Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy RPG

2305 replies to this topic

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
It was early autumn and the trees around the monastery told the story. The few leaves that had not already fallen to the ground were orange and red. In the distance the monks, could finally see the travelers for whom they had been waiting. Bell, Quiji, and Zero had been waiting since two weeks ago when their training had been cut short by the summons to meet here. The Roland monastery was located right in the middle of the continent of Stonshine. The ancient place was located on top of the highest mountain in the area. The monks of old must have had a difficult time making this place and the current monks must have had as difficult a time keeping it up. The companions had just entered into the main gate. Scroch, Tusken, and Kokeshi had made the long trip from the training camp of Dieron in the North. They were accompanied by Cloud, the newest member of the Dieron Thief Guild. They entered the town and were gladly greeted by the monks. They discussed the trip and took bets on when the mages would arrive from the Towers of Ballistare in the Southwest. Mages were always late. Just as the new companions were getting restless, a large puff of smoke arose and five people robed in white, black, and red robes appeared. Vivi the White Mage, Solo of the Black, Rori the Red Mage, and Trian of the White stared around at their new surroundings as amazed as those they had just appeared in the middle of. The monks, fighters, mages, and thief stood in a confused silence until a middle-aged, red robed magician stepped forward and introduced himself as Macstorm. All in attendance could have sworn that they had heard that name before the calling, but none could recall where. Mac then continued by introducing all of the companions to each other as he known them all his life or at least all of theirs. Once he had calmed everyone down, he told them to get some rest and get to know each other. The adventuring, though urgent, could wait until the morning.

The companions headed off to the sleep chambers led by the Red Robed magicianů

The B Man

The B Man

King of Wishful Thinking

• Members
  • 6,364 posts
Good Sir, what might we be expecting on this long and strange journey? I have been learning the ways of the monks for a but a short time. In that short time I have learned quickly. The head of the Temple sent me because he thought I should learn the ways of the monks as I help the world. He thinks that I have a great power in me, I don't see it. He says that I will learn a lot from this journey...

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
:wonders if he can battle one on one against Kokeshi and win...:

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Expect the unexpected. Wild adventures. Friendship and Betrayals. Tell us all about yourself and be ready to learn about why you were summoned here in the morning. Their is a small town at the base of the mountain that you all are welcome to visit. Just don't burn down the tavern and be back tomorrow.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
: goes down to the town and scopes out the local villagers :

Haplo

Haplo

• Members
  • 26 posts
[follow TR down to the village]

Hey Tusken, why do you think that we are here? I have only been a mage for a little while, but my master thought that I was the right student for this job. Whatever that will be.

Kokeshi_Doll769

Kokeshi_Doll769

oh hey i didn't see you there

• Members
  • 5,221 posts
(ooc: are we allowed to change our characters names, or will that just create confusion?)

BIC: Kokeshi watched TR take off towards the village, and Haplo quickly follow. For a moment she considered following them herself, but decided against it. The trip from Dieron had been long and hot and dusty, and she was in no shape to present herself. Not that she cared a whole lot about her physical appearance, but she at least had the self-respect to clean up a bit. Letting out a sigh, she let her pack thump to the ground and sat down at a nearby table, just outside the inn. She took down her dark hair and ran her fingers through it a few times. It fell just past her shoulderblades, and it felt gritty and grimy. Come to think of it, her entire body felt gritty and grimy. She could handle being dirty when the situation necessitated, but she preferred to be clean. It wasn't as distracting. She looked around, hoping to spot someone who could tell her where she could clean herself up...

The B Man

The B Man

King of Wishful Thinking

• Members
  • 6,364 posts
*Walks down to tavern*

*Sits down has a brew*

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
*Heads down into the village, following Tusken and Haplo from a distance before entering into the tavern and scoping the area*

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
*walks up to Kokeshi*

"Hello Kokeshi. You seem to be worn out after that long trip from Dieron. There is a hot springs back at the monestary. If you would like I can show you the way."

*starts walking away with Kokeshi*

"You don't like being called Kokeshi it seems. Is there some reason for that? Your past maybe?"

Kokeshi_Doll769

Kokeshi_Doll769

oh hey i didn't see you there

• Members
  • 5,221 posts
Kokeshi followed Mac after grabbing a few things from her pack that she'd need at the hot springs. She had caught up to him and matched his stride, when he brought up the subject of her name.

"You don't like being called Kokeshi it seems. Is there some reason for that? Your past maybe?"

Damn; he'd noticed how she cringed every time someone called her by that name. She'd tried her best to hide it, but all to often she wore her emotions on her sleeve. She sighed, and avoided his gaze.

"I'd rather not talk about it," she said quietly. Then: "How much further are the hot springs...?"

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
After scoping the locals, Cloud comes to the decision that none are worth stealing from, drunkards and waitresses weren't the sort to carry any decent items around with them, which Cloud hoped to stock up on before they embarked on their journey, which was still not known. Seeing Bell, another companion seated at a table, Cloud wanders over and sits down opposite him.

'So...Bell wasn't it? you know anything about what we're doing here? My father wasn't impressed with me leaving the guild for the unknown...'

The B Man

The B Man

King of Wishful Thinking

• Members
  • 6,364 posts
I believe that this journey will not be easy. I think we are up for some very hard tasks.

I am willing to go to any feet to gain more knowledge and experience in the ways of the monk though. How about your self, why was your father not happy to see you leave?

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
It's a clan thing...my father was training me to challenge our leader to take control of the guild. I never really approved of taking such an action, but a part of me was still intrigued...

I guess i'll never know if I could of won, but who knows, when i return from this journey i might just have what it takes.

The B Man

The B Man

King of Wishful Thinking

• Members
  • 6,364 posts
I believe you have an aptitude or learning new things as I do. If you like I would train you in the ways of the Monk, inner peace is a great way to win in any situation. It would be against my order but the training I am in right now is also against so I don't see why not...

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
It is an interesting idea, though i must admit, that been a peaceful person isn't something I have ever strived to be...i have a deadly bite you know...

But i'm willing to give anything a shot, never know when a new technique might come in handy, and afterall, if this journey is going to be a long one, a bit of extra training will help pass the time.

The B Man

The B Man

King of Wishful Thinking

• Members
  • 6,364 posts
Good, then we shall start your training in the dawn. With each raising sun you can change anything... I must be off, tomarrow is going to be a long day and I wish to start it by catching the early bird.

The only way to true inner peace is to gain peace with all that is around you. I want you to think about that for the night and tell me what you think it means in the dawn...

Later

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
As Bell left the tavern Cloud ordered one last drink then stood up and began the journey back to the Monastry they were staying at. Reaching the Monastry he noticed that Macstorm and Kokeshi were in the middle of a discussion. He moved out of view behind the closest tree and listened carefully.

Vivi

Vivi

• Members
  • 1,515 posts
After strolling around on his lonesome, Vivi spots Macstorm and Kokeshi 10 meters to his right. Being around so many people makes him slightly uncomfortable, so he walks cautiously toward them. He notices a figure hiding suspiciously behind a tree in what seems like eavesdropping. Vivi gazes for a few seconds questioning his motives...Cloud was it? Nervous and paranoid are 2 of the best characteristics that would describe Vivi. Convincing himself he was imagining things he walks toward Mac and Kokeshi...and trips over a root bruising his right forearm. ::JUST GREAT...some great White Mage your gonna be Vivi...how are you gonna heal others when you can't even keep yourself from getting hurt?:: He quickly gets up hoping they didn't see him and sits down a few feet from Mac and Kokeshi unsure of what to do next.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
*Macstorm and Kokeshi arrive at and enter the hot springs*

"Your name was given to me by every one of the masters in Dieron. What makes you so special?"

*Mac says pondering the question himself*

*Kokeshi is silent for long moments*

*Mac continues*
"Well, whatever it is you are dealing with you had better come to terms with pretty soon. You are going to need your wits about you for this."

*Macstorm relaxes deeper into the hot springs all the while knowing that they are being watched*

Vivi

Vivi

• Members
  • 1,515 posts
Not being able to deal with it much longer Vivi gathers himself and joins Mac. He acknowledge Kokeshi with a slight nod and speaks to Mac knowing this might be the last chance he will speak to him with such few people around.

"Mac I know we are to be resting at this moment but this has been running through my mind all day long. As soon as you presented yourself to us earlier in the day along with the introductions...I could have sworn I have heard your name from somewhere...yet I cannot put my finger on it. To make matters more disturbing, you seem to talk about myself as if you have known me for your whole life yet I do not have the faintest idea of who you are."

Vivi pauses as he looks at Mac.

::I usually keep to myself...how does he know?::

The B Man

The B Man

King of Wishful Thinking

• Members
  • 6,364 posts
*Meditates atop the mountain where the monestary was*

Father give me strength to learn the traits I need to know to take this journey to the end. I am a little scared, there are many people that I have no knowledge of. They are more forgein to me that anything has ever been. I don't know their customs or there strenghts. Some seem over confident, some seem more scared than I. I believe that I am the weakest here....

Whitesaber

Whitesaber

• Members
  • 281 posts
*A puff of smoke erupts in the air, and something falls with a large splash into the nearest hotspring*

*Coughing and sputtering, a figure surfaces from the water, his soaked robes cling to his body, and sodden brim of his mage hat covers his eyes*

*He lifts the brim from his eyes and attepmts to shake some of the water from himself*

"Bags! This doesn't look like a monestary...."

*Turning, he is startled to find he is being watched*

"Um, hullo!"

*He gazes briefly at each in turn, a mage like himself and a woman, and a man... who looked impossibly familiar...*

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
*Mac looks up at Whitesaber who has just appeared out of nowhere*

"Mages are always late. (with sarcasm)I see your master finally saw fit to let you join us Whitesaber. (without sarcasm)I am glad to have you."

*Turns back to Vivi and Kokeshi*

"All will be revealed in due time...in due time."

Whitesaber

Whitesaber

• Members
  • 281 posts
*To Mac, and the others*

"Yes, glad to be here, to be sure... Well maybe not exactly here..."

*Gestures to the water, chuckling, then wades to dry ground*

"...but glad to be here with you all."

*Begins to wring the water out of his hat and robes*

Reply to this topic