Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Royal Rumble

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

Laxman

Laxman

• Members
  • 131 posts
Hey Takerfan, as ur brother I'm gunna hav 2 go with you on that one. Taker should deffinitly win. i mean this whole taker-orton feud is really gettin old. I think they should hurry up and end it with undertaker kickin the tar outa randy orton and beginning a new feud with Batista, or someone who can at least compeat with the dead man. Everyone else who would make a good feud with him is on RAW.

I think it would be kool if they went back to the old Taker-Angle feud they had a few years ago but I guess we'll just have to wait for another couple of months until after wrestemania when S-down and RAW trade again.

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts

Laxman:
Hey Takerfan, as ur brother I'm gunna hav 2 go with you on that one. Taker should deffinitly win. i mean this whole taker-orton feud is really gettin old. I think they should hurry up and end it with undertaker kickin the tar outa randy orton and beginning a new feud with Batista, or someone who can at least compeat with the dead man. Everyone else who would make a good feud with him is on RAW.

I think you're biased toward 'Taker just a lil' bit, because he's obviously your favourite wrestler.

Randy/UT has been one of the highlights of this year for me, so I wouldn't say that Randy cant compete against UT, but that HiaC should have been the cut-off point (I think it was).

Stu

Stu

Resident Super Villian

• Members
  • 614 posts
Yea, Orton/Taker lasted just long enough IMO. I would have been a little turned off by the "Taker's in my head promos" by Orton if I didn't know the end as coming.

It got Orton over pretty well I reckon, I just can't imagine where Taker goes from here. Honestly, I'd like to see another HHH/Taker fued.

As for Kane winning the strap, hell yea, but don't have him wear it long. It'd rule to see Kane take the win. Then, Edge could cash in his contract, saying he owned Kane for the middle part of 2005 and go on to beat Kane for the title, and have Big Show inadvertantly cost Kane the match.

Then lead Kane/Show fued into WM with Edge possibly losing the strap right before WM, or going into WM with it.

Takerfan88

Takerfan88

• Members
  • 178 posts
everyone's a little biased toward their favorite wrestler. it doesn't mean that a wrestlemania main event with Taker in it would be a bad thing.

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
The only way a Taker fued in WM would be any good is if he actually lost to someone. Unfortunately, he won't give up his perfect record at WM, so the match will be over before it starts. Personally, I hope Taker stays out of WM. I was always a fan of his, but he really needs to retire soon.

SSD

SSD

• Banned Users
  • 63 posts
Edge will NEVER win the title at WM22. Its too good for him and He doesn't have the "threat" status for winning the title.Right now, hes wrestling for the Intercontinental title which isn't much. He is riding off the Lita-Matt issue that occured in his PERSONAL life which is supposed to be PRIVATE. He should lose the briefcase to someone or cash it in at Royal Rumble and lose and then come wrestle for the title after the WWE has polished and tweaked Edge for WWE Championship credibility.

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
There is NO WAY they would build the "Money in the Bank" hype for a whole year, then have him lose in a throw-away match. Nope, Edge will start his title reign either at WM22 or the night after.

SSD

SSD

• Banned Users
  • 63 posts
Triple H deserves to be in the main event for RAW because he has experience that could help him push Cena into Legendary status. Edge has no main event experience and would put on a B rate main event for RAW at WM22 making WM22 a crappy one. I know people hate him because he has connections with the McMahon but he has helped RAW dominate in the rating in the 21st century and deserve recognition as one of the greatest heels of ALL TIME. In ten years or so, he will get standing ovations as big as the ones given to Hogan.

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
Naw, Edge was hyped last year as being "screwed" over too many times, starting with Taboo Tuesday. Edge won the "Money in the Bank" match and waited patiently for a YEAR.

A whole year! If he doesn't start his title reign at WM22 it will be a HUGE slap in the face to Edge and his potential. I think he's ready to hold the strap and usher in a new era of "HHH-Level" heel status. Edge is fresh and ready to take on younger new-coming faces from OVW.

Unfortunately, I think HHH is starting to wind-down a little in his career. I was (and still am) a huge fan of HHH, but I don't want to see him as champion for a while.

SSD

SSD

• Banned Users
  • 63 posts
Edge is too young and is STILL riding off of the publicity he had with Matt and Lita. He is better as a upper- midcarder than anything else.

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
It wasn't too long ago that Edge was in Chris Masters' position. He was even involved in an Elimination Chamber match a couple of years ago. (wasn't he?)

He was ready to be pushed even before this Hardy crap happened. They just used that to further the boost and secure his heel status.

Stu

Stu

Resident Super Villian

• Members
  • 614 posts

SSD:
Edge is too young and is STILL riding off of the publicity he had with Matt and Lita. He is better as a upper- midcarder than anything else.

First, welcome to the Arena. Second, I respect you opinion, but I completely disagree. Edge has been on the verge of main event status since before the WCW invasion started. Constantly they have pushed him back and made him wait.

IC title fued in 2001 with Christian and Test and such. Edge won the IC-US title unifiction match because the front office wanted him to gain credability for his push. Then they wanted him to fued with Lesnar for the title after WM20, but his neck problems.

Then the idea was for Edge to win the title from Orton, but that reign fell flat, so HHH took it. And since then, WWE has told him to be patient, that they were building Cena, and then Edge would win it with his title shot.

So when you think that Edge isnt ready, think about if he won the title back around the Invasion time when Jericho first did. I've always been a mark for him, but now I admit he wasnt ready until his heel turn a year and a half ago, and this money in the bank shot is all he needed. Like it or not, Edge is going to be a top guy, and his title reign is coming.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I wouldn't mind seeing 'Taker/Orton/Batista as the Smackdown main event myself, with 'Taker going over and retiring on top - then Orton and Batista could battle it out for the vacated title, or Smackdown could have it's own version of the Gold Rush Tournament.

As for Raw, I really like the idea discussed in another thread about Cena beating Hunter at WM22, then being challenged and beaten by Edge the next night on Raw.

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
I bet Taker destroys the Boogeyman at Wrestlemania, keeping the streak in tact.

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
...Or, as an upset, the Boogeyman defeates Taker at WM making it the fastest and most undeserved push in history...it could happen!

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
At the least, it looks like Boogeyman/JBL is probably on for Royal Rumble. The question is...why?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,764 posts
probably just to give them both something to do

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I just got done reading a rumor over at impactwrestling.com that suggests the only reason for the rivalry is so that Boogeyman can bite off the thing on Jillians face.

shrug

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
Wow! If that's true it's an incredibly dumb thing to do. I love it when creative (Steph) comes up with a dumb idea then has to write it out of the story to get rid of it...

Stephanie: What should we do with this new Diva we called up from OVW?

WWE Lacky: I know! We'll put a nasty sore on her face so she doesn't look prettier than you.

Stephanie: I LIKE IT!!!

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
That's funny, because I've seen Jillian and Stephanie compared and some say they look very similar. Of course the huge accumulation of butt crust on Jillians face takes care of all that, but I'm sure that wasn't the objective...

...(braces for apologist flaming) or was it? I mean since WWE can't confuse people with too many "Stevens" and Regal has to go by "William" Regal. I don't know.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,838 posts
Not to mention Shane Helms going by Gregory Helms for WWE when not as the Hurricane. I'm sure I know more instances of this type of thing, too, but I just can't remember them right now.

Clinicly Insane

Clinicly Insane

• Members
  • 492 posts
Participants:

Bobby Lashley

SSD

SSD

• Banned Users
  • 63 posts
I'd also like to see Orton/Batista/Taker, but WWE won't want to repeat something seen two years earlier(triple threat). Maybe if they added another wrester (fatal-four) such as Rey or JBL.It would be nice to finally see Taker's streak in so much trouble and making people buy PPV to see what happens. Oh yeah, Taker wins Royal Rumble to traditionally win the title going through the 'road to wrestlemania' thing.

SSD

SSD

• Banned Users
  • 63 posts
Or maybe Maria could win the royal rumble as a last entry and face Cena or Batista at WM22 for his title. In the end, Maria could come on top in the most brutal, bloody and disgusting beatdown of Batista's career. It would finally make a female champ and finally fix WWE's storylines. It would also bring some sexy storylines into the mix. I'm dead serious. It would make the bggest WM ever with the most buyrates in PPV history (about 2 billion).

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts

Jacen:
Not to mention Shane Helms going by Gregory Helms for WWE when not as the Hurricane.  I'm sure I know more instances of this type of thing, too, but I just can't remember them right now.   :(

what has he been doing anyway?