Jump to content

Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy RPG


2305 replies to this topic

#26
Macstorm

Macstorm

    Whipped

  • Members
  • 17,338 posts
"This time of year you should be glad that you landed in the hot springs, not the lake."

*eyes all present*

"Gather up your companions for tonight's meal. It may be your last good one for a while."

#27
Cloud

Cloud

    Sleeping Lion

  • Members
  • 16,720 posts
"Still nothing..."

Cloud silently slips away from the tree and finds his way back to the pathway that leads to the monestary, he backtracks and emerges at the hotsprings. Macstrom was heading toward him while in one of the springs sat Vivi, the little mage and Kokeshi, along with another Mage whom hadn't been there when Cloud had arrived at the monestry, he stood at the edge of the spring wringing out his robes.

::hmm... wonder what a mage would have on him...if i don't get my hands on something soon, i'm gonna go insane...::

#28
TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

    decommissioned

  • Member
  • 32,568 posts
: wakes up from passing out :

Wow. It seems I was a little more tired then I had thought.

: looks at table and notices a package of Sleep-All-Day sitting next to his coffee :

Interesting...

#29
Vivi

Vivi

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,515 posts
As Whitesaber apparently appeared out of thin air, Vivi jumped back a bit seemingly impressed...that is, until he landed in a hot spring. Vivi allowed a smirk to come across his face as he watched the bewildered stranger shake the water from his clothes.

::Without a doubt we all have much learning to do, as well as learn from eachother during our time together::

He caught a glimpse of a figure out of the corner of his eye and saw that it was Cloud...the one who had been hiding behind a tree. He had a curious expression on his face, not really looking specifically at a person, but almost as if looking at their belongings. And so Vivi took a deep breath and tried to look as confident as he could muster.

#30
Haplo

Haplo

    Member

  • Members
  • 26 posts
[Trian follows TR back up the mountain]

That was easier then i thought.

[tucks a hand full of gold into his pocket and searches for something else]

where the hell is my sleep all day???

#31
TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

    decommissioned

  • Member
  • 32,568 posts
: gets to top of mountain :

Hey, I wonder where that gold is that I found and was going to return to that ederly lady? :( Oh well.

#32
Cloud

Cloud

    Sleeping Lion

  • Members
  • 16,720 posts
Smiling, Cloud slowly began to wander over to the small group, aiming for the white mage who seemed to be more wary of Clouds approach then any of the others,

'Hey there'

Cloud stopped by the black mage and put a hand on his shoulder.

::is he scared of me?::

#33
Vivi

Vivi

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,515 posts
As Cloud's hand was placed on Vivi's shoulder, a jolt of nervousness shot through his body like a lightning bolt.

::Why am I always the first person to get noticed?::

Vivi looks up and gazes into the Thief's eyes.

::Hmm...not so menacing up close. Damn I always overreact to the barest of things::

"Hello Cloud. I apologize if I had been staring at you suspiciously, I tend to gaze at all of my surroundings trying to take it everything in at once. By the way, you may call me Vivi."

::Whew...not so bad::

#34
The B Man

The B Man

    King of Wishful Thinking

  • Members
  • 6,364 posts
*Walks out from behind some trees to see a congragation of people*

That was a long meditation. I needed it though I feel so refreshed. So what is for dinner everyone? I was the head cook at my Monestary. I think I cooked some good tasting stuff. I blieve one way to find happiness it to eat well. When one eats well they are more coherent and not grumpy because they have a full stomack. So what is for dinner...

#35
Macstorm

Macstorm

    Whipped

  • Members
  • 17,338 posts
*Macstorm arrives at the dinner table surrounded by all of the companions*

“Please be seated. I know that all of you are wondering what we are doing here. Well after I tell you that wonderment might just change to fear.”

*Sits down with the rest of the companions*

“A year ago, we first began hearing rumors of a dark force gathering. We sent out scouts immediately. They all returned telling the same story, ‘There is a dark force out there. We can feel it, but it is no where to be seen.’ This disturbed us more than the thought of an entire army preparing to attack. We sent word to the leaders of every country to be weary of anything that seemed…out of the ordinary. After six months we started losing contact with country after country in the East. We sent out our scouts again. This time they did not return. Eltic the Paladin, Kia the Summoner, Linina the Sniper, and myself went out to the East to investigate ourselves. Linina and I were the only ones to make it back. The cities seemed normal enough, but after awhile the citizens turned on us. They drove us out like witches, and we lost track of Eltic and Kia in the process. I received this for the trouble.”

*Mac pulls back the robe from his left shoulder to reveal a dark scar in the shape of a triangle*

“The country had lost its mind. They were normal looking enough, but they held a darkness unknown to any of us. It is up to us to discover the source of the darkness and do whatever we can to stop it from spreading. Tonight under the cover of darkness we will head East to the town of Nin. It will be the first stop on…”

*his works were cut off short by the sounds of knives whizzing from above and onto the table*

“What the???”

*The monks of the monestary had begun attacking the companions*

“Run!!!!! To the East. To Nin.”

#36
Vivi

Vivi

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,515 posts
"Huh?"

Vivi to looks to his left and sees his companions beginning to exit headed off by Macstorm. It appears the monks are attacking his companions.

::What is going on?::

Vivi turns to Cloud and says "We must continue this discussion later."

He bolts toward Mac fumbling through the chaos fearing for his life. He lets a thought enter his mind for a split second and continues to run.

::Father, I know you are looking over me::

#37
Cloud

Cloud

    Sleeping Lion

  • Members
  • 16,720 posts
Watching his companions flee Cloud paused to try and see what was happening, a knife whizzed past his ear and he dived to the right.

::Shouldn't we fight back?::

Getting to his feet Cloud saw the backs of Vivi and Macstorm heading for the nearest exit. Another knife thunked against the ground beside him.

::Guess not...::

Cloud quickly found his footing and began to run, swiping a piece of food off the table as he went. He was hungry and didn't know what was going to happen nesxt, but whatever it was, he didn't want to face it on an empty stomach. As shouting erupted from behind him he caught up to Vivi and stayed in stride slightly behind him.

::Should of stayed home:

#38
Haplo

Haplo

    Member

  • Members
  • 26 posts
[gets hit by a knife in the leg]

Damn!!

[does some quick healing magic but is drained]

Someone help me

#39
Cloud

Cloud

    Sleeping Lion

  • Members
  • 16,720 posts
Hearing the call for help CLoud skidded to a stop and looked around, it seemed noone else was willing to backtrack.

::Damn it, this isn't my job::

Turning Cloud ran toward to call, ducking and weaving the flying knives and hoping that the monks would come to ground level, it was the only way he would be able to fight them. A knife flew past his shoulder, tearing the cloth that covered it but missing the skin as he stopped by Trian's side and knelt down.

"Come on, get on my back, we haven't got time to waste"

#40
Vivi

Vivi

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,515 posts
::Did someone shout something? No time to think...this seems to get worse by the minute::

Continuing to run, Vivi risks a glimpse behind and sees Cloud carrying a wounded Trian on his back. A knife skims through his robe causing him to run faster, trying to keep up with Mac.

"Mac! We won't last here much longer with the monks playing target practice on us. How much longer till we get to our destination?"

#41
Kokeshi_Doll769

Kokeshi_Doll769

    oh hey i didn't see you there

  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
ooc: aieee! too much too much!! laugh

IC:
(backpedaling a bit...)

Kokeshi hardly liked the way that Mac kept pushing for an answer. And yet she knew he was right. Trailing somewhat behind the company as they headed to dinner, she let out a deep sigh. She kept her silence all through the dinner, until the monks began to attack them...Kokeshi let out a yelp of surprise as an arrow grazed her cheek, drawing blood. The place promptly erupted into chaos. Kokeshi dropped to one knee, ducking beneath the table, and drew her dirk from out of her boot. Gritting her teeth, she peered over the edge of the table, only to come eye-to-eye with an outraged monk. He had a wickedly jagged knife, and at the sight of her surfacing he grinned and raised his arm. With a burst of adrenaline-fueled strength, Kokeshi shoved the table and the monk away from her, causing it to topple over backwards. The monk gave a startled and frustrated cry, flailing as he tried to right himself. Kokeshi strode quickly around the table and pinned the monk in one neat movement: her feet bore her full weight as she stood on the prone monk's shoulders. While it was effective, Kokeshi was well aware that she was still within his reach...as she was painfully reminded when he reached up and slashed her thigh deeply. Biting back a yelp of pain, she brought her right foot across the monk's face, probably breaking his nose, but knocking him unconscious and giving her a chance to escape without further harm. She glanced around quickly; most of the others had fled already, and most of the monks had taken off either in pursuit or in satisfaction that they'd scared the company off for good. Kokeshi heard a grunt behind her and whirled, knife up and ready...but it was only the clumsy mage that had appeared out of nowhere to join their little pool party.

"Hey! You! Didn't you hear Mac!? He told you to get the hell out, so I suggest you do so!"

Kokeshi re-sheathed the knife in a fluid movement, bent to check the monk's pulse, and then started out of the place, hoping the mage would follow...

#42
Macstorm

Macstorm

    Whipped

  • Members
  • 17,338 posts
"We need just to get to the town of Nin. I forget how new you all are to battle. Stand back."

*Mac stops and waits for Cloud and Train to catch up then begins mumbling and waving a small wooden cane. Flames shot from his hands taking out three monks preparing to attack*

"That should give us a little breathing room. Let's go."

#43
Haplo

Haplo

    Member

  • Members
  • 26 posts
[bangs on cloud]
i'm ok now. Let me help.
[casts a speel on kokeshi to heal the wound]
There you go that should help.
[keeps running]

#44
Kokeshi_Doll769

Kokeshi_Doll769

    oh hey i didn't see you there

  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
Haplo cast a quick and kind of messy spell on Kokeshi to heal her wound...which it did...kind of. The pain still burned up and down her entire leg, but she knew she had to keep going. Gritting her teeth, she started to run...

#45
Whitesaber

Whitesaber

    Member

  • Members
  • 281 posts
*To Kokeshi*

"Let's go then - I'm not the one fighting monks!"

*Darts past Kokeshi with a little shove, ducking out of the room as monks behind explode in flame*

*Runs along to catch the others, but glances back and notices Kokeshi's hurt, and slows a little to be sure she can keep up*

#46
The B Man

The B Man

    King of Wishful Thinking

  • Members
  • 6,364 posts
Courage is not the way of the brave but the only way a person can truly conquer their fears. I am sorry I am late my companions.

*Pulls a long wooden staff out for defense*

I refuse to kill my fellow man but I will stop them from trying to kill me....

#47
Kokeshi_Doll769

Kokeshi_Doll769

    oh hey i didn't see you there

  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
Kokeshi skidded to a halt when she noticed the others weren't following. Were they all mad!?

"What the hell is going on here!? Mac says run, you RUN!"

#48
Cloud

Cloud

    Sleeping Lion

  • Members
  • 16,720 posts
Cloud jogged along beside his companions, looking back over his shoulder every now and then as they began to leave the monestry behind, but not the monks.

::Persistant...::

Cloud pulled out his dagger and turned, he was fast, it was part of his upbringing in the guild to be able to move in and out quickly, it was usually a trait used for just stealing, but it worked in fighting aswell. He had nothing to lose, just live moment to moment and that was what he was going to do. He spun around and weaved toward the nearest monk, jumping in to attack then moving out, a small pouch of money now in his possession and one less monk on their tail.

#49
Kokeshi_Doll769

Kokeshi_Doll769

    oh hey i didn't see you there

  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
Kokeshi watched Cloud pick off a monk here and there, and briefly wondered if these freaks ever gave up...one caught up with her and had a knife to her throat before she could think. Fortunately, he was behind her and as she felt him tense she elbowed him hard in the solar plexis, twisting away from the knife at the same time so that when the monk brought it back it would not meet her throat. The monk was on his knees, doubled over with pain and lack of oxygen. She brought her knee up under the monks face, flipping him onto his back and snapping his neck in the process. She got an odd look from the hot-springs-mage, and half-snarled back.

"What? It was only humane to put the man out of his obvious misery..."

#50
Macstorm

Macstorm

    Whipped

  • Members
  • 17,338 posts
*slowing his run the red robe called the companions to a halt in a small clearing*

"They have not stopped, and all of us will be winded far quicker than they will. We will make our stand here."

*Macstorm vanished in a flash and reappeared in front of two distant monks. It appeared to those that could see him from this distance that he cut the monks down with his cane... He then reappeared with the companions as quick as he had left.*



Reply to this topic