Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FFXI In-Game Discussion

• Please log in to reply
6545 replies to this topic

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Couple of more ideas:

-I think, every now and then, we should pick on a weak-to-medium monster and practice getting our chain attack and magic burst timing down

-it is recommended on GameFAQs to type party messages in CAPS during battle to get each others attention (because there will be so many messages scrolling by)

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• 11,652 posts
sounds interesting but all this stuff we will figure out once we get into the game...

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Interesting info on GameFAQs boards as to when to do parties and when to go solo:

quote:

There's plenty of things to do in this game solo, just not levelling or the higher Missions. It's quite possible to level by playing solo, but it's so painfully slow and tedious by comparison to partying that it's relatively useless. (Exception is an experienced Beastmaster, they can solo and have a blast doing it.)

Most quests, crafting, item collecting and such can be done solo. Actually, the majority of quests can't really be done by a party (don't need 6 people to screw in a light bulb or trade a zinc ore to an NPC.) Crafting is strictly solo, and item collecting is much easier solo.

So, as you can see, we won't be joined at the hip all the time to each other.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
hey, how do you become a beastmaster, I was a creature tamer on Star wars galaxies and loved it, so what is the best combo for that...

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
I can go monk, then beast tamer, the only problem with beast tamer, as what I saw in Star Wars, was that it will be a heavily aquired job by most people in the game to where they have to nerf the skill to the point that it is useless...

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Beast Master is an advanced job, so you have to do a quest to obtain it.

Supposedly White Mage is the best lead in job for a Beast Master (due to increased Charisma), but they always suggest you use Beast Master as your main job if you're gonna go that route.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
that was my main goal, but you know people are going to hoard(sp) that job

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
I could go at first a monk/white mage, then change to a beastmaster/monk

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
If you do that then the best path for you would be to start as a White Mage and level up to about level 8, then you could swap to a Monk. That way you can level up to a LVL18 Monk and then sub White Mage. You would then have Cure, Dia, and Paralyze and the MP with which to use them. Then at LVL30 you can Beastmaster out!!!

Plus White Mages are the bomb...and it fits your new avy.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
I know, I guess that will be the game plan, thanks Mac, now you better not start "Mac'n" on my character, remember I'm a dude!!!

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I am going to be playing as a female also...so same goes for you...

Lezy FF chars?!?

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
hell yeah..., wait hell no...

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I am frightened by the thought of that...

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
i know, so was I when i wrote it...

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Sounds like a good plan. That way, it really won't affect anything we do as a group (having two support magic users in battle would be a no-no).

Hopefully Otanku or Sephi will be an strong attack character to help out.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Let's hope that they will for sure be Black Mages or Warriors...or even Monks.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
Sephi I think wanted to be a tataru(sp) and be a black mage, hopefully, that would be cool, having a bad ass magic user on our team...

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
I was thinking about weapon chains, magic bursts, and macros.

If we're clever, I believe we can come up with some coordinated macros that will allow us to pull off some weapons chains and magic bursts.

But we'll worry about that when we get to it.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
I cant wait to get home, all you people whoare about to play it or are playing it right now I hate you....

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Hey, I'm not playing it. I'm still at work. I'm just thinking about playing it.

I should be playing in about an hour or so, though, if anyone wants to look me up.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I should be there sometime tonight...just as soon as it finishes.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts

Macstorm:
I should be there sometime tomorrow...just as soon as it finishes.

Just a little adjustment.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
laugh i got home yesterday at 7, and didnt get to start playing until midnight, 5 hours of installation and patching...

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Okay, I'm fixin to renew my adventure. :)

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
Darn you man, ill be there in about 30 minutes...