Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy RPG

• Please log in to reply
2305 replies to this topic

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud looks back over his shoulder, watching the others in the background as he continues to move with Lucia, uncertain as to the where he was heading, simply, away it would seem, the best thing to do was get her out of there.

At her words, he turns to look at her, frowning a little as fumbles for a response, "Don't worry about that just now." he offers finally, tightening his arm in it's hold about her shoulders and a weak smile tried to be given before he lets it disappear "We'll just face it when it comes up Lucia, right now, lets just get you cleaned up and rested.."

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
Lucia nodded weakly. There was nothing else she could do at the moment... though a feeling of desolation had settled in on her, and she felt like she'd been utterly deserted by the Sky Lord. And she deserved it, too...

"The blood may come off of my hands, but it remains forever on my soul," the sk'kirrim said quietly.

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud casts a quick sidewards glance at Lucia as she speaks, coming to a halt in his slow walk and slipping from her side to stand in front of her "Lucia, all of us have blood on our souls, for different reasons no doubt," True, he was aware that circumstances were different between them all, but for now, it was all he could find to offer, slipping back towards her side and resuming moving them away from the group to find a spot to rest.

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
"Maybe Sador does, but I don't know about the rest of you..." Lucia returned. "I suppose Firehawk might feel that she's somehow responsible for the crap happening in Delfia, but... who else among us has murdered an ally?" She looked him straight in the eye. "Look... if you were in my position, you'd find it pretty bloody difficult to get over, too. At least, I hope you would."

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
"So... is it indeed true that Arden is returning?"

Nadine studied Prince Justinian carefully, nodding. "Very soon," she confirmed, offering the twelve-year-old boy a small smile.

"That is what I have been hearing for the past five years, though," Justinian returned. "There is a piece of wood near your left foot. Hand it to me."

Nadine did so, unsure what the Prince had in mind for it, but then she saw him walk over to a corner of his bedchamber with a measured stride and begin working it into something. Her eyes travelled up from the corner to the ceiling, following the lines of a sweeping arch of what most would have considered junk-- but Justinian had managed to turn it all into something that was oddly beautiful, even to Nadine's sk'kirrim sensibilities. (Which definitely did not include junk sculptures.)

"You are very strange, Your Highness," Nadine commented dryly. "But you are quite the artist... both you and your sister."

"I can scarcely draw a stick figure."

"That may be true, but this--" Nadine gestured to the sculpture-- "is nevertheless quite impressive. What is it?"

"If it is ever completed, maybe I shall know." The young Prince examined the piece of wood, shook his head, then began to climb carefully to the summit of the arch some fifteen feet up. His tutor always managed to catch him up there, and always he gave the Prince an earful. But Justinian never listened... then again, most artists didn't.

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
Bumpitty!

Hmph... we need to resize our avs... :eek

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((Poor Lucia... she's all suicidal and stuff... well, I have issues, too!!! laugh ))

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
CLoud nods his head to her words, listening to them, and watching her at the same time before he looks off into the distance "True. I probably wouldn't, but, If i were in that position, wouldn't you be there for me as well? It's not so much the act...what happened, happened...but did you do it deliberately, because you're bad? No. I don't believe that." He offers, drawing in a breath as his focus comes back to rest upon her own, "We'll work this out."

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
"There was a big part of me that didn't just want to stop at killing him; anyone else who'd come within range would also have been struck down, and quite deliberately," Lucia said coldly, as if suddenly the thought didn't bother her at all. Within moments she was back to her usual neurotic self, though.

"Work it out? That's a callous way of putting it..."

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud watches her still, taking in her reply and digesting it, frowning and shaking his head "And that's the part, we need to figure out then..." he says, trying his best to reassure her and understand at the same time but appearing to be failing. Then she speaks again and his brows furrow, confusion etching itself onto his features "What do you mean it's callous? I was just saying, that we'd work it out....figure out what happened....do something about it?"

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
"You don't seem to care that someone's dead because of my actions," Lucis stated flatly. She sighed with defeat. "I just... don't know anymore... I wish you could go on without me; find someone else to love... that would be the biggest favor you can do me..."

((Sheesh, Lucia's pathetic! laugh :rolleyes: ))

IronMan

IronMan

• Members
  • 86 posts
*walks in and feels uncomfortable...*
oh umm.....bad time???
*stammers and looks very uncomfortable, then acting as if he found what he was here for picks up a stick...*
thats where i put...it......ummm...bye?...

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
(errr.... oooookaaaaaaaayyyyyyy....))

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
Since this thing's dying, I might as well say the big spoiler now: Firehawk was the villain all along! MUWAHAHAHAHAH!!! And Lucia is actually some kind of ancient demon that was 'born' as a sk'kirrim...

APRIL FOOL'S!!!!!!!! devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
Bump.

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud shakes hishead once more, drawing in another of those breaths as he takes in her words and attempts to find the right answer for them, "I do care, i just don't believe you meant to do it, the you that i love." He points out, one hand moving to her shoulder to squeeze lightly, "And i'm not going anywhere, that's a favour i wont be doing."

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((I really need to go grab Thaman and Sarth... :P ))

Lucia's strength seemed to give out completely, and she sat down heavily in the shadow of one of the ruined buildings. She vaguely recognized it but couldn't remember exactly what it was... no matter, though. She had something even bigger to deal with now.

She managed a pale shadow of a smile at Cloud's statement. "If I did anything like that again, I suppose even I'd have a hard time killing you," she returned. "You meant it when you said you'd stick by me... most sk'kirrim men would've tried to kill me in return." She shook her head. "I'm starting to wonder..." Immediately she put a clamp on that thought, though; it was heresy. And sk'kirrim didn't much like heresy...

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
Wheee... bumpage...

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
((why don't you start over?))

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((I tried that, and it didn't take off... *goes to resurrect old topic*))

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud nods to her words, a softer smile appearing as he moves to her side and casts his gaze around the area, trying to decide where to go and what to do before the others return "yeah, i said it, and i meant it, I'm not the same as you no, or the other men like you, so my loyalities and the likes are different... but yeah. There's no way i'm going to kill you Lucia...we're in this, together, as much of a cliche as that may be..that's how it is." he looks at her then, catching those last spoken words, his brows arching upwards, but he doesn't press for answers or the likes, rather, he makes a motion with his head "Come on, lets set up camp somewhere.."

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((Speaking of camping, that's what I just came back from... yay spring break. And I have such EEEEEVIL stuff planned it's not even funny! :P ))

Lucia nodded. "I guess that would be the best thing..." she returned. "Just keep me away from the others. I couldn't look any of them in the eye after this..."

The three Mages were extremely quiet about their business, setting up the fallen Fighter's pyre with an efficiency that spoke of their desire to hurry up and get this grim task over with. Firehawk and Vivi were both on edge, and even Sador seemed a little nervous-- understandable, considering that Lucia had reserved her most virulent hatred for him.

There was something else bothering the Black Mage, though-- even for a fatal glaive wound, Tusken had lost far too much blood. He glanced over at Firehawk and saw that she was thinking along the same lines.

"There's almost no blood left in him..." the Red Mage said quietly.

Sador was ahead of her, though, and pointed to two deep puncture wounds at the join between Tusken's neck and his shoulders. "That does not look like anything Lucia could have done," he muttered, "but unfortunately we must bear the possibility in mind..."

Vivi looked outright horrified at the suggestion and parried with one of his own. "Maybe some kind of demon latched onto him, and Lucia tried to get it off him and ended up killing him instead?"

"I would that were so..." Firehawk whispered, "but Lucia is clearly not that clumsy. We know the killing blow was definitely hers, but still... there's those marks... very disquieting."

Sador looked up at the sky, grimacing slightly. "Night falls quickly," he warned. "Hand me that torch."

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((Bumpage.))

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud gave a nod in reply, casting his gave back the way they had come to locate where the others were, a slight frown forming upon his lips once more as he muses over this. Wasn't best that they stay apart all things considered, but, he knew and understood that she wouldn't want to be sitting around the campfire.

"Right.." he gets out finally, bringing his focus forward and scanning the area "Me and you'll set up somewhere, but we'll stay close to the others yet far enough away aswell so you don't have to see them, or hear them how's that? But if trouble rears it's head we'll be there..."

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((I have eeeeeevil plans for Lucia... devil Again.))

Lucia considered this for a few moments, then nodded reluctantly. Given her choice she'd be a continent away or preferably dead, but neither option was open to her. "Yes..." she said softly. "I guess the only thing we can do is keep going... when we get to the Capital, I need to find a temple..."

The three Mages stood back from the makeshift pyre, grim-faced. Vivi muttered a few benedictions, which Firehawk and Sador echoed, and consigned Tusken's soul to whatever afterlife awaited.

"We must keep going forward," Firehawk stated, and the others nodded agreement.