for safety). check. Add the Mister Sinister, and you have some strange hybrid of mankind/kane... I like how people get upset because WWE ripped of Samoa Joe, but nobody mentions the striking similarities between Abyss/Mankind/kane

i dont know, just my obxervations... overall though, the show was a two hours of tna being tna...

I enjoyed the rhyno/cage match, but the ending was no different than the valentines day massacre when the big show threw Stone Cold Threw the ring to help him win the match.

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
*Voodoo Kin Mafia starts their rants*

My wife: "What are you watching?"

Me: "I'm watching two idiots commit career-suicide."

:thumbsdown:

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

While I understand why people didn't like this, here's why I thought it works...

Recently TNA had two shows in Conneticut canceled. While WWE claims they had nothing to do with it, it's very suspicious. So taking shots at WWE, if that is the case, makes sense... since thye fired the 1st shot(assuming there is any truth to all of this). I've read that the problem wasn't taking shots at WWE, but the fact that the shots were taken by two washed up guys. Yes, these two aren't who they used to be, but they are the only ones with any reason to really take a shot at the WWE, especially now that DX has been "revived" and has become a total joke and a shell of what it was.

Should they have done the angle at all? Probably not. But they decided they wanted to take shots at WWE, and the two best guys to do it are these two.

Ah I dunno what I'm saying. I was just glad to hear someone take a shot at DX, because they suck so bad this time around.

KFC Jihad

KFC Jihad

King Dizingaling

• Members
  • 75 posts

While I understand why people didn't like this, here's why I thought it works...

Recently TNA had two shows in Conneticut canceled. While WWE claims they had nothing to do with it, it's very suspicious. So taking shots at WWE, if that is the case, makes sense... since thye fired the 1st shot(assuming there is any truth to all of this). I've read that the problem wasn't taking shots at WWE, but the fact that the shots were taken by two washed up guys. Yes, these two aren't who they used to be, but they are the only ones with any reason to really take a shot at the WWE, especially now that DX has been "revived" and has become a total joke and a shell of what it was.

Should they have done the angle at all? Probably not. But they decided they wanted to take shots at WWE, and the two best guys to do it are these two.

Ah I dunno what I'm saying. I was just glad to hear someone take a shot at DX, because they suck so bad this time around.

The reason why doesn't and won't work (besides it being these two idiots) is becuase it smells of Russo tricks, and those were the same things that led to the decline of WCW. Who are Road Dogg (who was booted out of WWE for drug problems if I remember correctly) and Billy Gunn to talk about anybody. This gimmick is stupid and does not fit them at all.

Jolla

some-guy

some-guy

Dancing for Rain

• Members
  • 1,794 posts
This cage match is awsome! And I rarely watch TNA.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
I'm watching reading live results on my computer as the PPV is still going, they're now at the main event which is.....Somoa Joe Vs. Angle...not Sting Vs. Abyss.

Quick Match Results:
• Preshow: Robert Roode defeated Eric Young.
• Preshow: Eric Young defeated Robert Roode.
• Voodoo Kin Mafia (BG James & Kip James) defeated Maverick Matt, Frankie Kazarian, and Johnny Devine.
• The Naturals (Chase Stevens & Andy Douglas) defeated Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal.
• TNA X-Division Champion, Christopher Daniels defeated Chris Sabin.
• Christian Cage defeated AJ Styles.
• NWA World Tag Team Champions, The Latin American Exchange (Homicide & Hernandez) defeated America’s Most Wanted (Chris Harris & James Storm).
• NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Sting defeated Abyss.

I really don't care for the decision to have Sting and Abyss before Angle.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
SO how long did it take ANgle to job to Joe?

Y2A

Y2A

Bow Down to the Bling

• Members
  • 6,982 posts
Actually... Angle ends Joe's streak! And Abyss defeats Sting by DQ and due to TNA rules Abyss is the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion. :eek:

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
How did Sting get DQd?

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
knocked out the Ref...looks like we'll be getting another match but with a much bigger build up between Sting and Abyss.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,463 posts
I thought the Connecticut Police Department confirmed that WWE and Vince McMahon had nothing to do with the cancelling of the shows, and that TNA failed to apply for the proper permits and other things they needed to do in time for the show.

Also, I think what Billy Gunn and Road Dog are doing is retarded. I managed to catch this part of TNA, and laughed the whole way through.

Neither of them would even have a job in TNA if they weren't living off the past. Neither would even still be in the wrestling business if it wasn't for the WWE. They're living off the styles, gimmicks, personalities, and heat they gained as the New Age Outlaws. Granted, NAO was one of the greatest tag teams of all time, but they only even existed as a last ditch effort while Rockabilly and The Real Double J were still under contract. They weren't over when they feuded with LOD... it wasn't until Cactus Jack and Terry Funk got involved that we even cared about them, and then sticking them in DX got them over. If Vince had decided to give up on Gunn and James instead of stickign them together in late 1997, neither of them would be significant in wrestling whatsoever. And now they're "declaring war?" Retarded.

KFC Jihad

KFC Jihad

King Dizingaling

• Members
  • 75 posts
This VKM thing is just a rehash of the DX Invasion storyline.... without the actual funny...

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,463 posts
TNA needs to name drop WWE to get over and get any sort of attention. They have to take former WWE stars. WWE doesn't need to do any of this.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Compare the time both have been out though, the wwe can get bad in quality and still have a loyal fanbase, it's been around for many decades, it's a staple of wrestling, tna has only been out for not even a decade yet, so naturally the wwe can get pouplar just by being itself, TNA dosn't have that history to fall back on.

TNA in a few years will be competition if they keep it up, but right now they are like your local convinece store, they can't yet compete with the 711.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,463 posts
You're right about TNA not having the history. To me, though, all these WWE references and "going to war" nonsense comes across like negative political ad campaigns to me. Personally, I'd rather get over on my own, through my own abilities/talents/whatever than by referencing the other guys and saying how bad they are. I hate when politicians only talk about how bad their opponent is. I don't like how TNA runs down the WWE all the time. Just be YOURSELF, and let your shows and wrestlers do their campaigning in the ring.

Oh, and stop hiring every single former WWE star. Tomko? Seriously?

Reply to this topic