Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Seasons I - V

• Please log in to reply
4581 replies to this topic

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
NEVER!!!!

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

Nightmares receiver Jeremy Maclin cleared to play following health concerns

Nightmares receiver Jeremy Maclin was recently cleared to play by team physicians after several tests concluded the Missouri native is not suffering from a debilitating condition. "I want everyone to know I'm fine, I'm healthy," Maclin told FoxSports.com. Maclin had started showing symptoms of fatigue, weight loss, loss of appetite, night sweats, and other symptoms in February, but has been feeling better as of late. Though the Nightmares do now know what exactly caused the symptoms, major illnesses like lymphoma were ruled out after tests came back negative.

Asked about Maclin's pending return to the team, Nightmares owner Eric Rash was surprisingly candid. "First and foremost, on a personal level, we're all very relieved for Jeremy. On a football level, though? Yeah, there's quite a bit of relief there, too. We invested over two years to get him into the starting lineup this season and suddenly we weren't even sure if he'd be able to play this year. To have this uncertainty crop up right in the middle of the draft certainly effected us, no doubt. When you're suddenly not sure when or even if you're going to have a player as important as we're hoping Jeremy will be for us this year, you sort of need to adjust the gameplan on the fly."

Maclin's status this offseason was hoped to have cleared by the start of the 2011 NFF draft, but actually became more uncertain as time went by. As recent reports of further testing surfaced, the Nightmares seemed to focus more heavily on wide receiver, using three out of four draft picks on the position in rounds 7-10 and ending with a total of seven on the roster. With today's news, a strong showing in the preseason may have become even more important for some of these players. When Maclin returns to the team, which is expected within the next 7 to 10 days, the team will have a seeming surplus at the WR position, though rookie Julio Jones is widely believed to be in line to succeed Maclin as the team's Developmental Player.

Maclin was drafted by the Nightmares in 2009 and has been their Developmental Player ever since, meaning that while he was on the roster, per NFF rules regarding DP status, he was unable to play in any games. Rash added that, in addition to the obvious reasons, it would have been a further shame had Maclin been unable to play this year, as he is "a shining example of why the current Developmental Player system works. We paid the price, now we're reaping the reward". Reportedly, there has been recent discussion amongst the twelve NFF owners concerning possible changes to the draft and the Delopmental Player system, which currently allows teams to draft rookies and carry them over on their roster for up to two offseasons, providing they have not appeared in any games the previous season.

• Rock +1 this

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,251 posts
I'm almost ashamed to admit that during this ordeal my line of thinking went something like

"Man, I really hope he's okay. That would totally blow, I like him. But if it isn't, that would put Lohr in a bind..."
  • Rock +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,774 posts
+1 to ya both! Awesome write-up, Voodoo Man!

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

I'm almost ashamed to admit that during this ordeal my line of thinking went something like

"Man, I really hope he's okay. That would totally blow, I like him. But if it isn't, that would put Lohr in a bind..."

Mine was similar except it went:

'If he doesn't play then Lohr gets screwed over AND DeSean Jackson gets more targets....'

Didn't realise it was that serious though

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
FFS Ryan Williams
hurry and finish the draft folks, I need to find a replacement now

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,774 posts