Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy RPG

• Please log in to reply
2305 replies to this topic

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((Woowee, got tops! Sarth, might wanna read the previous page, if ya show up. :) ))

((Well, got a PM back from Sarth... he should be back in shortly. I think it's gonna take Sador to actually talk some sense back into Lucia!)

Much to Vivi's relief, Cloud by his actions had at least managed to break Lucia's concentration long enough for her to release her stranglehold on Firehawk. The Red Mage dropped to her knees, coughing and spluttering for a few moments, before she shakily drew herself up and glanced over at Cloud and Lucia.

Wiseass quips were the furthest thing from her mind, though, as she studied the situation. Though she was no longer in immediate danger of death by strangulation, it seemed Lucia was still caught in this evil transformation of hers. Instead of replying to Cloud, the sk'kirrim merely glared balefully up at him. Nothing he said seemed to be getting through to her- even now she was threatening to slip out of Raven and Kokeshi's holds.

"What are we going to do with her?" Vivi whispered.

"I am not judge, jury and executioner, nor would I wish to be," Firehawk said quietly, her voice still somewhat hoarse from having been choked. "At any rate, it looks like we're stuck here for the night... or at least until Lucia snaps out of it."

That was looking less and less likely, it seemed. Kokeshi and Raven couldn't keep a grip on the crazed sk'kirrim forever, though, so the situation called for harsher measures. Firehawk didn't know what, though, short of trussing Lucia up and securing her to a tree or something.

Maybe Sador would have a better idea of what to do... so she asked him.

"Sador... you probably have a better idea than any of us about what is going on with her. I doubt she's possessed, but..." She threw up her hands in frustration. "What do we do with her?"

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud didn't release his hold upon Lucia, he heard the others speaking, though locked himself into that glare that was been given to him. He could handle a stare/glare down if it kept her focus off of trying to take out the others for the moment.

He didn't stop in his words though, his grip firm, tight and strong as he shakes her again, his words still carrying that harsh note to them "Lucia....sgtop this...damn it...snap out of it..." even as he spoke he was aware of what the others were saying, the constant struggle for the bard and kokeshi to hold her still, but he kept his focus upon the girl, hoping to atleast have it on him, whatever it was she might deal out.

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
Firehawk continued to watch Cloud and Lucia closely, not really doing anything for fear of exacerbating the situation. It seemed the two were locked into a stalemate, though; for all her attempts, Lucia couldn't quite break his grip, and the Thief in turn was unable to get through to her.

After a few minutes, it seemed that Lucia was on the verge of breaking down, but something kept her from meeting reality just yet...

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((Bumpitty. The heck is up with Nightly, anyway? It's been malfunctioning a lot!))

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts
(they have moved to a new server and are still trying to get the kinks out of the system yes )

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((I figured as much... meh. And now for a look inside Lucia's incredibly messed up mind!))

Lucia saw everything through a thick haze, almost as if she were trapped beneath the surface of reality... almost as if she were drowning in her own sorrow and rage. At the same time it seemed as if she were outside of herself, watching everything: the battle, her rapid spiral into insanity... Tusken's death, and the near-death of Firehawk, both by her hands. She was barely conscious of Raven and Kokeshi flanking her, effectively pinning her between them, and she had a hazy image of Cloud in front of her, also holding onto her, trying to speak to her but she couldn't hear him...

Too much longer like this, and the small part of Lucia that was still sane knew that she would be lost forever...

In many ways, Firehawk was quite aware of the sk'kirrim girl's struggle. Though she'd stopped her fighting physically, her mental battle was only just starting.

"Sador..." Firehawk murmured, leaning in close to the Black Mage. "I think she needs your help... I can see that she's trying to return to reality, but something's keeping her from doing it. I could try, but I'd muck it all up..."

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((Errr... where IS everyone??? :confused: ))

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
(sorry got a full time job and just started, hadn't had a chance to come on since server issues|)

Cloud kept his hold upon Lucia, there was little else he could do and there was no chance that he would release her or break the stare he had upon her.

"Well, will someone do something?" He mutters, his grip tightening upon Lucia and shaking her in hopes that it might do atleast something for the girl "Come on Lucia....snap out of it...." His voice dropping before he listens to the others around him, gritting his teeth but not breaking eye contact "Damn it, somebody!"

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((Ah, whatever. Even after Lucia snaps out of it she's still gonna be pretty tweaked out as she realizes exactly what happened... devil Then it might take a little convincing on everyone's part to keep her from losing it all over again. :P ))

Lucia's eyes focused on Cloud momentarily as she managed to fight her way back to reality for the briefest of moments. "Cloud..." she whispered, her voice trembling with fear. "What... what-"

And then she was gone again, pulled back underneath the flood.

((Yes, I'm evil. devil ))

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud's eyes grow slightly wider as his name is barely caught on the wind, his focus so intent on Lucia that he was able to hear his name. His grip loosens only slightly, his words coming out louder "Lucia!?" though barely a second later his voice drops, his words quiet "LUcia.....come on, smap out of it...."

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((Waiting for Sarth... blerf.))

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
((Lets Shake our fists at him!))

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((Ain't working... bleah.))

Lucia was utterly silent, her eyes swirling with pain as she contemplated the chaos around her. A horrid recognition had finally set in, along with a crushing knowledge of her sin.

"I... I killed him..."

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
Just to see if anyone's paying attention- howzabout a piccie?

Posted Image

I kept screwing up on Cloud's face, so he ended up a freakin' Ninja... laugh Cid looks HORRIBLE, though... EEEEEW!

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
At the sound of her voice Cloud lifts his head, peering at Lucia for a long moment, a part of him wanting to turn and look away, to find what she was referring to, to understand perhaps on some level. Yet he doesn't break from his gaze, his hand tightening in it's hold upon her shoulder in a light squeeze while the other remains as a support and a restraint

"It...wasn't your fault." he gets out, having no true idea what had occured but knowing that i was best to try and talk her back to reality,

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
Cloud's words reached Lucia just fine, but they had no effect upon her other than making her even more upset. He clearly didn't understand what had just happened... she'd completely and utterly lost her mind, just as she'd feared would happen, and had ended up killing Tusken.

"Not my fault?" she said softly. "That... that was no demon acting, though, as it was with Sador... that was me..." She studied her blood-stained hands, heavy with the smell of human and demonic blood.

**You always knew you were some kind of monster, Lucia... you deserve to die for this.**

((And yeppers, that's Lucia in my new av! Finally got somewhere to stick my av pics!)

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
What could he say? Cloud had no idea, he didn't know what had transpired exactly, all he knew was what was before him. "It's not your fault Lucia.." is all he finds to say to her, the same thing, anything that he hoped might calm and draw her out further, back to reality as opposed to falling into the dakr again. "Something must of happened," yes, that sounded convincing in his mind, something must of happend to cause this.

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
Lucia stared up at Cloud; his words, his lies only served to wound her even further. "You know that's a lie," she murmured. "Whatever happened... that was part of me coming out. I feared that it would happen, but it did anyway..." She stared at the ground, then, as if she suddenly couldn't meet Cloud's gaze. "According to both Delfian law and the laws of the sk'kirrim, I should die for what I did..."

As the Crown Princess of Delfia, Firehawk felt moved to speak. "That law shall not be carried out as long as I have anything to say about it," she stated flatly.

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud shakes his head, peering at her, then briefly around, hardly a glance before his focus was back on her "It's not a lie, i don't know what it is, or what happened, but i know it's not you."

He hears her following words, already shaking his head and tightening his grip, even if she wouldn't look at him, opening his mouth to respond before Firehawk does instead. Turning, he looks at her, nodding before he turns his focus back towards Lucia again, "Come on, we should, get you rested first.."

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
Lucia stared back up at Cloud, her gaze suddenly intense. "It is, though," she retorted. "I know it is, but I can't put it into words..." She turned to look at Tusken's body, intense self-revulsion shooting through her. "We can't just leave him like that," she muttered.

Firehawk nodded soberly. "No, we can't," she agreed. "Don't worry about it, though... you've enough concerns as it is. I'll take care of it."

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
Holding her gaze, Cloud stares back with a mimicked intensity at Lucia's words, his brows furrowing slightly "If you can't even put it into words..." He begins, prepared to argue but knowing now wasn't the time, Firehawks interjection clearly welcome. "Right." he says and looks back at Lucia "come on, lets just, get you away?"

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
Firehawk, Vivi and Raven began to attend to the grim details of Tusken's final resting place while Cloud and Lucia retired.

"You know we can't bury him," Vivi remarked. "We're on desecrated ground... anything buried here will probably rise as a zombie or something."

Sador concurred. "He's absolutely correct," the Black Mage put in, though he gave little indication of what he thought of the whole situation. "I'm afraid we'll have to cremate him."

One of the Mages probably would've made a wiseass remark about not wanting to roast marshmallows over this fire, but the mood was too heavy. Nobody felt like laughing or smiling.

"Whatever's out there sure has a funny way of making people understand each other," Sador remarked, his tone indicating that he really didn't think it funny at all.

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
Lucia, in the meantime, headed off with Cloud. She leaned heavily on his shoulder, seeming to lack either the strength or the will to stand up of her own accord, and said very little. Her spirit had been utterly shattered.

"I just want to die..." she said brokenly.

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud watches Firehawk and the others for a moment, even looking back over his shoulder as he moves to guide Lucia away from the scene. Keeping his arm tight around her, lending her his strength as they walk so that he was all but carying her, or dragging her along.

At her words though, he turns his head to look down at her and frowns, shaking his head "Don't say that." he offers quietly, "We'll, get through this ok?"

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
((I've just discovered that hazelnut creamer and chai tea go excellently together... :D ))

Lucia wasn't exactly reassured. Though Cloud had been able to buoy her spirits before with his words, she hadn't killed anyone those times...

"What about the others?" she whispered. "What will they think? They'll never accept me again..." Her eyes widened slightly as she realized something. This must've been how Sador had felt after the demon thing...