Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Seasons I - V

• Please log in to reply
4581 replies to this topic

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

Daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.

• 14,874 posts
No, we have 10, and the league is full, if thre's going to be twelve, I need two people to step up, the league won't officially start until the league is full (which it is now)

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
10 seems like a good number. and it seems like one month before the season is a popular choice for when to start the draft. that's sooner than i prefer, but i understand that if we're doing it on the board we can't wait too long (and it's better than doing it now).

what do you say, commish? how do you want to decide it?

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
First game of the season is 9-7-06, so the draft will start no later than 8-1-06. I'll need someone ot help me with the draft, and I'll need to come up with time limits for the picks.

Who wants to help me out here??

Austin

Austin

Some say...

• 6,783 posts
How about a 24 hour time limit for the picks? And if the player misses their pick, they can jump in whenever they want. Also, what about trading picks. This could be of use during an offline draft. A MS Spreadsheet could be used to keep track of the picks. I'll be glad to help.

CF

CF

Malo libertatum periculosum quam quietam servitutem.

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
I may be able to get us a twelfth team, as I already have an 11th. Give me til about Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
Here's the problem with 24 hours a pick -= right now, there's 10 teams, and the draft is 16 rounds, do the math and the draft could conceivably be over 5 months long.

My idea is that we pick days for a round to be. A person has 2-3 hours to make a pick(assuming some of us pick quickly) OR we set a specific time for people to make their picks by on that day (#1 pick has to pick by 8 am, 2 by 10 am and so on). If you don't make your pick in time, it would go to the next person, and the one that missed could jump in at any time. Presumably, the draft could be done in 16 days. The only issue is the Brits in the league, I don't know if the time would work out, unless I had them PM me their 10 picks that they would make, and I would select the highst ranked player left at their pick.

This way, we would know the date of each round, and all could plan accordingly. For example:

Round 1 - 8-1-06
Round 2 - 8-3-06
Round 3 - 8-5-06 etc.....

This way we're not going too long on picks, and I can update the thread for the dates.

EDIT: I've adjusted the roster spots - I changed IR to only 1, and made ti 6 bench players. Let me know if this is a problem.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
well, doing the draft like that would work for me. then again, i'm a stay at home dad now. since we'll know the draft order and thus know what time (roughly) our pick will be, PMing irish with a list wouldn't be too bad. not the same as being there, but better than a computer run autodraft. you'd be able to check & see who was picked every day, so you'd know who was left and send a short list daily. :shrug:

i know you said we won't turn anyone away, but personally, i'd rather not go looking for more people. 10 is a perfect number. 12 i think would be ok, but the limit (preferably). just my opinion.

as for the roster? *sigh* well, i liked the 8 man bench. like i said before, i'd prefer to have 2 IR spots, too. when you combine those two changes...ack! assuming you don't want to screw yourself on bye weeks, you'll need a backup at QB, TE, K, and DEF. with just 6 spots, that also leaves you just 1 backup at WR and RB. injuries happen all the time, but you can only protect one guy.

that seems like less flexibility and more shuffling than is necessary, especially in a medium size league like this. the ability to draft a 3rd QB or carry an extra WR in case you want to go 3-wide sometimes is a nice luxury to have. it makes the draft more fun, too. you can take a flier if you want, without putting your entire season at risk. i'd love to see one reserve spot for each starter spot, personally.

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
dont forget the little aussie here in the pack either when it comes to time differences

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
*re-reads thread*

I'd go for around the beginning of August to start it on the propsed Irish system

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts

dont forget the little aussie here in the pack either when it comes to time differences

Sorry about that, I wasused to Stomtrooper X being the Austrailian in the group. I won't forget about you.

For the league:

Does anyone have a problem with 8 bench player? It provides a backup at each position.

And

It looks ike the IR spots will be between 1 andtwo. I personally think one, just because it makes it more challenging, but I'm not opposed to making it two.

Let me know what you all think.

CF

CF

• Members
  • 3,693 posts

My idea is that we pick days for a round to be. A person has 2-3 hours to make a pick(assuming some of us pick quickly) OR we set a specific time for people to make their picks by on that day (#1 pick has to pick by 8 am, 2 by 10 am and so on). If you don't make your pick in time, it would go to the next person, and the one that missed could jump in at any time. Presumably, the draft could be done in 16 days. The only issue is the Brits in the league...

Err...and the fact that the eleventh team I was talking about, yea, he's in Iraq.

The times like 9 hours ahead, and the time he gets on the net isn't consistent sometimes.

I like the idea of PMing the picks to you for the people who don't have time.

Of course, I'll still need to get that twelfth team.

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
tis all good irish, i'm an easy person to forget!!

me personally i am happy with whatever is decided for the set up of the rosters

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

It looks ike the IR spots will be between 1 andtwo.

so now we're going to have 1 1/2 IR spots?!? :P

it would be much easier to live with just one IR if we keep 8 bench players. so you can switch me to an "either way is fine". :thumbsup:

*kicks CF* stop that! :nono:

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
For this you need to have constant internet access. A trooper in Iraq may not have that. Especially over these next three years.

I'm on holiday end of July btw. Be back for the start of August though

CF

CF

• Members
  • 3,693 posts
Actually, you do this at the beginning of August, there's a good chance he'll be able to do it.

Like I said though, still need that twelfth team.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
We'll see, but I'm going to be searching for a 12th team. But keep me updated. Speakingof which...

UPDATES!!!

First - I left IR at one, but upped the bench to 8. Fair compromise I think.

Second: I have activated DRAFT PICK TRADING, so if you want to trade your picks, feel free. Please update the thread as necessary.

Third: If you can trade draft picks, then there must be a draft order...Here it is! (edit: draft order was selected by hitting the randomize button, otherwise it would have been set in the order that you joined.)

1. SuperDragon
2. Irish
3. groove terminator
4. CF
5. Lohr
6. Austin
7. UKLK
8. Lucas1138
9. Primbud
10. Rock

That is all.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
One more update:

Rock is going to help me out being commissioner of the league. He will be able to handle everything I can.

and if anyone want's to know "why Rock?", I chose him because he as an admin here, he can do whatever I can do as far as the board goes. So all hail Rock, and I hear he can be bought at a very low price.

CF

CF

• Members
  • 3,693 posts

1. SuperDragon
2. Irish
3. groove terminator
4. CF
5. Lohr
6. Austin
7. UKLK
8. Lucas1138
9. Primbud
10. Rock

I'll overlook the coincidence of your getting second ;) :P by the fact that I have the 4th.

Hell yes.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
oh. good. 5th. super...

(hail, rock. woo.)

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts

1. SuperDragon
2. Irish
3. groove terminator
4. CF
5. Lohr
6. Austin
7. UKLK
8. Lucas1138
9. Primbud
10. Rock

I'll overlook the coincidence of your getting second ;) :P by the fact that I have the 4th.

Hell yes.

I wouldn't expect anything less from an Eagles fan.

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
Phere's the Wharoah??

CF

CF

• Members
  • 3,693 posts

1. SuperDragon
2. Irish
3. groove terminator
4. CF
5. Lohr
6. Austin
7. UKLK
8. Lucas1138
9. Primbud
10. Rock

Hell yes.

I wouldn't expect anything less from an Eagles fan.

And I wouldn't expect anything less from a bitch Cowboy's fan.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
*steps back*

Austin

Austin

Some say...

• 6,783 posts
The problem that I would have with 2-3 hour picks is what happens when the person who has the #7 pick, has the deadline from 12AM-3AM? Then Pick 10 or 1 could swoop in and take the value of the seventh overall pick!

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
Swooping in just sounds wrong in such a case.