Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Static Party Constructive Criticism (welcome Slayerrr)

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
- Leveling speed is not consistent or fast

That I have no advice for. Maybe having a sixth person always there would help.

- A bit of tension about waiting for TCS

If TD doesn't want to wait, they shouldn't have to. As a part of TCS, I'm not wanting anyone in another static to wait for us if they are not wanting to.

- Lack of a 6th is a constant barb

Find one. Decide what job you want to have there and hunt down a 6th however you can.

- A seperatist attitude between the two parties

This I just don't get. One problem I can see is not what I would call seperatist, I would call it a sharing problem. Like Sive stated in her above post she's torn between teams. TD member has 1k tnl and TCS is ready to go. Yeah, it's gonna be a problem. This will also have to do with waiting for another team. People have to realize that we have two statics with different priorities it seems. As I said before, if TD doesn't wanna wait for us to catch up then they shouldn't feel like they have to. That's why we have two statics. If there is another problem here or more details to this, will someone please step up and say something.

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
I agree that TD shouldn't have to wait for us to do the G2 stuff AF etc.

There is understandably some friction with us sharing Sive, simply because boths teams have relatively short time to team up and PT. TD has some delay getting started because they have to find that 6th member. So when they finally do get the team together and head out it must be great. Then when we all get on for the TCS PT it probably feels like we are ripping away one of the members. I can understand that.

But we kind of set ourselves up for this having shared PT people and doing the PTs on the same Days one after the other. Mon and Wed seem to be best for the majority of people, so that seems to be the only real choice.

Despite the missing 6th etc. TD seems to be gaining levels at a nice pace though. /cheer

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts

Roedran:
There is understandably some friction with us sharing Sive, simply because boths teams have relatively short time to team up and PT. TD has some delay getting started because they have to find that 6th member. So when they finally do get the team together and head out it must be great. Then when we all get on for the TCS PT it probably feels like we are ripping away one of the members. I can understand that.

If that's all it is, I can totally understand that. I just want to clear the air in case there is more unspoken tension.

Invisible Boy

Invisible Boy

• 7,003 posts
I really don't think we have to wait for TCS to get to 55 to do G2. Unless we want everyone to catch up on EXP. One team of 55s, one team of 52/53, and if we can get other LS members to help, we should be fine. I could go as RDM too.

When I was in a static with my WHM, most of our members got to do G2 at level 52/53.

Also, you don't have to be in the alliance to get the items. You can "leech" off an alliance by letting them kill the NM then grabbing the frigicite or whatever when the NM is dead.

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts

Macstorm:

Macstorm:

If that's all it is, I can totally understand that. I just want to clear the air in case there is more unspoken tension.

I think it's also like Sive pointed out sometimes people are like 800 tnl or 1 skill point away from the newest WS. But we still want Sive so she feels torn etc.

It's like how I usually just get a level in TCS and then we stop for the night. (Not a complaint mind you!! just an anecdote) :)

Invisible Boy

Invisible Boy

• 7,003 posts
Or when we get ready to level and Dubhe "quits"! :mad: :mad:

edit: :angry: should work cry

Stress

Stress

If you're happy and you know it... kill yourself.

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
some how i get the feeling the end is near... not for any particular reasons... just the impression that i get coming from both pt...

so he's the skinny...
we have one rdm who doesn't like rdm... well then, honestly sive, if you don't like it -don't play it- ... as much as we enjoy pting w/ you, you shouldn't have to do sumthing you don't like, it's your money every month, so what you like... you say your 'helping', but it doesn't help me when you're only here to fill in one of our spots, i'd rather you want to be here cause you, in fact, want to be here...

finding a sixth, lol, there aren't to many ppl in this game that are willing to pt only 2 times a week for 3-4 hours... that's granny speed, which i agree completely... difference is: i don't care :D

don't know about this synergy thing reso i talkin about, cause frankly i'm a little upset about angel login out on us yesturday... time to xp, but no time for skill ups and helping out pt members get thier coffers... sorry, i like angel, but that's selfish as well as childish...

so w/o sive we'd only have 4, like i said, we don't level fast enuf for 95% of the Titan population... so we're kinda of screwed :D ... easier to find 1 than 2 tho... and yes, i could stand to pt longer or more days, but again -apathy rules-

i've heard about the two statics reconfiguring, but that ain't gonna happen or work... they play at thier time cause it's good for them and we play at ours, cause... well duh...

i made a commitment just like the other did, which i stand by... sadly tho, i think our commitments are going to out live the static parties... but that's just me, i'm not about rainbows and sunshine and all that ****.... :P

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Sadly, I see Stress as the Static PT Oracle right now.

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
mekaleca-hi meka-hynie-ho :D

Resolute

Resolute

• Members
  • 215 posts
Those opinions presented weren't necessarily my own opinions, but ones shared with me.

I think the idea of having an alliance/pt config with both teams would benefit the LS as a whole.
1. More comraderie and esprit de corps.
2. Actual party experience with each other.
3. Knowledge and technique sharing.
4. The ability to handle newer and more exciting areas.
5. The ability for people to fit their schedules while the 'party' is still going thus, allowing them to leave/join as required.

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts

quote:

I'm mostly in it to have fun as an xp party with LS members.

I think Sive's comment about sums it up for all involved.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts

Roedran:

quote:

I'm mostly in it to have fun as an xp party with LS members.

I think Sive's comment about sums it up for all involved.

I get the feeling that is true for us here, but Stress' comment about Angel last night would lead me to wonder otherwise. Rags, Tank, Wix...haven't heard from them either. Though having talked with Rags and Tank I know they feel that way.

Sutekidane

Sutekidane

• Members
  • 2,005 posts
Its not that I don't like RDM, or that I don't wanna be there (in TD). I'm really not just there to fill up a slot, but to help. I wanna do a good job for the party, help you guys advance, and advance my RDM in the process. I just don't enjoy it nearly as much as BRD. If I had my choice between the two, I'd pick BRD. If there were a good alternative to the situation that would satisfy everybody who has made the commitment, I'd take it. Right now I'm not sure if the static alliance would be the good alternative. Some kinks would need to be worked out. Like, determining what everyone's goals are for one. Whether people are there for fun and advancement, or if all they're mostly concerned about getting the next level or next AF. But in TD is where I wanna be, because I like helping.

Wixavion

Wixavion

• Members
  • 729 posts
I finally read these posts and I'm kinda got mixed feelings not sure whats going on but it sounds like having a Static alliance party could alleviate some of both parties problems (like TD's 6th person problem and such), but some other problems could arise too... such as some people only being able to stay on for so long and some not being able to be on till later... also the level gap is quite sizable and would take TCS some time to catch up to 55 where TD is...

just my 2 gil....

As far as my goals.. I'm all of the above.. I'm in it for the fun, the comraderie and friendship, the advancement, but also for higher levels and UbEr LeWtZ too hehehe...

!!!DarkSpark!!! /grin

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
Ya I'm thinkin the Alliance thing might not work out. But meh..

So what I have gathered about "The TCS Dilema" is that Dubhe is avail Mon and Wed @ 10 EST roughly. Which isn't too bad considering that is about when we usually teamed anyway.

So are we good to go on those days at those times?

Also TD does not need to wait for us to do anything, they are their own team so I don't think anyone of us wants to hold them back.

Umm, ya that's all I have to say I have no clue from here.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
As far as G2 goes, I think we are ready to go anytime. Maybe we could do it very soon.

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
whenever :D

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Dub, Reso...you've done G2. How long should it take to kill em all once we get there?

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
So I'm not sure if the alliance thing was suggested in regards to actually doing XP parties, I had the impression it was for coordinating mission stuff...

If it is for XP parties, I wouldn't mind that at all. The only thing is scheduling issues. Mondays I can actually play during both PT times (from like 630pm CST til like 1230am CST).

Weds, I can't be online until almost 10pm CST. Everyone seems to have some sort of conflict on other days, but I ask it again:

Is there no other day that works for pretty much everyone (first and foremost that question is for my static)? What about Sunday nights like 8pm central-11pm? Saturday mornings from like 10am-1pm (central)? Tuesday nights? Yes those times obviously work for me too, but I'm also just mentioning them as examples...

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Here are my times to PT.

Mon 9PM - 1:30PM EST
Wed 9PM - 1:30PM EST
Fri 11PM - whenever (not guaranteed)
Sat whenever - 3PM EST (not guaranteed)

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
So Sunday's just plain bad for you eh Mac? Do yer homework in the daytime. :P

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts

Otanku:
So Sunday's just plain bad for you eh Mac? Do yer homework in the daytime. :P

Sunday I'm at church, out with family/girlfriend, and sleeping early for an early drive from Knoxville to Johnson City. That's the reason you will almost never see me on Sundays. If I have Mondays off, I can play late night...but that would be at like 11pm EST.

PS: Homework? Grad school doesn't give homework, just torture. :P

Sutekidane

Sutekidane

• Members
  • 2,005 posts
The current party times are good for me.

Alternatively, the following times would be available with me:

-Friday nights, after 10pm EST. Sometimes it would be later than that, so this is not guaranteed.
-anytime Saturday
-anytime Sunday up to 5pm EST. After 10pm EST on Sunday to about 1am EST, but - like late Friday - thats not guaranteed either.

So Friday and Sunday nights are out, unless its late. And on Sunday I don't wanna stay up past 1am EST, because I have to get up early and go to work. Also, Tuesday and Thursday are just out, unless both statics wanna meet on those nights instead of Monday and Wednesday. I don't wanna have a static 4 nights a week during the week. In other words, I don't wanna do TD for 4+ hours on Monday, then TCS for 4+ hours on Tuesday, then TD again for 4+ hours on Wednesday, then TCS for 4+ hours on Thursday. I just don't want 4 nights of my week tied up like that. Sorry.

Resolute

Resolute

• Members
  • 215 posts
Availability: Arizona Time...

Mon 3pm - 11pm
Tue 3pm - 11pm
Wed 3pm - 11pm
Thu 3pm - xxx
Fri -All Day-
Sat xxx - 11pm
Sun 3pm - 11pm

Invisible Boy

Invisible Boy

• 7,003 posts
FYI for TCS, I can party tonight if you all want to. :D

And the times we have now are good for me. Actually I could work with Tues/Thurs too from 9pm-1am, but I don't think that's good for Domie. And I don't want Sive to go through static 4 nights a week. Sundays after work would be okay as well.

Good times for me:

Sun - 9pm-whenever
Mon - 10pm-1am
Tues - 9pm-whenever
Wed - 10pm-1am
Thurs - 9pm-whenever
Fri- 11pm-whenever (but not always :()