Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy Board

• Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Ahem.

Okay. Now sure Final Fantasy is a video game series. But I dont think that it belongs only on the Video game board. It dips into Music, Movies and even Fan Fiction. :)

As of now it has 11 games to it's credit and they seem to release a new one almost every year. So that is certainly enough topic right there for a forum. Help threads, Favorite moments, Favorite characters, discussion about the plot, reviews, discussion about tactic.. All those things for eleven different games, with more on the way.

I said this also dips into Music. There is obviously a soundtrack for each of the games, and they are also very discussable. Favorite tracks, favorite album in general, things like this. There are versions in the games as well as live versions of them out. And occasionally they perform live concerts with a full orchestra. So the music, as well as the games are also a topic for discussion.

And there was also a movie last year to discuss. While that is relatively old news, there can still be threads started up about it, and the people who like the games and visit the forum will give that thread more attention and replies then it would get if it were just in the Movie forum.

I also mentioned fan fiction. There isn't a whole lot to talk about.. there is a great deal of fan fiction being written about the games, and I think that some of that could be posted at the board as well, and it would recieve better posts and what not from the final fantasy fans then it would if it were posted at the writing board. I know of at leasta couple of members at nightly who write the fan fiction and they would probably post some of the stuff. :)

http://www.nightly.n...c;f=56;t=002674

The above link is the Final Fantasy thread in the video games board. As you can see it's getting quite large, so interest in the series is certainly here at Nightly. If you read the thread you'll notice some of it turned to chat, but most all, even the chat portions, are related in a way to Final Fantasy. I know of at least ten members here would visit that board and post on it every day. Which, I believe is more that can be said about The Matrix board, The Animation board, Classic Star Wars and possibly even the Writing board.

I can think of 25 or 30 different topics that could be started in that forum just off the top of my head. So I'm sure that other people would be willing to post on those threads, as well as come up with a multitude of threads on their own.

I think this board would get alot of traffic as we have tons of Final Fantasy fans on the boards.. and I think it would be a good idea. thumbs_u

starwarskater

starwarskater

I wish I was clever

• Members
  • 3,766 posts
Yeah i would definatly post on that board everyday. There is so much more to talk about than TR mentioned. It would definatly get some traffic! I don't see how trying it out would hurt, it is definitely worth a try!

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Oh yeah, There is also a huge market for SW collectables as well. I forgot about that.

They make Action figures, posters, clothing, rings, necklaces, statues, watches. All kinds of stuff. :)

Knight of Ni

Knight of Ni

I'm still alive!

• Members
  • 3,666 posts
Never thought about it before, but an FF board would be awesome to have here at Nightly... And it does apply to all of those areas that TR has pointed out. Looking forward to it. thumbs_u

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I think this is a wonderful idea. The thread in the Video Game board is proof enough of how popular the series is here at Nightly, and I agree that a section for it would be very successful. I hope that it's taken into serious consideration. :)

Last of the Mandalorians

Last of the Mandalorians

• Members
  • 5,774 posts
I'm absolutely, 100% all for a Final Fantasy forum here at Nightly. thumbs_u

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
A FF board would kick booty. Can I make the banner?

Vivi

Vivi

• Members
  • 1,515 posts
I agree with everything TR said, from the 10 FF games, each with their own storyline, innovations, and characters, 100 threads could be created on one FF game alone, and definately from all 10.

I think if there was a Final Fantasy Forum, even those who are casual FF games would post on it, just for the fact that they probably didn't know a FF thread existed on the videogame board.

Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant

Overlord

• Members
  • 12,399 posts
You really want to discuss the FF movie on an FF board?

The movie SUCKED, dude, it SUCKED.

starwarskater

starwarskater

I wish I was clever

• Members
  • 3,766 posts
I don't want to turn this into a discussion on the movie, but it did not suck, i loved it!
but see this is more proof that the board would do good. Just arguing about how much the movie sucked or not, alone would be some good posting!

Jedi Master Bryce

Jedi Master Bryce

• Members
  • 20,650 posts

Lost in Coruscant:

laugh

I dont think it is a great idea.

The Maker

The Maker

Old Hermit

• Members
  • 11,429 posts
While I'm not a fan of FF, I am really impressed by the facts and reasoning presented for creating such a forum.

No One Gives A Damn

No One Gives A Damn

• Banned Users
  • 3,090 posts

quote:

Originally posted by Jedi Master Bryce:
I dont think it is a great idea.

You just don't want to lose your traffic from the computer game forum.

Seriously though, I think it's a very good idea.

xkrazykidx

xkrazykidx

• Banned Users
  • 928 posts

Lost in Coruscant:

agreed

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Yeah well, you could start a thread bashing the movie at the board.

Not here though, thats not what this is for. :)

Neo

Neo

• Members
  • 388 posts
I would also love to have a Final Fantasy board. I'd have oodles and oodles to talk about...

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
You know i'm in TR :D

Neo

Neo

• Members
  • 388 posts
We should delete The Matrix forum and replace it with a Final Fantasy forum. :P

DML