Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Static Party Constructive Criticism (welcome Slayerrr)

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Wixavion

Wixavion

• Members
  • 729 posts
Ok, Heres our own spot for our rants and raves

Lay em down!

Ok... basically I didnt see much going wrong on our end except a few slips but nothing too bad.

most of it seemed to me to be just a few unfortunate turn of events.

Stress

Stress

If you're happy and you know it... kill yourself.

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
i honestly don't know how long i can tank... i take way too much dmg... another thing is multiple SC's are nice and all... but that's more hate i lose... really don't know how to solve these issues, just what i noticed... i've also got a problem w/ the team name... there, i said it... wtf is this 'liberation' stuff...? anyways... like i said, we'll have good days and bad days... yesturday sucked... outta curiousity, ya think mac is gonna close this down... not being 'ff' discussion...?

oh and the only actual thing i have to 'rant' about... some kind of recognition to someone saying something... you guys /blisted me while i was gone didn't you? even if you could care less what i said, just say ok so i can move... ok? :P

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts
1. Mac will close it. <_<

2. You guys suck. :P

Cacklebag III

Cacklebag III

• Members
  • 206 posts
LOL

Is our Static ever gonna start? =

Darkside

Darkside

drove through ghosts to get here...

• Members
  • 3,623 posts
Mabey, when doc gets back =

Wixavion

Wixavion

• Members
  • 729 posts
Ok Stress, thanks for the input..
1st..I don't know why Mac would want to close the topic since it DOES pertain to FF, and DOES pertain to the members of the Nightly Elite.
2nd.. I know you have a hard time with tanking Stress its not exactly one of the best jobs for a mithra, I'm not sure what our options would be other than finding someone who can to fill our 6th spot that can handle it. /shrug
3rd.. you dont like the name then lets change it. think of something different.
4th.. What are you talking about.. what this about people Blisting you???

emobi

emobi

• Members
  • 365 posts
Crapple asks about the static party in every thread.... i think he's hinting something.... shrug

stress, i wish i knew about this /blisting jazz. people /blist all the time like its cool. it makes no sense to me, but i dont remember anyone blisting you. hmmm

and why is mac gone?

Cacklebag III

Cacklebag III

• Members
  • 206 posts
= now youve confused me i dont know what im hinting at =

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts

Stress:
oh and the only actual thing i have to 'rant' about... some kind of recognition to someone saying something... you guys /blisted me while i was gone didn't you? even if you could care less what i said, just say ok so i can move... ok? :P

{English}...{Can I Have It?}...

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
Chapter 62: Dagg likes to make himself feel big

i was actually sittin thinking about it... and i'm not gonna take direct responsibility for any of sive's deaths... but, being tank and competing for hate and all... my biggest hate rival is sive :P ... this is where my fault lies: i soak up mp for cures...

Stress provokes
Stress uses Boost
Stress is hit for 80 damage
Sive casts Cure III
Stress uses Boost
Stress is hit for a critical of 146
Sive casts Cure IV
Sive is hit for 90
Stress provokes
Stress uses Boost
Stress is hit for 115
etc....
until one or both of us is dead....

i'm also aware of Reso helping w/ cures and such, but for the most part it's me and sive to go first... i'm not suggesting any changes to our red mages... maybe, from start to end of battle, sive and reso should split healing duties... to make less hate stick on one person... and that's one less thing for me to deal with as tank... i know it would be hard.. can't really go heal for heal... if any of you have suggestions....

lol.. and all i was saying wix is that for the most part when i was like "Hey let's move back, my ass is in the 'pop' zone" or some other constructive random comment... no one really acknowledged anything.. cept reso :P

we all know 75% of what i say while we pt is... uh... bs i guess... so it may be hard to catch the serious moments... not pissed or anything :D

but this are a few things... i'm sure i'll think of more stuff before mac gets back and closes this :P

Arithon

Arithon

• Members
  • 144 posts
u could always use nin as sub =P

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
and what?... save my self from 6 hits?

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• 11,652 posts
Nin sub is by far the best sub for a tank warrior. You save yourself of alot more hits then just 6. I would at least give a try before shunning it.

Cacklebag III

Cacklebag III

• Members
  • 206 posts
Nin sub is awsome.... Whm only lost about 70 mp in a fight.... that was mainly from healing others from AOE attacks .... lol

Sephi

Sephi

• 18,789 posts
If this is discussion about the Nightly Elite, then it would belong in the Nightly Elite Linkshell Discussion thread.

Saru

Saru

• Members
  • 474 posts
There's a good chance people would miss something like this in the LS discussion

>_> <_<

Sephi

Sephi

• 18,789 posts
I'm just saying what Mac would say. :/ I'd keep it open, personally.

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
ninja sub is far best for warrior at 74, not lvl 1, not lvl 52, and not lvl 73... personally at this lvl i don't care for it, since i would have to let the mages get hit to recast utsusemi... warriors have crap for evasion, so diversions are the only chance i got, that puts sive on the line (since she's my hate buddy), and that ain't gonna happen... so like i said, 6 free hits isn't worth it... and while we're on the subject... how exactly would i keep hate w/ ninja sub? honestly, how is it better? i'd like to hear an answer from ppl my lvl who tank, not hear-say...

/em awaits answer from post lvl 50 tank

Looking at possible warrior subs -
almost every single /ja from monk draws hate... subtle blow (not a ground breaking thing, since it's at half effectiveness) is nice, counter is a godsent... focus and dodge, again draw hate, but also are very good for tanking... extra HP is nice when yer gettin the snot kicked out of you

i will lvl sam for lvl 60 so i can pump out the breaks as often as possible...

thf does me no good as tank, more of a DD thing... :D

then there's ninja... again, IMO, useless til 74... yay warrior MB's puke ...

this pt is heavy melee based, i have lots of ppl to contend with for hate... i'm hoping that my af can help some of this in the future... but that'd be looking at things too optimistically for my taste... maybe if we get angel to work overtime on hate management aka "Pin the mob on Stress"... this means wix or oxe possibly co-tanking every minute... but anyways, it'd be nice to get comments from team members

Invisible Boy

Invisible Boy

• 7,003 posts
Well, ninja subs utsusemi is a given. That is 3 free hits every 30 seconds. And really, it's not that hard to recast. Once all your shadows are gone, hit defender and you'll be almost as good as a war/mnk with defense. Right as a mob is about to hit you, start casting Utsusemi (provoke first if its ready). If you get hit, it will be too early to interrupt, and if you get hit a second time, it will be too late to interrupt.

Then you can use ninjutsu to gain hate. The Dokumori and Kurayami are really useful here. Even if they don't land, they cause massive amounts of hate to be put on you.

Without nin sub, I highly doubt I could have gotten warrior up to level 44. I KNOW I wouldn't have been able to tank without the nin sub either.

This combo IS pretty expensive, especially when you are the tank. But IMO, it's hella fun and definitely worth it. You can ask Constable, Domie, and Viviv. :D

Sutekidane

Sutekidane

• Members
  • 2,005 posts
(Mac probably would lock this btw. It does belong in the ls discussion so we don't clutter the boards with FFXI topics. :P )

Stress was taking a lot of damage. He has good gear. Just goes with being a mithra I guess. I'm not the right person to ask anyway. I know next to nothing about being a tank (or melee for that matter; thf/rdm talking here :P ).

I think it was more of a combination of it being a bad night (lots of links) and us biting off more than we could chew. 200 xp is nice, but if you can chain a combined 200 faster than you can fight one for 200, it makes a difference in downtime. Its not worth getting 200 xp if the mages are running out of mp and the melee are going in red or dying, all in one fight. We gotta accept the fact that we are not a Japanese party. :P

At any rate, I'm gonna go back to RDM/WHM. Between curing, songs, and other buffs like haste, RDM/BRD is probably too much for me to keep up with. And the party would suffer for it. Ballad with refresh is nice, but I'm not sure if madrigal helped accuracy much. I'd probably be better off with more mp and more curing options (like divine seal + curaga). Then it would be easier for me to focus on other things, like haste. And that way Reso can go back to RDM/BLM if he wants.

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
what is y'alls party makeup again?

emobi

emobi

• Members
  • 365 posts

Otanku:
what is y'alls party makeup again?

laugh laugh

poor tank.

i dont think this is for the entire LS to see. just for the Liberal Team BOOYAWWWW.

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
From what I saw it was the same kinda situation that we were in in Quicksand caves that one time we had like 98237432 deaths in Static #1. The Anticans were too hard for us (i.e. drain a ton of MP trying to get enfeebs to stick, and silence for the Pally ones.) and the beetle were too low. Level 50-51 seems like a PIA to find a good leveling spot.

As for WAR/NIN My opinion is that it is good. It really is an interesting one to try and work, because as my NIN I count on me Parrying and Evading in order to get my shadows up a lot of the time. One of the toughest parts of Being a WAR/NIN or even a NIN/WAR pre-Utsu-Ni is that you have to balance trying to get shadows up and your getting/keeping hate doing the warrior thing. Sometimes it is so hard to get the shadows up due to double atking mobs, or a number of other things that you end up having less hate due to the fact that you are trying so hard to get shadows up, that you aren't hitting it. It is ok everyonce in awhile to let the monster run to a mage while you get a shadow up, but it does bounce aggro.

One of the things about hate is it is lessened towards a person the more that person is hit for by the mob. So if you are taking 150 dmg a hit you will lose hate a lot easier then getting hit for a steady 80-90 (PLD).

MNK really is a great tanking sub for a WAR, Boost is a great mini voke and you get 2 in the time of one Voke. So if you literally had time to boost every 15 and voke every 30 you should theoretically be able to hold hate no prob, especially w/ a thf tricking onto you. But sometimes it doesn't play out as the numbers would dictate.

From what I have noticed with our PT:
IMO you guys need a PLD and then let Wix and Stress go all out damage. But on that same note Domie seems to hold aggro pretty well, but Dubhe being trick buddy and damage dealer (Dubhe hits hard for the little package) pulls quite a bit of aggro. But our main aggro contender is Otanku. Sometimes people will drop to red and then a Cure IV gets tossed towards them and all the sudden the monster thinks Otanku is yummy. And of course as Otanku is getting beat on he is still trying to keep the PT and himself healed, which is bad because he is basically being a PLD at that moment. So in our case this is where there is a lot of teamwork needed. For example when Otanku gets hate from curing he should stop curing period, and I would take over curing him and the PT for a bit until Domie can get aggro again etc.

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
SP2, yo... i was with you til you mentioned domie...

did a bunch of reading last night and looked at a bunch of warrior forums. i found a few answers to some of my question, and brought up a few more questions :P from what i'm reading the general idea of the war/nin combo is nice, but hardly efficient. i see how i could make it work, but that involves money, money, money... agi and vit gear isn't so bad to find, so maybe i'd dodge more. but that still leaves the question of holding hate... this is where it got funny... at 50 you have dual wield II... funny huh? i understand the ninjustsu debuffs and such are there for a reason, not just for flashyness or functionality... some sources say ninja sub is great and some say it sucks til 74... so as it always is, it is down to personal taste. and guess where that leaves me :D
it comes down to this i guess: no ninja sub for me
/em slaps Arithon for trying to be funny

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
Um yes, I kinda jumped all over on that post..

Summary:
-Basically I was trying to say the team must help w/ aggro.
-50-60 is typically a rough time to hold aggro until you get full AF.
-WAR/NIN does rule, it just takes money and skills to do it. =p