Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Static Party Constructive Criticism (welcome Slayerrr)

500 replies to this topic

Invisible Boy

Invisible Boy

• 7,003 posts
Stupid PLD/WARs... and their cookie cutter combo... SAM/WAR... cookie cutter... RNG/NIN and THF/NIN... all cookie cutter...

Cause honestly, cookie cutter works. :P It's like that for a reason.

As for me getting hit a lot in our static, that was a big ouchie til level 50. I noticed that last time we partied, once I had my phalanx rings macro'd for my initial voke, I took a lot less damage. Plus, I've got defender and 2 dodge earrings now. This shouldn't be as much of a problem.

I also think that once you guys see me in red at the beginning, you start to panic. But I'm trusting Rags and Domie enough to get SATA off before I die. :P

Xerlic

Xerlic

Tarus > Galkas

• Members
  • 665 posts
http://mysterytour.w...i/us/index.html

Check this place out for alternative levelling areas. Instead of Kuftal, you can kill spiders in Boyahda, Worms in Ranperre's Tomb, orcs in Davoi, Weapons in Fei'Yin, etc etc etc.

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
Ya, I was just using you as an example Dubhe, cuz you are/were squishy.

Main point was Tank pulls a lot of aggro often, then goes PLD style with the self cures. If Tank gets hit I want to heal him so he can lose some of his aggro.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts

Xerlic:
http://mysterytour.w...i/us/index.html

Check this place out for alternative levelling areas. Instead of Kuftal, you can kill spiders in Boyahda, Worms in Ranperre's Tomb, orcs in Davoi, Weapons in Fei'Yin, etc etc etc.

I have been using it. Thank you offering the help. :)

Stress

Stress

If you're happy and you know it... kill yourself.

• Members
  • 1,044 posts

Invisible Boy:
Stupid PLD/WARs... and their cookie cutter combo... SAM/WAR... cookie cutter... RNG/NIN and THF/NIN... all cookie cutter...

Cause honestly, cookie cutter works. :P It's like that for a reason.

sure, but none of those jobs are as versatile as war... war/mnk is cookie cutter for pre-lvl 50 tanks... but you didn't go that route dubhe :P let me restate it in a way that's understood... it's stupid to play a certain set up just because everyone says it the uber combo... if you can make any set up work, and be efficient about then kewl... games are about having fun, not doing what others want you too...
i've been lvling ninja... and it's not fun to me, i can see it's draw, but it's not my thing... i just want my war af so that when i quit this game at at least i leave satified... at least i know GG understands me :P

side note: calling all lvl 15 jobs!! want to be PL'd? the Gameshark is offering his services, let myself or roe know!

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Roe, Stress...consider yourself let known. When? If I can make it, I'll be there. If not, no biggie.

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
I am down for a round tonight, or tomorrow afternoonish. I won't be home til around 9pst tonight, then won't be on till after 1 ish tomorrow but whenever works for me.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
9PM or 12 Midnight would be when I would be on tonight. So...just let me knows.

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
oo... i should let constable know, he's got war lvl 15 :D

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I'd be game for a powerleveling session or a complete LS party. My idea of complete is a white mage in the party.

What jobs are you gonna be using?

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
ninja monkey!

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
And Roedown?

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
Ok you all got a choice, I can go as my 15 WHM, or as the GameShark.

I don't care either way, basically if we can get enough LS peeps (full team) we can have healer(Roe WHM) and tanks, and DD's oh my!!

Otherwise whoever shows up gets plvled by me (Roe RDM)

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
uh... the PLer...
Constable = GameGenie
Hoedran = GameShark

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I will go as a Paladin, if we have a reliable White Mage...or Roe as a White Mage. :P

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
uh.. you lost me...

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
You said a level 15 job, so I choose to use Paladin. But I'll only go if Roe or someone else that we trust is playing White Mage. Though I guess Roe as GameShark would work as well.

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
lol.. ok... i was gonna restate roe was PLing, wasn't sure what you meant :P

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
haha, now there is confusion. Mwuahahaha!!!

Const = GameGenie
Roe = GameShark

Yeah I can either go as my WHM and we can do the normal PT thing or we can get enough LS people that want some quick xp and maybe a death or two and I can plvl ya'll.

I am up for whateva.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I'm thinking that maybe this thread is the wrong place for this discussion. yes

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
my sitiuation is that this isn't for fun, i need to get hi enuf for a decent sub by monday... so the faster the better...

but don't let that stop you from forming a pt, that would be just as good :D

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts

Macstorm:
I'm thinking that maybe this thread is the wrong place for this discussion. yes

i was noticing that too ><

Wixavion

Wixavion

• Members
  • 729 posts

Macstorm:
You could let Wix tank. :P

Heheh ya right!
actually let me keep finding out about the whole Counter-Monk idea and I will think about it, it is VERY expensive to raise because of the gear needed but sounds like it could work but it does need lots and LOTS of +EVA and +Counter gear.
just a sample

Cross-Counters = 1,500,000-2M gil

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
lol... no way man... if you wanna spend that kinda money, i won't stop you... but i can't let you tank, and i don't think reso and sive would like the massive drain on thier mp... as if i wasn't a bad enuf drain now :P

Wixavion

Wixavion

• Members
  • 729 posts
well if you didnt allready know Stress the idea of the Counter-Monk is to reduce the anmount of contact the mob % to hit down to about 0%-10% thus very minimal healing needed to be involved. like I said tho, very hard to get due to the price of equipment needed.

does sound very fun and unique to me.

and we all know the hate issue would be resolved =)

Reply to this topic