Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WrestleMania 22

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests
The second John Cena came out and proclaimed himself "The Doctor Of Thuganomics" I hated him. Nothing John Cena ever does in this business will make me like him. John Cena makes me feel embarrassed to be a wrestling fan. I've been watching this stuff for 11 years and I've never felt that way until Cena started coming out with his little chain and Nelly band aid.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,121 posts

Exodus:
http://www.nightly.n...ic/72/2785.html

Ah yes

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
Now I have a couple of minutes heres how I'd rate the matches:

WWE Championship
John Cena vs Triple H

Not a great match, at least not worthy of main eventing WrestleMania. Lots of crowd involvement but nothing to do with the quality if the match. I don't really care that Cena retained as I don't like HHH as champion, but it shouldn't have ended the show.
Rating: **1/4

World Championship
Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton

Nice match with a few amazing spots, especially that double german suplex. The match didn't seem that long to me and the finish sort of came out of nowhere. The crowd were morons for booing Rey, but Angle is the man. The show should have ended with Rey, Chavo and Eddie's wife celebrating in the ring.
Rating: ****

No Holds Barred Match
Shawn Michaels vs Vince McMahon

Meh, it was ok for what they were going for. Not sure where they're going with Shawn's new attitude, I wouldn't mind seeing D-X back but I don't think its happening.
Rating: ***

Hardcore Match
Edge vs Mick Foley

I hate Edge, I hate Edge, I hate Edge. Decent match but not as good as Foley's street fights with HHH or Orton. Nice spot to block the spear, and Socko in barbwire. I hate Edge.
Rating: ***3/4

Casket Match
Undertaker vs Mark Henry

Never going to be a classic but it was ok.
Rating: *1/4

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Finlay vs Lashley vs Matt Hardy vs RVD vs Ric Flair vs Shelton Benjamin

Not as good as I expected it to be, but glad RVD won. I'll make a bet with anyone that HHH beats him when he cashes the shot in. Awesome spot from Benjamin when he came off the ladder off the ropes to the outside. Benjamin is cool.
Rating: **1/2

United States Championship
Chris Benoit vs Bradshaw

Approve of Bradshaw winning after mocking Eddie I do not! Ok match though, as you'd expect with Benoit
Rating: **1/2

World Tag Team Titles
Big Show & Kane vs Chris Masters & Carlito

Good match I thought, the crowd were really into Carlito, he'll be turning on Masters soon enough. I'm glad they are continuing with Big Show and Kane being unstoppable, it'll mean something when they drop the titles. I thought Kane did awesome in this match by the way.

Womens Championship
Trish Stratus vs Mickie James

This match was actually pretty good, better than I expected. The crowd were morons to boo Trish as bad as they did. Unfortunate they messed up the finish.
Rating: ***1/4

Sharmell & Booker T vs BoogeyMan
OK match, I didn't realise Boogeyman actually ate live worms, I thought they were fake, thats sick. I thought Sharmell looked hot in her ring gear, so it gets an extra star for that.
Rating: **

Playboy Pillow Fight
Torrie Wilson vs Candice Michelle

I could hear some of the crowd trying to start a boring chant but unfortunately they didn't get one fully going, to bad. The dog of Torrie's is really small isn't it?
Rating: N/A

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts

Stallion:
Since he got stale, many arenaites hate him.

And I got it Bane.

Put Undertaker Sucks, HHH rules in your sig.

Well, I was expecting something more... good.
But, ok.

Your wish is granted.

And since it's 430am here and im heading to work, i will give my post-WM run-down later tonight.

It was a pretty impressive night, that's for sure.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
My Sig changes June 2nd, 2006!

Clinicly Insane

Clinicly Insane

• Members
  • 492 posts

Exodus:
Oh trust me, they are this stupid.

Did the level that Vince made HBK ascend to ignite something that was foreshadowed by the two crotch chops tonight? I'm telling you, the odds of that being a coincidence are about as slim as a person out in the real world not showing ill effects from a slegehammer blow to the forehead within seconds of being hit.

That left the sourest of tastes in my mouth. Cena no-selling the Pedigree a few weeks back was one thing, especially when two nights later HBK got Pedigreed and was out like a light for five minutes+, but this sledgehammer shot - HHH put HBK out of action for several weeks with these types of attacks, same for Flair. But I guess that makes Cena much more of a bad ass right?   unimpres  

I pity Cena. The last two Wrestlemanias, when he overcame Big Show and JBL, The fans ate him up. But now, when people would rather cheer FOR one of the biggest heels in the business's history rather than him, Cena really has reason to feel bad.

If Cena is doing this the way Triple H was back in the day, I will not pity him. But if creative is continously forcing Cena as a face when he'd fit a heelish role well (And with a reasonable explaination), I do pity him. Its just, has Cena done anything to convince the writers to turn him heel?

I love Smackdown!, and so I am sickened how WWE devalued every wrestler on the SD roster in two ways. First, they put the retarded Playboy Pillow Fight match AFTER the Triple Threat match. Second, they didn't even put Orton-Angle-Mysterio as the MAIN EVENT!!! Hello? Mysterio won the Rumble? Match involving the Rumble winner is main event by default?

I wonder how Triple H feels, now that he was cheered again.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Depends on if he realizes why he was cheered, since he didn't realize why Angle was cheered against the same opponent.

Well, if you actually believe that he didn't really see things for what they were.

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
I was a little disappointed that the fans were booing Trish Stratus... I mean come on... No one that hot needs to be booed.

Also, the more I look at Candice Michelle, the more I’m starting to dislike her, physically.

Macho Grande

Macho Grande

I don't think I'll ever get over myself

• Banned Users
  • 4,936 posts

ogpapasmurf:
 John Cena makes me feel embarrassed to be a wrestling fan.  

He's one of the main reasons I quit watching wrestling altogether. When I saw his character for the first time I realized that wrestling had officially become unwatchable. I'm not surprised that his lameness is catching on with others.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• 4,153 posts
Last night was my first wrestlemania and I didn't even watch all of it as my friend had it on DVR. I only watched Rey Vs. Orton Vs. Angle/ Vince Vs. HBK/ HHH Vs. Cena/ Money in the Bank match.

I was pleased with most but the HHH Vs. Cena was very unexpected...I thought HHH was gonna get the rope break and then have another 6-7 minutes of wrestling with a pedigree and Cena's five moves of doom. But the tap-out to the STFU was very unexpected.

Future

Future

Guardar da della conflagrazione

• Members
  • 388 posts
I was dissapointed with the following results:

WWE Championship

Triple H Vs John Cena ©

I thought the result should of been the opposite to what it was, Triple H the veteran and a somewhat newbie John Cena, I thoguht they could of fought for a while longer and then Triple H should of finished the match with a pedigree and become the new Champion

World Heavyweight Championshop

Kurt Angle © vs Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio

Again disapointed i thought this match should have gone to Randy, he would be a good champion rather then using Eddie (R.I.P) as a excuse for Rey to win the title.

The Following results i was happy with :

U.S Title

JBL vs Chris Benoit

This match was a treat seen as JBL has being on a rather long jobbing streak, i love his character and glad to see him wearing championship gold again

NO HOLDS BARRED MATCH

HBK vs Vince

Good Match, i liked HBK with a vengence once more, I thought he'd get screwed like Big show did against Shane, but it was exactly the opposite. good match.

Da_Untouchable

Da_Untouchable

• Members
  • 31 posts
Hiya there guys, i thought wrestlemania 22 was a good show but not brilliant. Mitb match was very good as was the hardcore and triple threat match.(By the way absolutely agree on SD being devalued, why, i have no idea.) But i just watched the wrestlemania post-show (http://www.wwe.com/c...st06_?section=/) and just watch john cena at the end.(Tood Grisham: One of the best wrestlemania ever, what the ****.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
lol @ "possibly the best ever"

Future

Future

Guardar da della conflagrazione

• Members
  • 388 posts
Exodus is awesomeness and i loved MITB too it rocked ECW ECW! ECW ECW!

Da_Untouchable

Da_Untouchable

• Members
  • 31 posts
Plus shawn michaels is very funny with thanking the computer guys for the support, and that he didn't know about text messaging and in his commentary of his match with vince

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,147 posts
I thought that this WrestleMania was awesome. Here were my predictions:

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Triple H - I want Cena to win by having him make Triple H tap to the STFU, but I can't see Triple H jobbing 3 WMs in a row.... Although, Stephanie is pregnant. Is she due soon? Maybe Triple H will be taking time off. Hmmmm.... Maybe Trips wins here, but loses it back at Backlash?

I received my wish. I thought that this was a very, very good match. With the crowd going as they were, and both Cena's & Triple H's body language, I thought that we were going to see a double turn. Cena's move to get into the final STFU was ****ing sweet. 0-1.

World Heavyweight Championship: Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio - I see Randy Orton winning the title, here. Then, fueding with Batista when he comes back.

This was a good match. A little short, and I didn't think that they were going to go with Rey winning. Especially with Batista confronting Orton in the back. We'll have to see where this goes. 0-2.

No Holds Barred: Mr. McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels - HBK. McMahon will take the beating and do the job.

What a great match. Holy ****, that was fantastic. Shawn beat Vince's ass. Then, SCM. Nice. 1-2.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Lashley vs Finley vs Flair vs Hardy vs Benjamin vs RVD - Oh man. I am going to go with Shelton Benjamin.

Good match. Shelton pulled off one hell of a move by running up that ladder, and flipping out of the ring. My predictions aren't going well, though. 1-3.

Casket Match: Undertaker vs. Mark Henry - 14-0 for the Undertaker.

Decent. I thought that it might go a little longer, though. 2-3.

Hardcore Match: Edge vs. Mick Foley - Edge will take the beating of his life, but he will win.

I should get extra points for being right on the money about this. Another absolutely fantastic match. Edge takes the plunge onto the thumbtacks with bare back, All 3 spill blood, barbed wire Mr. Socko, spear onto a flaming table. Unbelievable. 3-3.

United States Championship: Chris Benoit vs. JBL - This could go either way. I am going to go with JBL stealing the title in some way.

Extra points again, please. Thank you. Well, this fued certainly isn't over. I'll have to watch this match, again, to really see how it was. I had to step away from the TV, for a bit, and missed a lot of this match. Don't worry, I recorded it onto DVD. 4-3.

World Tag Team Championship: Kane & Big Show vs. Chris Masters & Carlito - Kane & Big Show have been too awesome to make mistakes and lose the belts, now.

Good match to start the PPV. Kane & Big Show are awesome. I just couldn't see them losing to a team that practically just got formed. 5-3.

Women's Championship: Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James - Trish takes this one, and keeps her belt.

For a women's match, this was fantastic. Mickie working on Trish's leg, and everything. Yes, the finisher was blown, but they recovered with the chick kick. 5-4.

Playboy Pillow Fight: Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle - Torrie

This was no joke to either of these ladies, as they tried to beat the **** out of each other. Torrie even gave Candice a poodle stinkface. They never even touched a pillow. 6-4.

Filler Match: Boogeyman vs. Booker T - Booker T

How about Booker jobbing to the Boogeyman? I have to hand it to Sharmell, as well. Taking that worm-kiss, and all. 6-5.

Yes. A fantastic WrestleMania, in my opinion. My predictions weren't that great, but this show was.

some-guy

some-guy

Dancing for Rain

• Members
  • 1,794 posts
I thought this was a really great WrestleMania. The fans for the HHH/Cena match were insane!

SSD

SSD

• Banned Users
  • 63 posts
Here is my rating of wrestlemania 22:

John Cena© vs. HHH
Both entrances were simply amazing. The wrestling was better than I had expected but it was not the (technical) match of the night. The crowd was really into it and I was very surprised the Cena won (I had predicted an HHH clean win). I also enjoyed how they showed both wresters getting ready before the Pillow Fight because it made everyone get excited. I also enjoyed how Cena was flipped off by the crowd.

Pillow Fight: Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle
A very HOT match but I didn't get why they put it up so high in the card. I was very surprised that they let Torrie Wilson (older "version") win.
Rating: *1/2

Kurt Angle © vs. Rey Mysterio Vs. Randy Orton
Thee technical match of the night. I would have liked it more if they let the match go on for longer like in 2004. This could have been the match of the year but they did WWE screwed it up again. This should have been the last match with Rey closing it out. All-in-all a great match
Rating ***3/4.

Shawn Michaels vs. Vince McMahon
I would have liked a Shane vs. Micheals match (instead of SNME). The least they could have done was to have the match more like the one with McMahon in Wrestlemania XIX. The only moment I thought that was worth watching was the ladder spot. Simply AMAZING! it was that, that brought the rating up.
Rating: ***.

Trish Stratus© vs. Mickie James
A great divas match but I felt that this should have been left off the card. Instead all could have particpated in a bra & panties competition (all-divas).
Rating: **1/2.

JBL vs. Chris Benoit©
Two former world champs competing for a joke of a title was a disgrace in my opinion. I though that this could have been a great technical clinic but it was too short. I also agreed with letting JBL win.
Rating: **1/2.

Casket Match: Undertaker vs. Mark Henry
A crappy match. But I did love how Undertaker went 14-0. Taker should have been in the main event (since he put on a great show at No Way Out). Henry had to be carried by the Ubdertaker throughout the match.
Rating: **.

Boogeyman vs. Booker T
The worst match in my opinion. Booker T should have been in the Ladder Match instead. Some parts were funny (like the kiss). I like the segment before the match with Ted Dibiase.
Rating 1/2*

Hardcore Match: Mick Foley vs. Edge
Quite possibly the match of the night. They definitely stole the show with the thumbtacks, the barbed ire and the fire. I was amazed at how tough Foley was. I enjoyed how Socko was turned extreme with the barbed wire. Great finish but they should have let Foley win since he has jobbed to so many. Also, Edge does not deserve an undefeated streak and that belongs only to the Taker. Maybe next year the can have a match.
Rating: *****

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
A great ladder match. Shelton benjamin was simply amazing. We ALL knew that RVD was going to win. I though Flair was done for thr night but he did come back. Many great mazing moments (too many to list).
Rating: ****1/4

Big Show and Kane © vs. Carlito and chris Masters
A great tag match. Also a good opener to an amazing night. I was not very surprised in the outcome though. Bg Show finally gets his win.

Overall: ****
One of the greatest nights of all time but HHH shoyld have won and closed the night (or atleast Rey). Many AMAZING moments and some great matches. Hopefully the keep it up for next year (planning on going. Another thing was that they should have had a Hogan vs. Austin match instead of a Boogeyman match.

blade23

blade23

Chain Gang Soldier

• Members
  • 100 posts
What the hell was HHH thinking with that stupid entrance, who does he think he is, Conan the barbarian? He looked ridiculous and totaly deserved to loose. The king of kings tapped out, Long live the king!

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

*enter amusing member title*

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
You're not a Cena fan are you??? I was actually suprised that Cena retained for that match. Not many people really have a clue what they're going to do next with the title.
I have seen the MitB and No Holds Barred Match. I thought both were amazing. I dread to think what would have happened if HBK botched the elbow off the ladder.

some-guy

some-guy

Dancing for Rain

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

blade23:
What the hell was HHH thinking with that stupid entrance, who does he think he is, Conan the barbarian? He looked ridiculous and totaly deserved to loose. The king of kings tapped out, Long live the king!

Well, I though Cena's entrance looked like 7 year olds playing cops & robbers. Oh look, Im shooting a fake gun.

Takerfan88

Takerfan88

• Members
  • 178 posts

SSD:

John Cena© vs. HHH
Both entrances were simply amazing. The wrestling was better than I had expected but it was not the (technical) match of the night. The crowd was really into it and I was very surprised the Cena won (I had predicted an HHH clean win). I also enjoyed how they  showed both wresters getting ready before the Pillow Fight because it made everyone get excited. I also enjoyed how Cena was flipped off by the crowd.

Kurt Angle © vs. Rey Mysterio Vs. Randy Orton
Thee technical match of the night. I would have liked it more if they let the match go on for longer like in 2004. This could have been the match of the year but they did WWE screwed it up again. This should have been the last match with Rey closing it out. All-in-all a great match
Rating ***3/4.

are you serious???? do you really think that the HHH/Cena match rated better than the tripple threat? i mean, you were right about how the tripple threat should have been the main event instead, so why did you rate it lower than the WWE championship match?!?!?

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
The 3ple threat felt rushed. Cena vs HHH really had the big match feel to it. The posturing, the entrances, the false finishes. It was an amazing match. It didn't have the spots that the 3ple threat had, but it told a terrific story. A title match should never feel as rushed as that 3way match felt. Props to Cena and Trips for putting on a truly Wrestlemania worthy main event. And BTW, I digged Trips' entrance. Yea it was over the top, but this is wrestling. Since when are things supposed to be subtle and toned down. That entrance was perfect for his character. It was different. So many people complain about Trips being boring and repetitive, well this was a cool change. Cool song by Motorhead, bad-ass looking throne. It fits the "King of Kings" monacker. Besides, Conan rules.

Mongol General: We have won again. That is good! But what is best in life?
Mongol Warrior: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcon on your wrist, wind in your hair!
Mongol General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

Oh yea, Cena's was lame as hell. Yea I hate him with a passion, so this is a little biased, but come on. That was a blatant attempt at getting he crowd behind him. It had nothing to do with his gimmick, and it looked like crap. Those guys running around like they were robbing a place... come on. At least HHH's had something to do with his character, and wasn't an attempt to get cheap fan support.

some-guy

some-guy

Dancing for Rain

• Members
  • 1,794 posts
Hey Ivan did you get that game working on your pc?

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

*enter amusing member title*

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
I just watched the triple threat match. I think it was way too short for a main event match. It's less than 10 minutes, when the WWE title match went on for over 20. I haven't seen that one so I can't comment on it.

Anyone know when it'll be out on DVD in the UK? Also the price? I'm guessing around £20 but I don't know for sure.