Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Seasons I - V

• Please log in to reply
4581 replies to this topic

Austin

Austin

Some say...

• 6,788 posts
That looks good only if it can be maintained by others. Anybody interested in a joint account for Geocities? That's the only thing that I can think of to be updated 24/7

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
i'll make an account and pm everyone with the user name & password if ya want?

Austin

Austin

Some say...

• 6,788 posts
It's DI's decision.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

Daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.

• 14,874 posts
What's geocities? What would it do?

Also, I'm getting close to getting the dates for the rounds complete. I'll post them ASAP.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Geocites is where GT could host the draft table.It can be easily updated to show who has picked who in the drafts

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• 4,154 posts
Well, I'm gonna go ahead and play the Houston Texans and reveal my first pick.

With the first pick, of the Nightly.net Keeper Leauge Draft, of Two Thousand and Six, the Texas DDT picks....

Larry Johnson, Kansas City, Running Back.

Austin

Austin

Some say...

• 6,788 posts
ESPN: It's not like he has a fantasy legend backing him up or anything.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
LJ? Isn't he injured? :P

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
I thought he was dead.

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts

Updated Draft Board

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
before, i know i was *****in' about an august 1st start. but now...

we have been discussing the possibility of moving to OR. my wife suggested checking things out on her next week of vacation. i agreed - then realized after that her vacation is in august! :hmm: we'll be leaving the 12th, coming back the 17th.

i have no clue about internet access up there and i don't have a laptop. i'll make it work, but it would certainly work easier if the draft was mostly done by then. :shrug:

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

I think what we'll do is select days for each round of the draft. That way we all know when picks are being made, and it can run smoother.

you know, i was thinking that since this is the plan (and a good one) we could actually start the draft as late as saturday, august 19th and still finish the sunday before the draft. that would give us a little more info to work with. you did mean one day round per day, yes? if you're planning two days per round, we need to start pretty quick. :shrug:

also, is the scoring system now official? i know prim and i had both mentioned back on page one a desire for some changes, but it was kinda dropped. personally, my main problems are the D/ST inexplicably getting less points for a TD and the negative points given to defenses/kickers. these things severely hinder what are already limited value positions and have no realistic basis. if a kicker misses on 4th down, it's no different than if they went for it and the QB throws an incomplete pass or the RB gets stuffed. it's simply turned over on downs - why does the kicker get penalized?

i'm not crazy about yardage bonuses for TDs, as they already get credit for yards. it's redundant. still, i can live with it, i guess. i also just noticed that 8 out of 10 teams make the playoffs? and people complain about the NBA! :P i'd rather play one more week in the season and only see 4 teams make it. it may not sound like a lot, but it's 40%. the NFL sends 12 of 32 teams to the playoffs - 37.5%.

again, i'm not trying to complain or start problems, irish. it's just that a long time ago you asked for input. a couple of people made a comment or two. most people said nothing either way. then it was all forgotten. if the majority is happy, that's fine. i just wanted to address this while there was still time. :thumbsup:

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Boooo Lohr! Kick him out! :P

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
:nono:

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
Lohr, I think the easiest way to see what the league wants in regards to any stats changes will be to create a poll about it. It's easier to get specific replies about it. So, just like I did for Otanku in the NN League, feel free to create a poll to determine the league's fellings.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
:thumbsup:

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
ok, all keeper league team owners please go here to vote on league setup and scoring preferences if you haven't already done so! B)

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
Alright, here's the draft info I have so far.

10 team - 16 rounds. THe draft order is set, and LJ has been picked already as #1.

We are going to do a round a day. HOWEVER, we do not have to confine ourselves to that. If someone wants to pick before the day of that round, and its their turn to pick that's fine. (Example: Whoever is picking last in a roud, is picking firstin the next ound. If they want to post 2 draft picks instead of one, that's alright, nd then the person after them can draft whenever they like. I will need to get info on times you can make your picks, so this can go as quickly as possible. I am looking at next week or midde of next week to start. So, here's what I am thinking:

Round 1: Aug 9
Round 2: Aug 11
Round 3: Aug 13
Round 4: Aug 15
Round 5: Aug. 16
Round 6: Aug. 17
Round 7: Aug 19
Round 8: Aug. 21
Round 9: Aug. 23
Round 10: Aug 25
Round 11: Aug 27
Round 12: Aug 28
Round 13: Aug 29
Round 14: Aug 30
Round 15: Aug 31
Round 16: Sept 1

I don't know if we ever concluded the discussion on this, but a live draft is a possiblity if we can get a time. If not, it's no problem.

I am paying close attention to the poll, and changes will come. Note: The roster was changed long ago, there is only 1IR Spot, and 8 bench spots,

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
would it be possible to space rounds 4-6 out a bit? it's just that, like i mentioned earlier, i'm going to be out of town the 12th-17th. that coincides with us going from every other day, to having rounds 4-6 all back-to-back. :( hopefully, things will go speedy early on. if i have to leave a list, the later the rounds the better. i wouldn't mind starting the 8th, either. :shrug:

other than those days, i'd be free for (and in favor of) a live draft virtually any time. that would solve my dilemma and be more fun, too.

ok, i'm going to go look for a website for portland public library. maybe they have free computer access. i'm sure the wife won't mind adding that to our tour. :hmm:

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
I'm sure we can do that, maybedo 2 rounds a day for he first 6 rounds, I think everyone should have a general idea of who they want.

Edit: As for the live draft, ESPN pretty much can set up a live draft for any time of the day, we would just have to get everyone involved. The only issue that I see is UKLK (England) and groove terminator (Aussie).

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
:thumbsup:

(hopefully we'll get feedback from everyone else, soon. time's running out!) :yes:

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Two points:

1. Does this live draft automatically transfer to your top draft ranking after a certain amount of time?

2. Would this scheduled two-day-per-round draft really be all that different to a live draft?

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
1) yes, it will draft in the order you put them. Remember that it will draft your highest ranked player at your pick, so you would need to take into account who might be drafted between your picks.

2) Not really, but it's a bit difficult either way with all the time zome mix ups, but a little eaier for you to draft since you'll beablto see who's taken and who's available.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• 4,154 posts
I'm cool with it. Besides...I've already made my first round pick

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
yeah, who's up next? let's get this baby rolling!!! Posted Image