Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy Board

769 replies to this topic

Darth_Binks

Darth_Binks

5 Stars

• Members
  • 4,867 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Darth_Binks

Darth_Binks

5 Stars

• Members
  • 4,867 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
love thumbs_u thumbs_u

Darth_Binks

Darth_Binks

5 Stars

• Members
  • 4,867 posts
We begin the next page recapping all the great FF banners and buttons(that I could find) :)

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I just noticed a severe absense of Cloud in those banners. :( There is no excuse to be lacking in the best main character of all the Final Fantasy games. :)

Knight of Ni

Knight of Ni

I'm still alive!

• Members
  • 3,666 posts
Jason's right, Cloud is the main character in what I think is the best FF game (even though I haven't finished it yet :( ), he should get a little representation.

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
as i stated before, they need the mains for the most known games, Celes, Cloud, Squall, Tidus, Yuna and Zidane, then come the extras after that. it's shame they haven't redone the CG for FFVII, the anime cg doesn't mess that great with the more realistic CG of the other games, which is probably part of why he's not on many

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Cloud and the other FFVII characters anime looks is what is appealing to me, actually. I'd hate it if they were to re-release or remake the game and have the characters realistic looking like VIII and X. Those look damn awesome, but I like Cloud and the others with their anime look.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Yeah, but Cloud just symbolizes Final Fantasy. I mean, if somebody, who had never really played much of the games. but heard about them on the news or on some website etc.. etc.. had to pick out a character that represented Final Fantasy, I think it would be Cloud.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Cloud or Sephiroth, yeah.

Y2A

Y2A

Bow Down to the Bling

• Members
  • 6,982 posts
I don't see any FF VII of any kind up there.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
What the heck are you talking about?

Sephiroth is in a couple of Tanks. Cloud and Midgar is in mine. one of the buttons is Clouds Buster Sword...

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts
done-ta da done...

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts

TuskenRaider:
Yeah, but Cloud just symbolizes Final Fantasy. I mean, if somebody, who had never really played much of the games. but heard about them on the news or on some website etc.. etc.. had to pick out a character that represented Final Fantasy, I think it would be Cloud.

I don't know, representing FF i would say it would have to be one of the SD characters, they're just classic FF, particularly the little black mage.

I always thought it would be Sephiroth (Biggest baddie we all loved or hated and *****ed about to everyone because he kicked our arse), then Squall and Rinoa (shown in every possible magazine, not just gaming, with the graduation scenes because of the CG been so amazing at the time so most people remember them more), Cloud maybe after them (Due to spikey hair and first full sized character and anime CG).

of course, i guess it comes down to what we mean by representing FF, but those four would be the most recognised characters i think, then probably Yuna but i'm not sure...

Hmm, now i'm rereading what you said, having to pick a character that represented FF as a whole... that's actually quite hard, Cloud's a good solid choice, but does he represent the early old style games... now there's a discussion for the board!

Darth_Binks

Darth_Binks

5 Stars

• Members
  • 4,867 posts
When exactly is the prune going to take place? :confused:

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

quote:

I always thought it would be Sephiroth (Biggest baddie we all loved or hated and *****ed about to everyone because he kicked our arse), then Squall and Rinoa (shown in every possible magazine, not just gaming, with the graduation scenes because of the CG been so amazing at the time so most people remember them more), Cloud maybe after them (Due to spikey hair and first full sized character and anime CG).

I think Squall and Rinoa definitely have the best love story. When you complete the game, and realize the connections and parallels between Squall and Laguna, it really adds something to Squall and Rinoa's relationship, I really liked that. And by the graduation scenes, do you mean the Waltz? I love that CG sequence, great animation and it's funny too. The best part is when Squall runs into that other dancing couple and Rinoa gives them this glaring look. laugh

By the way DD, I think the majority of the pruning will be taking place this evening.

Darth_Binks

Darth_Binks

5 Stars

• Members
  • 4,867 posts

quote:

By the way DD, I think the majority of the pruning will be taking place this evening.

Ohh :D

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
And there is the prune.

Darth_Binks

Darth_Binks

5 Stars

• Members
  • 4,867 posts
The prune is over, and we are one step closer to getting an FF Board! :D thumbs_u

Mandard

Mandard

First Speaker

• Members
  • 21,336 posts
Oh, fine. :P

http://www.nightly.n...;DaysPrune=1000

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
Moved to its rightful home.