Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy Board

769 replies to this topic

Mr._KissKissBangBang

Mr._KissKissBangBang

• Members
  • 11,982 posts
Final Fantasy is 1000 times more kickass than the Matrix.

FF6 Rules.

Darth Enmity

Darth Enmity

• Members
  • 3,118 posts
I'm for it allthough I'll proabably never post there, and I've only played a few of the games.

Jedi Master Bryce

Jedi Master Bryce

• Members
  • 20,650 posts
So b/c the board has so many FF there should be a board for FF only. Give me a break it is a videogame. So are you telling if there were enough Zelda fans or Mario fans they should make a board just for it. I donít think so. Sure FF had a movie made but it went over like crap and Square lost millions on the deal, Sony had to bail the out of debt. But Mario had a movie made after it also, shoot it even had a cartoon as well.

Hey what about Crazy Taxi there are what like 4 of the games now and a movie coming out next summer. Plus the game has a kicking soundtrack. So should it have its own board? I donít think so.

Sure there is a thread in the Videogame board with some 800 posts, but Zelda had on a while back the reached 500 but had to be closes b/c PSX fans started getting into it with N64 fans. True that was a long time ago but nonetheless it showed that we have a lot of Zelda fans here at nightly.

What you said about the music, give me a break. Sure some people may really like the music but is that really a reason to have a board for FF? I really donít think so.

I think since we wonít be seeing be seeing another FF movie, FF is once again just a videogame which is where it should stayÖ

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
Well, it's a little bit of an understatement to say that FF is "just a video game". You are talking about the most popular RPG series in the HISTORY of video games. No other video game series even comes remotely close to it's popularity and sales. None.

Not Mario
Not Zelda

Nothing

10 titles with an 11th crossing over into the PC genre with online playing. XII on it's heels. There doesn't seem to be any steam loss in the bullet train that is Final Fantasy.

Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange

• Members
  • 3,673 posts
I don't agree with it.

DML

DML

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Jedi Master Bryce:
So b/c the board has so many FF there should be a board for FF only. Give me a break it is a videogame. So are you telling if there were enough Zelda fans or Mario fans they should make a board just for it. I donít think so. Sure FF had a movie made but it went over like crap and Square lost millions on the deal, Sony had to bail the out of debt. But Mario had a movie made after it also, shoot it even had a cartoon as well.

Hey what about Crazy Taxi there are what like 4 of the games now and a movie coming out next summer. Plus the game has a kicking soundtrack. So should it have its own board? I donít think so.

Sure there is a thread in the Videogame board with some 800 posts, but Zelda had on a while back the reached 500 but had to be closes b/c PSX fans started getting into it with N64 fans. True that was a long time ago but nonetheless it showed that we have a lot of Zelda fans here at nightly.

What you said about the music, give me a break. Sure some people may really like the music but is that really a reason to have a board for FF? I really donít think so.

I think since we wonít be seeing be seeing another FF movie, FF is once again just a videogame which is where it should stayÖ

Wow...I think that is like the longest post JMB has ever posted. Did you break an arm typing that up? laugh

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Well bryce, FF isn't like any other game out there. Sure there are many mario games this and that blah blah blah. But I dont think Mario could have his own forum. lol but I think that Final Fantasy could because of the sheer amount of things that can be discussed on it. And it stretches past video games because you dont talk about screen shots or the new game coming out or what not. You talk about playing the game and the experiences you had with it.

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
FF isn't just a game, to me that's an instult. No 'game' can touch a person the way FF does and i could talk about all day long, heck, i'm doing a full on History presentation on it at Uni and i've had people asking to join my group because of the subject and because they too find it more then just a game. I for one would find no problem discussing every aspect of the X games plus the coming XI and XII and the music and the movie, the spin off games, the merchandise that i collect, fan fiction everything.

So no, I don't think it's just a 'game'.

starwarskater

starwarskater

I wish I was clever

• Members
  • 3,766 posts
Mario story line=very simple
Final Fantasy= 10 very involves storie lines with many characters each time around, with more on the way.

DML

DML

• Members
  • 10,830 posts
Plain and Simple: Final Fantasy is the Star Wars of Video Games.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
thumbs_u thumbs_u thumbs_u Right on, guys.

Vivi

Vivi

• Members
  • 1,515 posts
Why don't we just send Mandard a PS2 along with FF7-FF10...he will get hooked on them, they will consume his life forever, and then he will give us a FF board.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts

Cloud24:
FF isn't just a game, to me that's an instult. No 'game' can touch a person the way FF does and i could talk about all day long, heck, i'm doing a full on History presentation on it at Uni and i've had people asking to join my group because of the subject and because they too  find it more then just a game. I for one would find no problem discussing every aspect of the X games plus the coming XI and XII and the music and the movie, the spin off games, the merchandise that i collect, fan fiction everything.

So no, I don't think it's just a 'game'.

This is a really wonderful post, btw. It speaks volumes. :)

Yossarian

Yossarian

A Cracked Polystyrene Man

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Cloud24:
FF isn't just a game, to me that's an instult. No 'game' can touch a person the way FF does and i could talk about all day long, heck, i'm doing a full on History presentation on it at Uni and i've had people asking to join my group because of the subject and because they too  find it more then just a game.

An "instult" eh? Why don't you try getting a life?

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
oh no, i made a typo :rolleyes:

Yossarian

Yossarian

A Cracked Polystyrene Man

• Members
  • 2,324 posts
I wasn't really concentrating on your typo, more on your assertion that Final Fantasy is in some way more than a game because it touched you in an unclear (thankfully) way. So what is it if not a dull computer game? A way of life, a philosphy, perhaps a religion?

This is why I suggested you might need to get a life as you regard someone describing a computer game as a computer game as a personal insult.

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
Right, but I guess by that standard atleast 90% of the people here need a life based on their love/passion of Star Wars, Star trek, Buffy, Bond, The Matrix etc etc. Heck, i guess every single person posting here at nightly should go get a life.

So yeah, i do take it as an insult because it's something i'm passionate about, just like the Sar Wars fans who's very existance revolves around those three movies etc. I'm just like someone who's passionate about anything so yeah, i am offended to have it demeaned like that

:Shrugs: if you think i need a life, fine, so do a lot of other people and for now, i'm quite happy with my life it's pretty fun actually.

No One Gives A Damn

No One Gives A Damn

• Banned Users
  • 3,090 posts
I'm not a huge video games player like alot of people here, but I have played some of the FF games and they are pretty amazing.
Video games just have a stigma about them, that they are for 'nerds'. If someone said a film, book or piece of music have really changed their lives, you wouldn't think twice. It's just that the subject in question is a video game.
I agree that FF is so much more than a video game. It's a game, a movie, a wonderful music score and a good book all in one.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts

Darth Yossarian:
An "instult" eh? Why don't you try getting a life?

Yeah, alright, this wasn't called for at all. A person gave their opinion and you turn right around and make fun of them? Come on, are we in 5th grade again?

Andorus

Andorus

My heart is in the work

• Members
  • 10,245 posts
Tank--want to flip a coin for banner-making dibs?

I've only played FF8, but I've kept up with the other games to a degree through some friends who are avid gamers, and...they're incredible. The Final Fantasy series definitely warrants its own board--comparing it to Mario's just ridiculous. Each game is a completely self-contained world, there's a movie, there's been doujinshi (a form of Japanese manga/comics)...there are so many facets to each game, and you can even see how much Squaresoft's software and graphical capabilities have evolved just in the last 3 or 4 games--it's amazing. This would definitely be a popular board, and I'm all for it. :)

Mandard

Mandard

First Speaker

• Members
  • 21,336 posts

Vivi:
Why don't we just send Mandard a PS2 along with FF7-FF10...he will get hooked on them, they will consume his life forever, and then he will give us a FF board.

Now we're talking. thumbs_u

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Actually TR was the one who asked for it, if it were to happen it would be he to thank for it, so I personally think he would have first dibs on a banner, haha. :)

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
I can give you FFVII and a Help guide. Will that be enough to smooth it over?

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
you can send him FFIV, V and VI also since they're on PSX

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
And Jason, If other people want to make banners, I'm all for that. Less work is always high on my priority list.

Reply to this topic