Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TNA- impact!

342 replies to this topic

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
Posted Image

THIS THURSDAY NIGHT ON “iMPACT!” ON SPIKETV
The aftermath of Slammiversary and the World Title controversy

NEW MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR JIM CORNETTE TO MAKE STATEMENT REGARDING NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE SITUATION THIS THURSDAY NIGHT ON “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV!
Following the controversial ending to the King of the Mountain match at Slammiversary on Sunday night, new TNA management director Jim Cornette informed TNAwrestling.com that he will make a statement regarding the NWA World Heavyweight Title situation this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV. Will Cornette address the conspiracy that unfolded on Sunday night involving Jeff Jarrett, Larry Zbyszko and referee Earl Hebner? What will he announce regarding the World Title?

In addition, TNAwrestling.com has learned that the new management director has scheduled a series of meetings with everyone on the TNA roster, including Jarrett, Sting and Christian Cage! Without a doubt, it’s going to be an event-filled Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV with the World Title controversy. Plus, we understand former NWA World Heavyweight Champion Christian Cage has demanded interview time to discuss the events that unfolded on Sunday night!

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY NIGHT ON “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV
As announced last week prior to Sunday’s X Division ranking match, Samoa Joe will defend the X Division Championship this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on Spike TV! However, with Jim Cornette now in charge, which of the top contenders will he choose from Sunday’s bout to face The Samoan Submission Machine? Obviously, new number-one contender Senshi has to be at the top of the list, followed by number-two contender Sonjay Dutt. Who will Joe step into the ring against this Thursday to defend the gold? Tune in and find out!

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
NEW CHAMPS AJ STYLES AND CHRISTOPHER DANIELS vs. THE DIAMONDS IN THE ROUGH
Fresh off their victory at Slammiversary for the NWA World tag Team Title, new champions “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles and “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels will have their first title defense this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” against “Primetime” Elix Skipper and David Young, The Diamonds In The Rough. Will Daniels and Styles cap off their win with their first successful title defense, or will the Diamonds continue their newfound winning ways and pull off a huge upset? Tune in Thursday night for this NWA World Tag Team Title match!

“THE ALPHA MALE” MONTY BROWN IN ACTION
The beast of the Serengeti is back in a big way and “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown is determined to get back in the hunt for the NWA World Heavyweight Title! This Thursday night on “iMPACT!”, the TNA Impact Zone will feel the POUNCE as The Alpha Male returns to singles action! The star has promised to begin a dominant streak of his own in TNA Wrestling – who will be his first victim this Thursday night? Tune in and find out!

All this and much more this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV – plus news on the upcoming July “Victory Road” Pay-Per-View!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
Anyone watch?

Pretty solid show.

AJ and Daniels looked great as a team. Their finisher looks good. BME followed by an AJ frog splash. good stuff.

As I predicted, Steiner cost Joe the X Title. Senshi pinned Dutt in a 3way match to take the belt. I have no problem with this as long as they book Senshi REALLY strong from here on out. It was a weak win, but it wont hurt him if handled correctly.

Cornette said the title is vacant and that someone will get fired next week. He will also announce who the champ is.

Pretty good show. The promo by Cornette was money as always. AJ and Daniels really shined as a top tag team. And the 3way for the X Title was a solid TV match.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
I missed it this week, but does Jarrents win before getting stripped count as a reign?

I think it's good JOe lost the match without getting pinned, lets him still look strong.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
I watched it.

I already like Cornette from what I've seen.

Enjoyed the Eric Young stuff

Where is Shelly?

It seems as if Christian is slowly slowly turning to a heel role.

Senshi winning the X Division title is great. Now Joe and focus on the NWA championship. He may fit in as the tweener.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,792 posts
It looked like a pretty good show, but I didn't turn in because I had foolishly read the spoilers, not thinking that I might actually remember to watch the show. :(

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
The show was very good because they didnt try to cram too much into one hour.

Also, it did a great job of following up on the PPV. It covered all the main bases with the title picture being addressed, the X-title changing hands, Joe vs Steiner being furthered, Daniels and Styles getting a good win, Cornette establishing himself as an authority figure, 3D and The James gang furthering their feud, and more. All that happened in one hour, yet the pace was good. If impact! continues to be like that, they will be in good shape.

Also, good news on the ratings front. The show did a 1.1 which was good considering they didnt have the lead-in of The Ultimate Fighter(they were re-runs). That was a big test and they passed with flying colors.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Might as well use this thread for the month.

This weeks was pretty good, the only thing I didn't like was the awarding the title to Jarret.

CF

CF

Malo libertatum periculosum quam quietam servitutem.

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
I didn't mind the title to Jarret. He won right? Plus, why give it to Sting or Ron or Abyss? Maybe Christian, but the storylines may be better by giving it to Jarrett.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Jarret=heel HHH, he's had the belt more then enough times, they had the chance there to have the fatal fourway match declare the new champ.

But instead, they gave jarrent another win, and I hope he dosn't win at victory road.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
I see why these stopped being stickied, though a monthly thread seems the way to go.

Anyway, anyone interested in the tag match tonight?

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
I'll be watching, but I don't expect the match to be anything special. However, impact! has been pretty good as of late, so this should be a decent show at least.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Is it me, or was this episode kinda slow this week?

CF

CF

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
Yea, sort of. I did like the Main Event though. But I hope Team Canada doesn't get the win next week.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Anyone catching it tonight?

*begins to see why there is hardly a thread for TNA*

CF

CF

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
I'm watchin it.

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
I'm like a week and a half behind. It really sucks.

CF

CF

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
I'm really hoping that WWE thing doesn't get played in too much. I'm not really liking that idea so much. TNA has a good thing going without bringing WWE or ECW in.

CF

CF

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
TNA's Main Event = Awesome

Austin

Austin

Some say...

• 6,783 posts
I watched it last night and I liked what I saw. I even kept myself entertained during the Christian promo. Everytime he said something, I ended it with "Because I suck..." And the Jarrett promo was a little messed up.

CF

CF

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
Currently, I am enjoying TNA over WWE or ECW.

Did you see Samoa Joe leap into the air and kick Rhino in the face?

That dude gets more air than me.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,467 posts
I've been reading a lot lately that Monty Brown is most likely on his way out of TNA and is likely heading to the WWE.

HyDro_Rush

HyDro_Rush

Definition of Intensity

• Members
  • 44 posts
Yeah, I've read that to. and I hate it, cause I really like Brown, but most likely, he'll get buried in WWE.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,467 posts
Maybe for a very short time at first. But he's got a lot of potential. Stick him in a feud with Bobby Lashley and you'll have something.

CF

CF

• Members
  • 3,693 posts

I've been reading a lot lately that Monty Brown is most likely on his way out of TNA and is likely heading to the WWE.

That would suck. Then again, WWE could use somebody like him.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
I too can see Brown getting buried, the wwe is good with that sort of thing, not properly uitlizing the talnet they have.

Saw impact tonight, wasn't anything superb.

Reply to this topic