Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FFXI In-Game Discussion

6545 replies to this topic

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
Did you all buy the game already?? :(

Dangit I wanna play too, but I haven't bought it yet. Maybe this weekend or in 2 weeks. $$ be tight, yo!

Oh, and which character can summon?

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Its not out till next Wednesday, Tank

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
Yay! Cuz I don't wanna play and you all are like 14 levels ahead of me or something.

I've been tryin to get my buds here to try out this game, but they are too much into SWG to want to try anther MMORPG. I'm playing SWG too, which is pretty cool, but I have been jonesin' to play this one, so I know if it's even half way good, this will eat up a lot of my time.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
So I take it you're gonna be in our clan, ain't ya? :)

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
SWG was fun, I played it for about 2 months, and then let my brother take the reigns, I didnt want to get too attached to the point i didnt want to start ffxi...

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Our roles within the party will be to lure unsuspecting guys to their doom...JT casts sleep on them, I steal their gil, and Scroch will beat himself up...that way we can have them arrested.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
why am i the one that gets hurt...

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Ok, you can beat the rest of us up too.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
laugh

His new character name is Paula Poundstone.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
I am gonna kick your asses here in a minute...

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
:D

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Play nice ladies...

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
rotflmao laugh

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
The only thing is what times do you guys like to play? I still have a "life" (married and in love and all that), so I generally could play:

Mondays all 7p til midnight
Tue after 24 (so 9-11p)
Wed no
Thurs no (must see Thurs)
Fri is date night so no
Sat whenever
Sun whenever

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
I can generally make time usually after 7pm on weeknights or any part of the day on weekends.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
after 8pm mostly for me, during the week and anytime on weekends, but when ffx-2 comes out, I will probably donate 2-3 days a week to that game...

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
My big time will be late on Tues, Thurs, and Fri...and some on Sat.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts

]ScRoCH[:
but when ffx-2 comes out, I will probably donate 2-3 days a week to that game...

Same here

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
I thought you already played it JTBT?

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts
my schedule is:

Sunday: Any Time
Monday-Thursday: After 5:00
Friday: After 4:00 (but i usually go to the arcade, so i might not always get a chance for long)
Saturday: Any time

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts

]ScRoCH[:
I thought you already played it JTBT?

Nope :confused:

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
When we join a guild for crafting weapons, armor, items, food, etc, it is recommended that we join a guild that is headquartered in or near our hometown. That way, we won't have to be running all over the planet gathering materials and crafting.

Here are the guilds that are headquartered in or around San'Doria, and what they specialize in:

quote:

Black Smith (North San'Doria)
-----------
Black smiths tend to use Ore and metal materials in their synthesizing. A black smith definitely isn't the cheapest guild, but you can make some items that are used by many. As a black smith you will be creating weapons and armors made out of metals. If you are planning on being a black smith you will also want to consider raising your Carpentry, Gold Smithing, and Tanning skills as they will be required to create many of your Black Smith items.

Carpenter (North San'Doria)
---------
Carpenters will use wood in their crafting, of course! But what can they make out of their wood? Well, there are many things to be crafted out of wood: staffs used by mages, furniture, fishing poles. I haven't experimented much in this guild so I can't say how costly it is, but I'm sure it's not cheap! I do know that Boneworker and Black Smith skills could prove to be helpful in your carpentry so keep that in mind.

Tanner (South San'Doria)
------
You guessed it! Skins and leather materials are used in Tanning. You will mostly be creating armors out of your skins and leather. Black Smith, Gold Smith, and Weaving skills are a plus in this guild!

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
and why would we want to join a guild???

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
So you can craft unusual (powerful) equipment and items for yourself, or sell them to others for gil.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
hmmm, ok, never thought of that...

Reply to this topic