Jump to content

Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy RPG


  • Please log in to reply
2305 replies to this topic

#51
Whitesaber

Whitesaber

    Member

  • Members
  • 281 posts
*knocks out a monk out that was heading for Kokeshi with a heavy blow from his mage staff, then pauses to cast a quick healing spell on her wounds. barely finishing, he shouts as more close in*

"C'MON! There's too many to fight - RUN"

*runs hard until he reaches a clearing where the others wait*

#52
Cloud

Cloud

    Sleeping Lion

  • Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud watched as Macstorm vanished from sight then returned, one less monk attacking.

'Nice trick' he smiled then spun his dagger around in his hand before rushing in for another attack, and another nice acquiring of an item of some kind of liquid in a bottle. It came easy for him, move in, attack with one hand and use the other to steal, his father would be proud.

With another monk out of the way he heard Whitesabre telling them to run.

::That's all we seem to be doing, i'm staying here till the pickings are slim::

#53
Kokeshi_Doll769

Kokeshi_Doll769

    oh hey i didn't see you there

  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
Kokeshi quickly straddled the fallen and unconscious monk, took his head in her hands, and twisted until she heard the telltale crunch. She stood, brushing off her hands.

"The aim is to kill, not delay," she hissed at the mage.

She unsheathed her dirk again and drove it up through the diaphragm of a charging monk, stopping him short. He had enough time to get out a grunt before Kokeshi yanked the dirk out of his chest and slashed him quickly across the throat. His grunt promptly turned to a gurgle as he fell over backwards, spattering Kokeshi with hot blood.

"Great! I'm clean for an hour or two, and then it's back to being princess of filth!"

#54
Whitesaber

Whitesaber

    Member

  • Members
  • 281 posts
*shouts over his shoulder*

"By killing you delay YOURSELF...."

#55
Kokeshi_Doll769

Kokeshi_Doll769

    oh hey i didn't see you there

  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
Kokeshi heard the mage's shout and rolled her eyes. She evaded a monk's thrust and drove her elbow into his spine as he dove past her, startled. She turned and stepped on the back of his head, grinding his face in the dirt, and suffocating him. After a few moments of struggling, he lie still, and Kokeshi drove the handle of her dirk into the base of the monk's skull, to ensure his death...sure enough he let out a grunt, letting her know that he'd only been playing dead. She felt for a pulse...found none. She grinned and pushed her tangled hair out of her face.

"Anybody else want some?"

Her answer was a searing pain across her shoulders. Kokeshi let out a startled cry and stumbled forward onto her knees. The burning pain continued in criss-cross fashion down her back and Kokeshi yelled in rage and hurt. But the attack had caught her by surprise, and it took her a moment to gather her wits and her strength, before she managed to roll over onto her back and kick out with both feet, catching the attacking monk on his shoulder and spinning him away. She fumbled in the dirt for her dirk; found it; and threw it. It caught the mage right between the eyes and he fell over, instantly dead. Kokeshi rolled painfully back over onto her stomach and rose onto her knees and then feet, gritting her teeth.

"Damn those *******s!! Aren't monks supposed to be peaceful!?"

#56
The B Man

The B Man

    King of Wishful Thinking

  • Members
  • 6,364 posts
The better part of valor is knowing when to fight and when to run. Now is one of those times.

*Runs to the clearing where the others are*

There is know way we can fight them all at this time. We need to take a stand somewhere and gorrilla warfare is not going to work with their numbers to ours. We should move back to back and hold our position as long as we can..

#57
Cloud

Cloud

    Sleeping Lion

  • Members
  • 16,720 posts
Leaping away, another monk fell to his knees, lifeless and pennieless as Cloud twirled his dagger around in hand and added to his collection, filling up the pouch dangling from his waist.

::This is more like it::

he spun around as yet another monk attacked, he moved in with a knife and Cloud leapt out of the way, diverting the attack and striking the monk across the back head with the hilt of his dagger. The monk stumbled forward and Cloud turned, Whitesabre had left the fight but the girl Kokeshi fought on still, a selection of nasty wounds lining her body.

::Rough stuff::

Cloud growled as something grazed his arm, an arrow, he spun around to find the source but only saw more monks. He'd never seen so many robed men before in his life and smiled.

::Taking a time out::

He leapt over the body of a fallen monk and headed for the nearest tree, scaling it quickly and crouching on a branch, watching from amongst a shroud of leaves as the fight continued.

#58
Whitesaber

Whitesaber

    Member

  • Members
  • 281 posts
*catches his breath in the clearing with the others, then looks around, noticing Kokeshi isn't there*

::fool, she's going to get herself killed::

*braces himself with the others as their attackers draw nearer*

#59
The B Man

The B Man

    King of Wishful Thinking

  • Members
  • 6,364 posts
Cloud there is to many of them, you can't fight them all off yourself. We need to work together to stop them, this is as good a time as any to start the team effort!!

#60
Cloud

Cloud

    Sleeping Lion

  • Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud smiled and swung down from his tree branch to land beside Bell and Whitesabre.

'Team work, fine, but i don't share my findings.'

#61
The B Man

The B Man

    King of Wishful Thinking

  • Members
  • 6,364 posts
As long as we get the job at hand done I have no problems giving you every meaningless thing I find on the ground. The true path to enlightenment does not hold material things.

#62
Vivi

Vivi

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,515 posts
As Vivi raced across the field he came stumbled upon Kokeshi fighting for her life. With exceptional skill, she threw some sort of weapon between the eyes of her attacker killing him instantaneously.

::The skills of my allies are remarkable indeed, it amazes me they will only get stronger::

Sensing the searing pain that has gashed Kokeshi's shoulders, Vivi attempts to concentrate as scared and nervous as he was. He only gets to heal a small portion as he had to break concentration as a monk stood in front of him swinging for his head...he ducked.

::I hope I have at least attended to some of her pain::

#63
Cloud

Cloud

    Sleeping Lion

  • Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud crouched down and looked up at Bell,

'Fair enough, i think we'll get along just fine since we understand each other.'

He returned his attention to the attacking monks and spotted the little mage Vivi ducking and attack.

'We should get back out there, Vivi and Kokeshi are still fighting, they might not be my friends, but they're our companions...'

Clenching his dagger between his fingers Cloud looked at Whitesabre and then Bell

'Any ideas? If not, i'm just going straight out there, i can handle myself, its what i do.'

#64
Whitesaber

Whitesaber

    Member

  • Members
  • 281 posts
*nods to Cloud*

"You're right, they'll never get here soon enough, we must go help them."

"Plans? Uh - I'd say let's just stay close? There's strength in numbers..."

#65
The B Man

The B Man

    King of Wishful Thinking

  • Members
  • 6,364 posts
We need Mac here, maybe if he were here we could use some spell to get them here with us. Otherwise I don't have any ideas, they do need our help though. I am willing to fight to save the lives of our companions. Cloud if you want to go it alone, have fun. Whitesabre I think we should stick together and use eachother to our advantage, if we fight as one we will be that much more powerful. You know what I mean

#66
Macstorm

Macstorm

    Whipped

  • Members
  • 17,338 posts
*Cast a spell of protection over those not able to effectivly defend themselves. Disappears again, much to Cloud's dismay. As if Bell's wish had been heard, all the monks appeared in the middle of the clearing...in the middle of the companions*

"Now! Attack!!!"

*Mac charges in wielding his cane much like a warrior, not becoming of his red robes*

#67
Vivi

Vivi

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,515 posts
After dodging the monks attack, Vivi gains all the strength he is capable of to deliver a solid blow to his attacker. He brought his Staff back, and swings...at thin air. Vivi just sits there and blinks.

::WTF?::

He turns around to see the monks he was battling appearing suddenely in front of Mac, Cloud, Bell, and Whitesaber. He allows a brief smile.

::Hmmm...this doesn't seem so bad after all::

He runs to his companions hoping to do what he can and join the attack.

#68
Whitesaber

Whitesaber

    Member

  • Members
  • 281 posts
*quick wry grin to Bell*

::I don't think that's quite what he meant, but this works too::

*charges in following Mac's example, staff thrust out as he casts a simple fireball spell at the enemy*

#69
Macstorm

Macstorm

    Whipped

  • Members
  • 17,338 posts
*Befuzzled*

"Damn teleport spell has never worked right. Might as well make the best of it though."

*Cuts down a few more monks with his cane.*

#70
The B Man

The B Man

    King of Wishful Thinking

  • Members
  • 6,364 posts
Cloud, this shall be your first lesson in the ways of the enlightened...

*walks out into the middle of the battle feild*

The true way to fight is to let your opponent come to you. You will always have the upperhand...

*As he speaks his jargon he uses his staff to stop each attacking monk*

If you become one with your weapon you will also have a greater strength than that of your enemies. They may have a bigger stronger weapon than you but you will always have the upper hand.

*Drops three more monks and he preaches and sits in the middle of the battle ground*

Lastly if you truely know your strengths you can stop any attack on you. You should never be the aggressor. For if you are truely strong then you do not need to charge someone...

*Uses his staff to stop all comers except the one at his back*

#71
Kokeshi_Doll769

Kokeshi_Doll769

    oh hey i didn't see you there

  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
ACK!! DARNED INTERNET FRIZTED ON ME!! RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A GOOD POST!!! Gaaaaah!!

IC:

Kokeshi was fading as fast as the monks were closing in. She knew she had to make it to the clearing, or she would be killed. Letting out a blood curdling animalistic scream, she pushed herself into running, pushing through and past the monks that had started to encircle her. She felt and heard the arrows whizzing past, and one caught her in the shoulder, yanking it forward and throwing off her step. She stumbled, fell, rolled, and was back on her feet and running again. The wound in her shoulder was throbbing painfully; Kokeshi suspected it had been a poisoned one. She ran harder, pushing every last ounce of her fading stamina into it. She was only yards away...now feet...now inches...and then she was in the clearing. She skidded to a halt, wrapping herself around a nearby tree in an attempt to keep herself upright. Reaching around and back, she broke the long shaft of the arrow with a quick twist of her wrist. Then she grit her teeth and yanked...hard...the arrow was deep, but after a few hard tugs it came back out, ripping as it went. Kokeshi could not hold back the anguished cry that tore from her, but she cut it short, biting her tongue so hard she drew blood. The monks were pouring into the clearing...her help was needed...but her vision was slowly turning black...

#72
Kokeshi_Doll769

Kokeshi_Doll769

    oh hey i didn't see you there

  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
Dimly, she saw a monk heading for B Man, coming up from behind. The Mage obviously didn't know. Summoning her last ounce of strength, Kokeshi brought her elbow down hard at the base of the monk's skull, crunching his spine like an accordian. Then her conscious gave way and she crumpled to the ground.

#73
The B Man

The B Man

    King of Wishful Thinking

  • Members
  • 6,364 posts
as Kokeshi was falling to the ground Bell just grabbed her before she could hit the ground. Being the peaceful person he was he took her away from the battle to help her nurse her wounds. He tossed her over his shoulder and ran to the nearest tree climbing her to the branches away from harms way.

#74
Whitesaber

Whitesaber

    Member

  • Members
  • 281 posts
*hearing a cry he turns to see Kokeshi slump against a tree, her clothes dark and slick with blood*

"Kokeshi..."

*dodging monks he makes his way to the tree and hurriedly puts up a small shield around them to protect from more arrows. Wincing at the nasty wounds, he decides it's better that she be awake now than healed, so he does his best to bring her back to consciousness*

*quietly, urgently* "C'mon, we need every fighter we have...."

#75
Kokeshi_Doll769

Kokeshi_Doll769

    oh hey i didn't see you there

  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
(Hey B Man...she has a thing about being healed by other ppl...so word to the wise: don't try. I guess just try to revive her/make her comfortable.)