Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Royal Rumble

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

Thrawn33

Thrawn33

• Members
  • 2,873 posts
Have Undertaker win it. Don't know if he has yet or not. I'd definatly watch more Smackdown if it was building to a UT/Batista feud.

Stu

Stu

Resident Super Villian

• Members
  • 614 posts

SSD:
Or maybe Maria could win the royal rumble as a last entry and face Cena or Batista at WM22 for his title. In the end, Maria could come on top in the most brutal, bloody and disgusting beatdown of Batista's career. It would finally make a female champ and finally fix WWE's storylines. It would also bring some sexy storylines into the mix. I'm dead serious. It would make the bggest WM ever with  the most buyrates in PPV history (about 2 billion).

Yea, I bet you are serious...

As for Taker winning the Rumble, guy he's beyond that. Taker is an attraction now, not a main eventer. WWE is going to use him to suppliment the card, not highlight it because of his gimmick and because of his past.

Taker can not, and will not play a normal gimmick ever again, we wanted Biker Taker gone, and he is, but now everyone wants him to play like a wrestler again. It doesn't work that way. Taker will go into a high profile fued and bow out at Wrestlemania.

As for WM opponents, either HHH, Angle or Michaels, but that's pretty much it. His lst match, IMO, won't be to put anyone over, but to be a top draw match.

Takerfan88

Takerfan88

• Members
  • 178 posts
i hope it is Angle. that would be a match i'd never forget.

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
I'm about 90% sure that Randy Orton will win the Royal Rumble. I love his recent matches with Benoit, but he needs to win the last one clean.

The "you owe me one" angle is great. If Orton can rack up those favors, then he could have a VERY interesting title riegn this year.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Okay...1/09, and here are our first Rumble confirmations:

Participants:

- Chavo Guerrero
- Shelton Benjamin
- Rob Van Dam
- Triple H
- Kane

- Edge defends the WWE Title against John Cena

Also, it seems Edge has his plate full with Flair as well. That makes it look like he could easily drop the belt again, and I hope that's not the case.

I'm sure we'll get more participants for the Royal Rumble tomorrow night at Smackdown tapings, in which case I'll post them with the appropriate spoiler tags.

On a related note, both Kid Kash (broken arm) and Batista (possible torn muscle) aren't likely for participating in the Rumble PPV in any capacity unless it's in a speaking role for Kash and unless we get good news on Batista.

Clinicly Insane

Clinicly Insane

• Members
  • 492 posts
Kash broke his arm?

So, What do you folks think of Edge's first night as champ now? Good or Bad?

EDIT: Ignore the top; That's meant for the 1/9 section. By the way, you forgot this participant in the Royal Rumble:

Bobby Lashley

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests
Bad. The "torid sex" bit at the end just didn't feel right. I also thought it was strange the way Edge was playing heel and getting booed, then they show a sentimental video of his career. It just didn't feel right. I also didn't like how there was no mention of whether the spinner belt was going to be kept or not. Please don't tell me that is now the official WWE Title belt! Overall I was dissapointed with Raw tonight, but I didn't think it was a bad show. I just feel it didn't capitalize on the feel NYR ended with...

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Ah yes...I forgot about Lashley announcing his Royal Rumble candidacy - that would be because I fast forwarded through Smackdown this week, only stopping to see Kid Kash vs Juvi and Benoit vs Orton. wwe.com briefly mentioned it this weeked, but the news bit was quickly removed to make room for other, less newsworthy stuff.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,742 posts
I'm thinking Orton's gonna end up winning, and the last elimination will be Triple H. They have a lot of history as it is, so having them the last two could add for some drama. Plus, with Hunter not winning, he can go on a tirade the next night on RAW, which will lead to his likely title match at WM. I'd also like to see Orton eliminate the Undertaker (assuming he's in), even if their feud is over.

I'm with ivan about RVD drawing an early number (maybe not necessarily number 1, not all iron mans have to be number 1) and lasting a long time, and I'd like to see him and HBK teaming up a lot, and then Michaels turning on him and eliminating him, leading to a WrestleMania match.

I was expecting Masters to have a big showing at the Rumble, maybe even a Diesel of 94/Rikishi of 2000, but now I'm starting to think that if anyone dominates for that much time, it'll likely be Lashley. They're really high on that guy right now.

Actually, going back to Triple H, if for some reason he doesn't end up in a WrestleMania title match, I'd love to see him go up against Angle. You wouldn't even have to turn either of them face, the crowd would be into it even if they're both heels.

I think that's all I got for now. Man I love the Rumble.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Wasn't Flair drawn @ #3?

Thrawn33

Thrawn33

• Members
  • 2,873 posts
By Darth Krawlie:

quote:

Actually, going back to Triple H, if for some reason he doesn't end up in a WrestleMania title match, I'd love to see him go up against Angle. You wouldn't even have to turn either of them face, the crowd would be into it even if they're both heels.

I think the crowd would make Angle the face on that one. WWE can't make the fans hate Angle no matter how hard they try (ex: his promo at NYR: "France is my favorite country....I don't like black people....I'd make Jesus tap...ect") people will always cheer for him, he's just that...damn...good (sorry HHH, but in this case its true..its damn true). devil

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,742 posts

Exodus:
Wasn't Flair drawn @ #3?

Yep, in 92. And Austin won it as number 5 in 97.

But there's almost always an iron man in each rumble, even if they don't win. I was just saying they don't HAVE to be number 1 in order for it to mean anything.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Yeah, I remember the crowd rallying heavily behind Kane in the '01 Rumble for lasting all the way to the end with Austin after drawing #6. That could happen with Kane again given his current run.

Edge was in the final 3 last year after drawing pretty early as well.

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
Wasn't the thing about Flair's victory how long he was in the Rumble time wise, not what number he drew?

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
The rumble that year was for the vacated WWF title, and Flair wrestled for 60+ minutes to win. So yeah, it wasnt about his number, it was about the achievement and fortitude

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Back when there were two whole minutes between each entry...

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
What is there now? 30 seconds?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I'm not even sure anymore. One year recently it was every 90 seconds. Another year, every 60 seconds. I think that's where they've got it now, but I'm not entirely sure.

Takerfan88

Takerfan88

• Members
  • 178 posts
now that Batista is injured, will this effect the outcoming of the Rumble?

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests
I think it will. Orton was the man expected to win so that he could face Batista. Now I have no clue what they're planning...

Clinicly Insane

Clinicly Insane

• Members
  • 492 posts

Darth Krawlie:

Darth Krawlie:
Wasn't Flair drawn @ #3?

Yep, in 92. And Austin won it as number 5 in 97.

But there's almost always an iron man in each rumble, even if they don't win. I was just saying they don't HAVE to be number 1 in order for it to mean anything.

Iron men of the Royal Rumble:

2005: Benoit and Edge; Edge entered #7, and Benoit entered #2, surviving to the final six.

2004: Benoit and Orton; They entered numbers 1 and 2, respectively.

2003: Chris Jericho and Rob Van Dam; Jericho lasted from #2 to after the #26 entry. RVD entered #12 and lasted to the final five.

2002: None. Men were getting thrown out so quickly nobody could be an Iron Man.

2001: Kane(#6)

2000: Rikishi(#5) or Test(#10)

1999: Vince McMahon

On down.....

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
I miss Test! That's just another example of the WWE not knowing what to do with it's talent. No one could throw a big boot like that guy...and NO, I'm NOT a Testicle. no-no

Stu

Stu

Resident Super Villian

• Members
  • 614 posts
THANKYOU! I think he could have been used ten times better, but no one here agrees.

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests
That big boot was vicious, I thought the future looked bright for him. Then they made him lose to Scotty 2 Hotty! I hear he's thinking about going to TNA...

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts

Stu:
THANKYOU!  I think he could have been used ten times better, but no one here agrees.

I've said it a billion times, just not recently. What's worst is how they released him while injured after having guaranteed him his job security.