Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TNA- impact!

342 replies to this topic

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Wow it's been two years already with this thread.

So how's TNA been? I was disapointed with the last ppv I ordered and lost interest in tna because of it.

Edited by Stallion, 24 June 2008 - 01:10 PM.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,384 posts
make that two years

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Made a type there.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

*enter amusing member title*

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
I think the product is getting much better in terms of the in-ring stuff. They've had some pretty decent stuff lately, and I don't think there's been as much crap with their segments, though Eric Young trying to find Elvis was utter ****e.

Stallion, you were disappointed with Slammiversairy?? I thought it was a pretty solid show. I mean, I was disappointed with King of the Mountain because it just didn't grab my attention enough, but they did have some pretty good matches on there. AJ/Angle was one of the best matches on that card.

The tag division is really good, and it's cool to see Hector Guerrero being used in this way to give him some on-screen time and help get LAX over more (if that's possible). The women's division is still kicking ass with Kong's open challenge being accepted by women such as Daffney.

Watch out for the World X Cup though. They've got some fairly huge names from Japan and Mexico (I think they're using CMLL and AAA though, where they've only got one face who isn't being allowed to work tag matches) and Doug Williams representing Britain for Team International on what is now a full time contract.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
I was disapointed with the one where Hall no showed.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
Aah, Turning Point. Well I don't think that show was particularly great either if I'm honest...the highlight of that entire show was Joe's worked shoot with him ripping into Nash, Hall and Dixie Carter.

Good OL MC

Good OL MC

• Members
  • 236 posts
I caught Impact last night and the show was pretty good. I enjoyed AJ styles throughout the whole thing. And wow, the Knockout division is pretty damn good. I was actually very interested in their matches last night.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts
I haven't watched TNA in a while. Didn't stop me buying myself a ticket to see them perform in Glasgow in January. :D

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,384 posts
AJ is the only thing keeping TNA watchable to me. Nothing else interesting is going on.

I must have missed something, though--why are Robert Roode and James Storm teaming up? They're both so much better on their own.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts
I can't wait for Daniels to ditch the Curry Man gimmick and come back, Fallen Angel thing's great. I'd kill to see a repeat of the famous triple threat but this time for the TNA title. AJ vs. Joe vs. Daniels main eventing a major ppv could top the original.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts

I haven't watched TNA in a while. Didn't stop me buying myself a ticket to see them perform in Glasgow in January. :D

Aah! I was wondering whether you'd get a ticket for the Glasgow show. I thought about getting a ticket for the show in Manchester, but I don't think I can be arsed. I mean, I saw the original tour in smaller locations which I prefer and it really is a massive leap from doing shows such as the Olympia (1500 capacity) and the Coventry Skydome (around 3000) to the big arenas like Wembley Arena, Braehead and the MEN.

I just can't help but wonder if it's a big jump too quickly. Think about it. On average, Bravo manage to pull in about 50,000 viewers for Impact every Saturday night. When you add up all of the numbers for the capacities that they'll need to fill those arenas, TNA will need every single person who watches Impact to buy a ticket, and for quite a few of those to take a friend with them. Don't get me wrong, the ticket sales are going really well from what I gather, and they've opened up more levels of seating to maximise the capacity of some arenas to make them bigger than they expected.

I think that January will be the ultimate test for TNA on this island. They're running pretty much the same arenas as the WWE tour just two months beforehand and those events are mostly sold out already. If they don't do as well as they expect, then things might go pear-shaped and they may run away scared and not come back. I know I wouldn't have done the second tour this way. I would have kept the original locations from the June tour and tested an arena or two somewhere (like Braehead, because a lot of Scots complained about being left out).

They dropped Alex Shane too. The only plus to that is that tickets are cheaper. Saying that, you're getting some better names. I mean, no complaining because we got all of the champions, Kurt Angle was injured and wasn't allowed to wrestle and we got Doug Williams too (three way with Jay Lethal and AJ Styles which was AMAZING!) but the January tour will have Christian Cage, Tomko and....JEFF JARRETT! That might be what sways me to buy a ticket later.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,384 posts
Jarrett? Really? He's a draw for you?

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
Well, I wouldn't say he's a massive draw. I've done ROH, King of Europe and TNA. Two of those were headlined by Samoa Joe and the other was Nigel McGuinness/Rhino. But Jarrett's a pretty big deal. He hasn't wrestled since his wife died last year, and he was backstage at the tour last month. It's been promised by the tour promoter as well as TNA, so it'll either mean he'll be back on TV within the next 6 months or he's doing this as a one-off.

He's a draw, but he's not a massive one.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts
If the Motor City Machine Guns or AJ lose in Glasgow, I riot!

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,384 posts
I actually had time to watch TNA this week. I don't think I actually watched more than 10 total minutes, just fast forwarded through the whole thing. I still don't understand the people who say TNA has the best wrestling--it's a bunch of running (with a microphone underneath the mat, I swear), spot after spot after spot after spot, and weapons weapons weapons.

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
Ditto Jacob.... I can't understand it either... and I try, I really do.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,384 posts
not to mention just about every match has a gimmick and a run in!

I really liked TNA a year or two ago, now I can hardly stand it.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
Last week's Impact had a load of gimmick matches to promote the PPV which had a load of hardcore style matches. It clearly makes sense...promote a PPV with loads of gimmick matches by giving away gimmick matches on free TV. :thumbsup:

But the top four matches on the Hard Justice PPV last night were headlined by the gimmick of the match, rather than the actual participants. I think TNA have forgotten how to do a feud based on wrestler A doesn't like wrestler B so they have a match.

Oh, and they're planning to split LAX as well. Evil bastards.

Reply to this topic