Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FFXI Screenshots

• Please log in to reply
3620 replies to this topic

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
Do you still have your acct, Mac, or did you close it (again)?

Invisible Boy

Invisible Boy

• 7,003 posts
Where Domie Where!

Posted Image

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Dubside was owned.

Darkside

Darkside

drove through ghosts to get here...

• Members
  • 3,623 posts
Ah Memories...

Domo-Kun

Domo-Kun

Gravemaker and Gunslinger

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Ah Memories...

Agreed. That was my first MMO Still an amazing one.

RavEMasteR

RavEMasteR

• Members
  • 4,034 posts
Come join the fray again! I'm on Remora.

Domo-Kun

Domo-Kun

Gravemaker and Gunslinger

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Come join the fray again! I'm on Remora.

The grind is too long. Not to mention no money and WoW/Nintendo Wii own my soul (ELEBITS IS CRACK)

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Picture walkthrough incoming.

It all began on Nov. 12, 2003. I had been playing FFXI since launch, but as a Mithra Warrior named Araina. I decided to get a mule for all the items I was gathering and created Domie, a Galka Warrior from Bastok, one day before maintenance. I fought around with him and enjoyed the survivability. Later that night when maintenance was over, I deleted my Bastok mule and recreated Domie anew in San d'Oria. Thus begins this journey.

Posted Image
Domie - Level 1
This is Domie with his sword, shield, and Galka level 1 RSE Armor. Quite a scary sight. Funguars ran in fear of having to look at him. Please ignore the fact that I'm a Warrior with a sword and shield. Honestly, the game started him with it and no one told me otherwise for quite a while.

Posted Image
Domie - Level 7
I fought that entire night to get Domie leveled back up to 10 where I was with Araina. Here's a picture of Domie in Araina's level 7 Leather Armor. He only needed to borrow it for a little while that night.

Posted Image
Domie - Level 10
Here I am, pre-sub job, heading to La Theine and then to the Dunes. I was still a noob with a sword and shield, but I did have a provoke macro and I used it. I met plenty of other stupid people and also joined my first JP party. One of those party members was kind enough to help with my sub job quest. Enjoy this look at Domie in Scale Armor.

Posted Image
Domie - Level 18
Fresh out of the Dunes and fully sub job'd, Domie dons Lizard Armor in this shot. It was in the dunes that I learned to tank and loved it. A very fun time, though I loathe the Dunes still to this day.

Posted Image
Domie - Level 21
Decked out in Beetle Armor, I was finally able to make it to Jeuno and obtained my chocobo license. I took my first trip to Windurst to partake in a mission to obtain Rank 3.

Posted Image
Domie - Level 24
After a few levels on Qufim Island, I hit level 24 and got some new armor, Chainmail. Here I was on my way to the Jungles for the first time. Boy, me and Goblin Smithy made good friends that day.

Posted Image
Domie - Level 30
It took a while, but I finally hit 30 and was able to go about unlocking advanced jobs. Here I am in my Centurion's Armor as I traveled the world unlocking all of the advanced jobs before continuing. I found some I liked, but Warrior was still my favorite.

Posted Image
Domie - Level 36
I took over a month off to work around with the advanced jobs before getting back to Warrior. Here I am in bat town, aka Garlaige Citadel, with Silver Mail. Sadly, Silver Mail looks just like Chainmail. I was upset greatly by that.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Posted Image
Domie - Level 40
A few levels later, I was ready to wear Plate Armor. I put it on for the first time as the Nightly Elite teamed up to climb Delkfutt's Tower for the Rank 4 mission.

Posted Image
Domie - Level 45
I hit burnout around level 45 as parties were getting tougher to obtain. Here I am in my Brigandine armor, just like everyone else my level, as I waited for a party in Crawler's Nest or the Quicksand Caves.

Posted Image
Domie - Level 49
After a brief time off, the Nightly Elite started a static party. Here I am getting ready to party in my new Mythril Armor. There was nothing special or useful about this armor. I just enjoyed a new look once and a while.

Posted Image
Domie - Level 50
I really loved the look of my Iron Musketeer's Armor. I felt like a knight in it. The static party was still in high gear and as we had all hit level 50, we began doing our AF armor quests. This is what I had been waiting all this time for.

Posted Image
Domie - Level 55
Here I am right before quitting the game for a long time. I had all of my AF armor, but only being level 55 at the time, I could only wear pieces of it. In this shot, I'm fully decked out in Royal Knight's Chainmail. Not as cool looking as my IM Armor from level 50, but it had better stats.

Posted Image
Zeidome/Domie - Level 60
Jump forward three years and two restarts later. I quit the first time in early 2005 as our static party ended only to restart again in April of 2006 with the release of a new expansion. I quit again about a month later, as parties were painful to find. I finally restarted again in January of 2008 with the release of the Wings of the Goddess expansion. Thanks to changes that had been made in the game, I was able to get some decent parties in the Aht Urhgan areas, but not having Ninja leveled for a sub job meant that invites were not flying in. Wings of the Goddess helped me overcome that due to a new feature within the game known as Campaign. It's basically a danger-free way to solo for experience. Thanks to that, I was finally able to hit level 60 on January 23, 2008, over four years after beginning the game.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
A very nice flyby of your time thus far. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: hopefully it doesn't end at 60

Though, How did you get your name changed from Domie to Zeidome?

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
Me, Sute and Mac (in his female char, haha) encounter the VERY RARE missing rider chocobo!! :eek:

Attached Files

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
I daresay it was attacking that bee!

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I was forced to change my name when I returned to the game in 2006. It said that Domie was taken.

Xerlic

Xerlic

Tarus > Galkas

• Members
  • 665 posts
Man, going through this thread brings back such memories.

Posted Image

I remember this really well. Too bad this screenshot is a ghost town. =( What ever happened to Constable?

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
Domie sat on him after this picture was taken and he died. :(

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts
PLD fun!

Posted Image

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Did you fix your computer, or no?

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts
I sure did! I got my new motherboard on Friday and installed it later that evening.

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
Our first static!! /cheer

Posted Image

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Sweet. Looks like you had fun. I had {Connection Lost}. :(

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Yah, it was good times. I have 3 or 4 screens that I'm going to post later tonight.