Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WrestleMania 22

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
Well, I didnt see any official thread, so I figure you can sticky this one Jacen.

And that's not a suggestion, that's an order from me. rock

Here's the rumoured card for WM22 as it stands at the moment:

[Possible Spoilers...]

World Championship Match:
Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle ©

(Rumor has it that there may be a possibility that it may change to a Triple Threat match involving Rey Mysterio)

WWE Championship Match:
Triple H vs. John Cena©

WWE Women's Title
Candice Michelle vs. Trish Stratus©

Mick Foley vs. Edge
(not sure if it was confirmed or not)

Undertaker vs. Mark Henry
(not confirmed, but highly rumored according to reports)

Now, there are a bunch of matches missing, Carlito in the money in the bank match. i think RVD will probably be in that.
I dont see them leaving the Tag Champs, Kane and Big Show out.
Also... interpromotional matches?? They've been so highly anticipated the last few years, i'm sure they'll throw a couple in. Hopefully.

With that said, the match I was looking forward to was the Undertaker match. It's no secret i'm a huge Taker fan, but this is very unfortunate. To go from the title scene to Mark Henry?
Had they stuck with Taker vs. Angle for the title at WM22 I might believe Taker could lose. I kid you not. But, facing Mark Henry... oh come on now. That's ridiculous. Does anyone think Taker has a chance? Hell, Daivari and maybe MNM will come down to the ring and that might make people think it'll happen, but I dont see Taker giving it up to the likes of Mark Henry.

For what I heard, at No Way Out, Taker made it seem like he wasnt finished with Angle, so maybe they'll turn Angle/Orton into a Triple threat with Taker instead of Mysterio?? or fatal fourway??
Even then, i'd predict Taker to win (as he's never used his political power to win the title, unlike some...) I figure a title win at WM22 would be good for him. Why not? Like usual, i'd assume he'll drop the title the next month or two, anyways.
Like I said, in a fatal fourway/triple threat, I expect Taker to win, but there is more doubt there, that he could possibly lose, than that if he was facing Henry one-on-one...

Thoughts?
What about other stuff for WM22??
Any rumours? Ideas? Hopes?

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests
Candice and Trish aren't going to have a match at WM, they're having a match next week on RAW. I know, what the hell was the point of that battle royal last night?! To remind everyone she's going to be in Playboy? Anyone who cares knows she's going to be in Playboy, they have it marked on their calenders, it wasn't necessary to have her win a ****ing battle royal and waste 10 minutes of our time and break Ashley's leg! My prediction is Trish vs. Mickie James at WM.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I've read a few places that there may be a Womens Championship Battle Royal or a six-woman tag.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,824 posts
Which I have to say is stupid since they've got one of the best women's feuds going in a long time with Trish/Mickie. shrug Whatever.

Mackle

Mackle

• Members
  • 108 posts
Personally, where RAW is concerned, I'd much rather see more of Ashley, Candice, and Maria, than Trish 'n' Mickie.

I was so envious of Cena the other week!

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
While I agree Maria is the best looking Diva, Trish and Mickie can actually wrestle. They should have a first blood match at WM22. Maybe then the division will finally get some respect.

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
I'm not sure that anyone wants to see a first blood women's match. Maybe tha's just me. They're throwing Candace's name around due to the Playboy cover. She'll probably wrestler Torrie or something like that. It would be dumb to spend 6 months building one match Mickie v Trish and not have it at Wrestlemania.

Everyone is forgetting that HBK will take on Vince, or someone Vince appoints at WM.

I'd like to see the Money in the Bank match be interpromotional. Maybe give Rey a chance to win back his title shot. I can't think of six guys on the Raw roster I would like to see in a ladder match.

Also you gotta hope a Shelton-RVD fued is coming. Those should be excellent matches.

some-guy

some-guy

Dancing for Rain

• Members
  • 1,794 posts
WWE.com just said its Triple H vs. Jogn Cena for the WWE Championship at WW 22.

Hur-ah!

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
They have always said there will never be a Womens First Blood match. They never want to ever let you see a woman bleed.
And correct me if i'm wrong, they havent done it yet, and they arent going to start.

The women seem to have a hard time with a regular wrestling match, dont make it worse by throwing in a stipulation.

I say it'll be HBK vs. Shane, to be honest.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
There was the Lita incident that she detailed in her novel...

Okay she's ahving this match, but I forget who with - she totally gets busted open. Total ugliness. She's losing blood, she's about to pass out, but she makes it backstage. What's the first thing she does? She gets her cell phone to call her mother, who was watching the show at home, to make sure she knew she was alright. So what happens? Stephanie shows up with a camera crew and photographers while Lita is trying to talk to her mom before blacking out from blood loss and tells Lita to hang the phone up and let the cameras have at her while she's al bloodied up - we're talking "Flair blood," total crimson mask. Lita refuses, but Stephanie insists it'll "make great TV" and be great for the magazine. She relented so she wouldn't get fired, but yeah - not only a big diva/blood incident, but the first ever "bad Stephanie story" I had ever seen or heard of personally.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
not busted open on purpose though, right? Accident?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Yeah, it wasn't a blade job I don't think. Now that you mention it though I might look into it.

Stu

Stu

Resident Super Villian

• Members
  • 614 posts
I see the HBK match being a tag match with the Rockers vs the McMahons. As for interpromotional matches, I can only see the MitB match, which is so stupid because there is no build up, and no story behind it. Personally, I'd rather see Carlito vs RVD in a cage match.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

quote:

Even then, i'd predict Taker to win (as he's never used his political power to win the title, unlike some...)

He has used it to avoid the dress code, and to not give a clean job to rookies, or in the case of Lesnar, he dropped it to Rock in the triple threat as to avoid jobbing the belt to him.

Your correct that he hasn't used it to win the title though, at least to my knowledge.

Takerfan88

Takerfan88

• Members
  • 178 posts
but, Mark Henry? come on!!!!! Taker shouldn't be wasted on someone like that for WM.

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
They gotta make money off sexual chocolate somehow. Taker was rewarded for his Orton program with a great championship match and another sure fire win at WM.

Looks like Rey will be added to the Smackdown main event.

I'd love to see the one time only return of Jeff Hardy to team with Matt and pass the tag team torch to MNM. It'll probably never happen.

I'd enjoy WWE more if I booked it.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

*enter amusing member title*

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
---SPOILERS FROM SMACKDOWN TAPING---
>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

>
>
>
>
>
>From impactwrestling.com

Randy Orton defeated Rey Mysterio for his Wrestlemania title shot this past Sunday at No Way Out. However, at the Smackdown tapings tonight, it was announced that Rey Mysterio will compete in the World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania anyways. Instead of the World Heavyweight Championship match being Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle, the match will be Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio.

I felt this might happen, since Angle has had problems recently with his neck/back. Rey won't win this match, but he will have a chance to headline WM in a title match. He'll do well for sure.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
---END SPOILER---

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests
That will be an awesome match!

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts

Darth Bane:
They have always said there will never be a Womens First Blood match. They never want to ever let you see a woman bleed.
And correct me if i'm wrong, they havent done it yet, and they arent going to start.

The women seem to have a hard time with a regular wrestling match, dont make it worse by throwing in a stipulation.

When did they say they would never do a Women's First Blood match? I know they've never done it, but I think it would be awesome, but even better I'm picturing an "I QUIT" match that takes place all over the arena, where Psycho girl is the odds on favorite since she'll "never quit"

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,179 posts
Excellent call on the MITB match being interpromotional. I hope that happens.

Note on the Undertaker. He has wrestled 2 straight interpromotional (Is it interpromotional or intrapromotional) matches. Think this will be 3 straight?

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
Who would he wrestle from Raw? We've seen Taker-Kane and Taker-Show to many times. Taker-Flair already happened. I'd love to see Edge-Taker since Edge has a mini win streak at WM, but that would be good for next year if Edge isn't champ going into WM 23 (which he should be). Edge needs to win at Mania and I think the match with Foley should be good if Foley is in shape. The build up should be good as both are excellent on the mic. I think Foley is really into putting Edge over. I'd be good to see a hardcore rematch at Bad Blood.

I could see Psycho Mickie beating the crap out of Trish, but I'm still not sure I wanna see divas bloodied. It's bad enough they are throwing divas out there with some ability but no training and leaving them with broken limbs.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,179 posts
I don't know who he would wrestle. It just popped in my head that he was the main man when it came to the crossover matches.

Stu

Stu

Resident Super Villian

• Members
  • 614 posts
Not going to happen since hey have their own angles, but I'd like to see Micheals vs Taker again.
As for the women, I think they SHOULD get featured in real wrstling matches (those that can wrestle that is, IE Maria, Mickie, Trish, Victoria, Melina) but first blood, to me atleast, seems a little brutal, but if done right, I'd buy it.

Unfortunatley, most people won't. They watch the women at least some what, because they're sexy, and most guys don't find blood sexy.

As for other stipulations. Cage match, I quit, falls count anywhere, strap match, even a ladder match, but not a 1st blood match.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,179 posts
Yeah, let's not scar up the pretty faces.

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
Yeah, no dude wants to jerk off to the picture of a girl with Ric Flair's torn up face and Mick Foley's hunched over body.