Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Static Party Constructive Criticism (welcome Slayerrr)

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Facade100

Facade100

• Members
  • 58 posts
My thoughts on our stat PTs current situation.

I reccomend we take tonite and Mon off from xping. This will give Tank an oppurtunity to lvl his sub or raise money for raise2/erase etc. Also Dub said he would know within a week whether he would be able to make the Static in the future. We all know Dubbs is more than capable of making up lost xp if he does indeed return. However we have always made a point to not xp without our brethren. Though Dubbs says we should proceed w/o him I feel this is no exception. If Dubhe cannot return to the static we will find permanent replacement ASAP. Team Death should carry on as normal until this situation is resolved.

/my 2 cents.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I'd love to hear Roe, Sive and Tank's viewpoint as well. Though this would not be a problem for me.

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
That would be fine with me as well. I have many other jobs I can level. ^^

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
If we do this, do you all want to plan another event in the meantime?

First off, Tank does need to level Summoner or whatever. And give Erase for now at least. Raise 2 can come at 56.

I know you've not had a lot of time to level your sub, Tank...but now is that time.

If I can help anyone with anything, let me know.

Even if we don't level, I'd still like to maybe do something with TCS (Team Connection Speed). No idea what though. I would say explore new areas, but that's next week. We could always skill up. shrug

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
There's no way I can make 100k needed for Erase, especially since I have to spend about 50k on items to survive the Avatar battle(s). May need to buy gil again. :(

As to Dubhe, I don't mind waiting in the short term til he knows his fate.

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts
Let me just warn you...having SMN as a subjob so you can cast Avatar magic on the Party IS NOT efficient. It would be the equivalent of a SMN of half your level trying to cast magic that would protect you from mobs that con IT to the higher levels. EX: A level 28 SMN trying to cast Aerial Armor so people won't get hit with Blink at level 56 from IT mobs. Don't focus on leveling SMN so much if it won't be your main job. Your main job is your priority, get what you need first.

Sutekidane

Sutekidane

• Members
  • 2,005 posts
I'm fine with Connection Speed being put on hold, at least until Wednesday. Cause honestly I'm torn as to what to do right now.

I don't wanna leave Dubhe behind. But he's also said that, because of his schedule, he might not be able to come back to the static. He doesn't want me to leave the static. And I made a commitment to this team. Roe and Rags were good enough to wait for me while I was gone. If two of us were out, that would really throw a hardship for the static, and I don't wanna do that.

Still I hate leaving him behind, and I hate not partying with him. Its tough. But I don't want him to feel any guilt, or any pressure to be a part of it when it conflicts with his schedule. So I think you can count on me to be a part of it, if it does continue. I'm sorry. I'm still not 100%, I'm still mulling it over, but part of the static is where I stand right now.

As for Team Death, when we're all capped at 55.9, I think we should wait for Connection Speed to do G2. We need a full alliance, right? That's essentially 2/3 of what we need, give or take a couple of people. In the meantime, we can do skillups, AF stuff, get mission 5-1 done for anybody who has not done it in our group, and help other people in the linkshell with stuff they need.

Stress

Stress

If you're happy and you know it... kill yourself.

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
mmm... skill ups... /drool

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Once again, I'm all for that.

Wixavion

Wixavion

• Members
  • 729 posts
I want to do M5-2 =)

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
As do I...I say we go Monday. :P

Stress

Stress

If you're happy and you know it... kill yourself.

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
would be nice if some others could do 5-1, so that they could do 5-2

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Well Hell yeah. Let's get everyone 5-1. No one had posted about it, so I don't know who's done what. shrug

Wixavion

Wixavion

• Members
  • 729 posts
ok!

Sutekidane

Sutekidane

• Members
  • 2,005 posts
I thought that maybe some people hadn't done it it yet. When team death is all capped, we should go do it. Then maybe we can all go do 5-2 as an alliance when we go to do G2. I don't think we wanna fight the Shadowlord before 55 anyway. You can take an alliance into the Shadowlord fight, right?

Invisible Boy

Invisible Boy

• 7,003 posts
I don't think so. :( I think it's a 6 person battle. And you wouldn't wanna sneak/invis an alliance all the way to the battle field. I herd it's a biyach.

Resolute

Resolute

• Members
  • 215 posts
Well,

We have had some time to consider possibilities and come up with some conclusions.

Are we combining participants in the Static Parties and creating a Static Alliance? (XP modifier For an alliance is capped at what xp would be for a 4 person party (1.85)(I believe is the number).
http://www.rpgexpert.com/568.html

=======================
==== ALLIANCE EXP RATES

If you are in alliance, then exp works similar to how it works for parties, with one important exception: the multiplier for everyone is always 1.85. This may lead you to think that you could exploit a higher exp rate by joining two small parties together in an alliance to get a higher multiplier (for example two parties of 4 each to jump from a 1.6 multiplier to a 1.85 multiplier), but remember that you still divide the post-multiplier exp by the total number of players in the alliance, so you end up with a lower exp rate in an alliance no matter how you slice it:

* 4 players in a party, all the same level, kill a 100 point monster: (1.6 x 100) / 4 = 40 pre-penalty points each.

* 6 players in a party, all the same level, kill a 100 point monster: (2.1 x 100) / 6 = 35 pre-penalty points each.

* 8 players in an alliance, all the same level, kill a 100 point monster: (1.85 x 100) / 8 = 23 pre-penalty points each.
===============================

so. if we are willing to take a xp/kill loss. we could all party together. We shoudl be able to kill faster and more. so xp chains of higher numbers and more safety and fun shoudl be possible. In addition it woudl help solve our not enough players in each static, but too many total issue.

Please. Discussion, opinions. Suggestions?

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
While I'm not knocking this idea we still have some other problems.

1. We still have time conflicts.
2. Sive might not want to give up one of her jobs.
3. TD would have to wait for TCS to catch up to them, which hopefully we will start doing again on Wed.

Biggest problem would be the time conflicts.

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
If we could work out an Alliance Static that would kick ass. But as Domie said it wouldn't really be able to start until the same time that TCS normally starts, and then people from TD may not have much time to play from that point on.

I am almost of the mind to have everyone get 55.9 in pick ups then do G2 all together for those that haven't already done it. But that breaks away from our not leveling without the team rule, which all of us have stuck to really well.

It seems that both Statics are reaching a teetering point I know Angel is getting frustrated about the whole thing, and I am pretty sure Wix wants his level 56 AF as bad as he wanted !!DARKSPARK!!. Stress doesn't care about waiting, pretty sure Sive and Reso are in the same boat.

So we need to try and figure something out.

Dubhe any news on your situation?

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Dubhe said in another post that he should be on for Wed. And hopefully from here on out, but I'm not sure about that.

What problems does the other static have right now?

Sutekidane

Sutekidane

• Members
  • 2,005 posts
I wouldn't mind doing the alliance static. If anything, it would definitely be fun, interesting, and we'd still be getting xp. I'm in no hurry to get to 75 or 60 and full AF for that matter. I'm mostly in it to have fun as an xp party with LS members.

Leveling one job (BRD) would be perfectly fine with me. I joined Team Death as a RDM to help them out, because they needed at least one more member, particularly a healer. But, to be honest, RDM is not a whole lot of fun for me anymore, unless I'm soloing. Its a very powerful job (which is why I like it for soloing), but its also a lot of work. And its pretty expensive to keep up, especially when you've got another job thats post 50. On the other hand, I have a lot of fun with BRD, its useful, and its not very expensive to keep up. For example, I bought Mages Ballad II for only like 12k. If I bought a spell that useful for my RDM, there's no telling how much it would cost. I've got all the instruments I'll need for a while too, so thats not an issue. Lastly, its kinda a hassle to move from one static to another, right after another. I dont mind doing it, I like helping, but I won't complain if thats alleviated from me. It makes me feel bad when I'm making Connection Speed wait on me, but someone else in Team Death is like 1k away from leveling or a couple of skill points away from a new weapon skill. I feel bad for both groups then.

I think the schedule thing could be worked out. Just depends on how many hours a night we'd do it, and maybe not when those hours are exactly. I believe the real hurdle will be asking people to be patient, and sacrifice a little xp. I for one don't mind waiting or sacrificing some xp.

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts

quote:

think the schedule thing could be worked out. Just depends on how many hours a night we'd do it, and maybe not when those hours are exactly. I believe the real hurdle will be asking people to be patient, and sacrifice a little xp. I for one don't mind waiting or sacrificing some xp.

I agree and if we do the Alliance right we may end up getting better xp. We can JP pull to our hearts content and take on tougher monsters.

Resolute

Resolute

• Members
  • 215 posts
Our static has:

Leveling speed is not consistent or fast...
A bit of tension about waiting for TCS.
Lack of a 6th is a constant barb.
A seperatist attitude between the two parties.

---------
Great rapport between members.
Fantastic players.
Great synergy between the party members.
Trust and confidence in each other.

Invisible Boy

Invisible Boy

• 7,003 posts
If this happens, I probably wouldn't be able to join. I might not be able to get on until 10pm EST Mon and Wed, so you can most likely count me out.

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
That's when we normally team with the exception of Weds. tho. ^^