Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WrestleMania 22

274 replies to this topic

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,390 posts
So I'm guessing that much rumored Hogan vs Austin match isn't gonna happen, eh?

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
I am actually thinking that they might put Taker in this Triple Threat match.

Randy mentioned him a couple of times during his promo. And the only other people he mentioned were Rey and Angle... and Eddie. But yea.

With this title match next week, I think they might just end up having Teddy come out and say 'What a great match... it would be a waste not to have that at Wrestlemania... FATAL FOUR-WAY!'

So yea.

My prediction.

(I just pray its not vs. Mark Henry. Because if it is, we're all so sure he'd win, but that's what would scare me. Because the WWE might just be stupid enough to have Henry end Taker's winning streak.... *shudder*)

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts

Darth Krawlie:
So I'm guessing that much rumored Hogan vs Austin match isn't gonna happen, eh?

Well, assuming what you said was a joke, i'm gonna act as if you meant it and let you know that Austin is now in Sydney filming a movie for the WWE... or seomthing.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
According to a freiend who claims to have listened to a radio show with STone COld as a guest.

Austin claimed he didn't even know about the challenge untill Hogan said it, and said it's not happening.

I'll ask him which radio show.

But yea, that was only a rumor.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
Hmmm... this upcoming week on Smackdown! Taker and Angle go for it for the title.
Could Angle lose and demand a re-match at WrestleMania?

I mean, if you listened to the commentary this past week they said 'it'll be Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton vs. the WWE Champion' they didnt say Kurt Angle...

So i'm predicting!!! (that's right, you heard it here first)
That Angle will lose the title this coming week at Smackdown! and will demand that his rematch is at WM22 thus turning it into a Fatal Fourway.

*crosses fingers*

Takerfan88

Takerfan88

• Members
  • 178 posts
that would be pretty cool. being a big fan of Taker, i would love to see him defend the belt at WM. i wouldn't be completely crushed if he lost, cause it's better than loosing to Mark Henry. although it would still suck for Taker to loose.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

*enter amusing member title*

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
If he did get put in that match, and didn't get the win then would that break his undefeated streak? I can't figure it out, I think that if he isn't pinned/submits then technically, he hasn't lost it.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
I don't want Taker anywhere near the title at wm unless he's winning the match.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
I just saw the Angle vs. Taker match at No Way Out.

There is no-one who can say that was a terrible match. It was one of the best Main Events i've seen in a LONG time!!

If anyone deserves to be thrown in the mix, it should be Taker.

With that said, I dont want to see him lose any match etc... but I also dont want to see him against the likes of Mark Henry.

Austin

Austin

Some say...

• 6,783 posts
There has been some dark matches of a Fatal-Fourway between Angle, Taker, Orton, and Mizark Hizenry at SD! tapings. It was a pretty good match.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts

Darth Bane:
I just saw the Angle vs. Taker match at No Way Out.

There is no-one who can say that was a terrible match. It was one of the best Main Events i've seen in a LONG time!!

I downloaded the match online...dare I say, it may have been one of the best WWE main events I've ever seen. It was just perfect, IMO.

Austin actually got injured moving furniture back in October. He somehow hurt his knee or something, I think. Not sure if that injury contributed to any inability to further any potential Hogan/Austin storyline or not though.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Austin's knees are worse than Stephen Hawkings.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts

UK Legend Killa:
Austin's knees are worse than Stephen Hawkings.

But are they worse then Nash's? hmmm

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
Austin won't face Hogan until they come up with a creative way for neither of them to do a job. He's also still pissed about the whole Ross thing and how he was supposed to job to Coach and seemingly lose Ross's job, which I would be too. No one, and I mean no one, should ever have to job to Coach.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Smackdown Posted ImageSPOILERS Posted Image for 3/03 ahead:

A set of Smackdown spoilers reported last night that Chirs Benoit vs JBL has been announced for WrestleMania 22. While some may frown upon this match and cite better wrestlers for Benoit to wrestle at such an event, I think this is great - especially if (and IMO, when) JBL puts Benoit over. It's a nice solid victory for Benoit at the biggest PPV of the year again an established upper-tier wrestler. They were both world champions for their respective shows during the same year, so in a way I consider them to be on a level playing field in regards to their standing as main eventers/upper tier stars.

End spoiler

Roky2k6

Roky2k6

• Banned Users
  • 29 posts
These matches r wat ill like to see:

World Heavyweight Championship
Kurt Angle© v Randy Orton v Rey Mysterio

WWE Championship
John Cena v Triple H

Hardcore
Mick Foley v Edge

Steel Cage
MNM v Hardy/Tatanka

Money in da bank ladder
RVD v Ric Flair v Benjamin

Cruiserweight battle Royal
Helms© Psicosis
Crazy Funaki
Nunzio Scotty

Handicap
HBK v Vince/shane Mcmahon

Womens title
Candice v Trish Stratus©

United States Championship
Benoit© v Booker T v Boogeyman

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
And.... where is the Undertaker there?

Roky2k6

Roky2k6

• Banned Users
  • 29 posts
He mite make the world heavyweight campionship match a fatal fourway

Roky2k6

Roky2k6

• Banned Users
  • 29 posts
the steel cage 1 iz for da tag titles

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

*enter amusing member title*

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
Not a bad card there, but a cage match for the tag belts is unrealistic. MitB will probably have 6 people in it and Boogeyman looks to be starting something with Booker T.
And like Gargles said...where is 'Taker??? He might make the title match but I can't see it happening.

Roky2k6

Roky2k6

• Banned Users
  • 29 posts
somethings starting between mnm and hardy/tatanka so it could happen

Austin

Austin

Some say...

• 6,783 posts
Jannety won't make it to 'Mania?

Stu

Stu

Resident Super Villian

• Members
  • 614 posts
Actually, I see WWE marketing the HBK/Vince match as a McMahons vs The Rokkers. Which would be cool I think, more interesting then HBK vs Vince. The Rokkers also could get their due and participate in the Tag division, finally winning a Tag Championship on the way. I've always been a fan of pushing top guys in a tag team when you don't have a top spot for them at that time. And I don't mean Kane/RVD vs La Resistance, but rather Rokkers vs Kane/Show.

As for Benoit/JBL, I like that match. Much like Ex said, I consider them both top guys who have been "slumming" below their divisions lately. But JBL Benoit seems like a solid, good fued to me. I just wish it wasn't involving the US title. Nothing pisses me off more when a former world champ is push back down a division. I don't think it credits the title, but rather discredits the champ.

Boogeyman still getting TV time is upsetting to say the least. Matt Hardy in a program with MNM is awsome, but he needs a legit tag partner. Either give him maybe Noble or Burchill (non pirate) as a partner, or put someone else in that fued, like Kendrick/London. I think it's time they get their due.

On that note, I'd like to see Lashley vs Matt Hardy at wrestlemania. I don't know the program or the turns or anything, but that's just a match I want to see.

Cena/HHH had better not be the actual WM main event.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Acutally the ROckers have held the tag titles several times before.

Roky2k6

Roky2k6

• Banned Users
  • 29 posts
Jannety refused to join the mr mcmahon kiss my ass club so he isnt a wwe superstar

Reply to this topic