Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FFXI In-Game Discussion

• Please log in to reply
6545 replies to this topic

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
I figured we can use this thread to accomplish three general things:

1. Discuss our overall character's roles within the Linkshell

2. Discuss our character's roles within the battle party

3. Discuss the role and purpose of the Linkshell

This is just a thread to throw ideas out and discuss, not neccessarily set rules.

After reading the Red Mage FAQ on GameFAQs, I now understand the role of my character is to provide support for the party in and out of battle (mostly in battle). I can also provide assistance with melee combat.

(BTW, I suggest all of you who are interested in playing head over to the FFXI FAQ page and read up on your potential character).

Since there are certain quests that aid certain professions, I think it should be the initial purporse of the group to fulfill these missions, taking turns in doing a mission for each character (and building all characters along the way).

Just an example:

The first mission we undertake may be one which procures a certain piece of equipment which will benefit the Monk.

Then, the next mission may be one that benefits the Thief.

After that, we can do a mission that will benefit the Red Mage.

Etc.

Lets throw out some ideas here.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• 11,652 posts
1, we need a team leader, JTBT, I nominate you for this, since you know the most about the game thus far.

2, I have decided to go a monk to start out with, so I really dont know my role more then melee attack, and defense more for the less strong characters...

3, the linkshell is just a clan/chat window really, its more for just keeping with friends, but I want to be able to go on hunts for large creatures sometimes jsut to level up, and since there is no PvP, we cnat be one of those clans...

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
I don't think we really need a team leader.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
I know we dont really need one, but in the linkshell there has to be one...

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Oh yeah. Well, isn't Mac gonna be the one buying the Linkshell?

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
i dont know, i know he is getting the world passes...

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I am getting it all...I am the thief you know. And if you have seen 8-bit Theater then you know what I am talking about. :D

If not, then you should read it.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
laugh

I'm familiar with that

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
I started to read that 8-bit thing, then I noticed its like 350 pages, and I am only 50 pages into it

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I would say that no matter who buys the Linkshell the three of us...unless Tank or someone else from here chimes in...should be the admins (aka Linkshell and Pearlsack holders) and the rest should just be Linkpearl holders.

As for our roles in battle I think that we might have to level on our own just to start off, doing quests that will benefit our selves.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
yeah, and just join up when we need too at first

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Good ideas

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
I read somewhere, i think something by JTBT, that it isnt wise to join a group until you are level 10 otherwise it would take a while to level up at first...

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Yep, that was in the starting tips thread.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
Yeah, so when you get the worldpass, lets start out in our own coutries and meet together, how long do you think that would take??

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I don't know really. We are both Elvaan, so both of us could start in San'doria. I think that I might start in Bastok though.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Probably a pretty long time. Plus, that also means we would be on competing countries in conquest (meaning our party would be kinda pointless). So we should probably start out in the same country.

EDIT: I suggest we start out in San'Doria. You guys will get the stat bonus, plus our MogHouses will be larger (they're smaller in Bastok).

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
ok, San'Doria is where I will be starting then...

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Well if you don't mind...that sounds fine.

I do so want to visit Gustaburg Falls though. Maybe we could go there on a trip sometime.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Sure thing! Its far south of San'doria, and just northeast of Bastok. Should be a fun trip.

*begins playing the Kingdom of San'doria theme song* :D

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
i need to get that, do you have a link of it...

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
I got it from gamingforce audio, but they've since gone down. I can put it up for download (since it will be our official theme)

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Here it is, our anthem zipped:

The Kingdom of San'Doria

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I got it from the same place. Something tells me that we will be hearing that a lot in the weeks to come.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• 11,652 posts
its pretty cool