Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chris Jericho leaves WWE

26 replies to this topic

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

quote:

From Jericho's official website:

"I eventually had my first match on Oct 2, 1990 in Ponoka, Alberta�.and on August 22, 2005 in Hampton, Virginia, I had my last match. For now. Yes it's true. After months of speculation and rumors and numerous decoys and red herrings being thrown about, the official news from the boss man (me) is that I am leaving the WWE." Jericho noted that after wrestling for 15 years, he was mentally burnt out and that he is a "goal oriented person who thrives on a challenge and I'm not challenged by wrestling at this point in time," noting that he has accomplished everything he ever wanted to do in the business.

Well...gotta say I'm kinda surprised. I fully expected that his departure was just a break, even when the rumors of him leaving first started. I certainly wish the guy the best but really hope he decides to come back at some point.

Knowing that he's gone for good though makes me wish he got a better send-off than the one he got on Raw last Monday, however.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

*enter amusing member title*

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
I thought he was just taking time out to tour with Fozzy. He will be missed. He might come back later, but after reading what he wrote I doubt it.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
See, for some reason, I knew in my mind that this wasn't just a break. Thats why i Was kinda ticked for his last moment on RAW to be him begging for his job. thumbs_d

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• Moderators
  • 27,292 posts
Jericho likes to stir the pot, so who knows what we should make of this being on the homepage of his site...

Posted Image

shrug

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
that's on his homepage?

EDIT: I checked, then laughed my head off for a while. Carry on.

Exodus

Exodus

• Moderators
  • 27,292 posts
If the site I'm on is actually his site. I think it is. http://www.chrisjericho.com/ Yup, looks like it. But again, he knows how internet fans react to everything & I wouldn't put it past him to do this just for a reaction if he truly feels there is nothing left for him to accomplish in wrestling.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,923 posts
Now I feel bad for not caring about his final feud.

Exodus

Exodus

• Moderators
  • 27,292 posts
I figured it was just a break. It may still turn out to be just that in the end, but for now it looks like we're about to lose one of WWEs' most consistent performers for the last 6 years

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,923 posts
Think on the bright side, HHH will be comming back soon. All is saved!

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
it's gone now.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,038 posts
Jericho loves to work over people on his site. He has done it several times.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
I seriously doubt he'll be gone for longer than 2 years..

Clinicly Insane

Clinicly Insane

• Members
  • 492 posts
God Speed Chris. Wish you luck with Fozzy.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• 34,141 posts
Jericho will be back in the WWE in 2006. I don't have much doubt about that.

But if he really IS done, then god****ingdamnit that sucks.

Thrawn33

Thrawn33

• Members
  • 2,873 posts
Damn, that really sucks if he truly is gone. He deserves better than to go out like a b*#ch. Here's hoping that its only temporary.

Sir Auron

Sir Auron

• Members
  • 1,072 posts
I'm sort of happy that he decided to leave as he was used so poorly in the WWE that is was really hard to watch a talented performer like him flounder. Even in main events you knew he was going to job. I hope he eventually signs with TNA and gets a prompt title push.

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts
Yeah, Jericho is/was my favorite wrestler so if he's actually done then i'm pretty pissed.

Stu

Stu

Resident Super Villian

• Members
  • 614 posts
Ok I REAAALLLLYYY don't understand how "shocking" this all is.

Jericho desides to take time off. Yea? So? Is he gone from the WWE? Technically, yea, but because he didn't want to resign. And I can't blame him. Without missing so much as a month, he's been wrestling non stop for them for 6 years. He's been trying to get his band over for almost as long.

The guy loves his music, so he'll take time to try and succeed in music the way he did in wrestling.

Add on top of that the numerous comments the guy has made about hating the internet. Aside from Trips, I think Jericho is the most outspoken of "armchair bookers". The guy is playing games.

Whether it happens with his band, or whether it doesn't, I'm confident that he will return to WWE. Not in two years, probably not even one. I'm confident he'll be back shortly after WM next year.

Bank on it.

Thrawn33

Thrawn33

• Members
  • 2,873 posts
If WWE really wanted to screw with us and keep us guessing, they'd probably cover time off due to injury, rest, ect. as firings, politics, and retirements.

For all we know, Jerico's "retirement" could be a cover for his vacation time.

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
Things keep popping up on Jerhico's. Today there was a picture of the Jerhico logo over the TNA logo.

Jerhico wants to spend time with his family, his band and try some acting. He could go to TNA, but from all reports he has said he wasn't and in the long term going to TNA will hurt him since he will burn a bridge with Vince (see Matt Hardy). I expect he'll be back in WWE, likely on Smackdown and be a top player on that show for years.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I'm fairly certain the TNA stuff is just Chris working the fans over a bit. Now that I know from you guys that he does a lot of that at his website, perhaps he's working us when he says he's quitting too, though. Either way I hope he comes back at some point.

Exodus

Exodus

• Moderators
  • 27,292 posts

Master Pimp:
Things keep popping up on Jerhico's. Today there was a picture of the Jerhico logo over the TNA logo.

This one...

Posted Image

...but bigger

--

Jericho definitely won't be in TNA. If he doesn't return to WWE, TNA won't be one of the reasons. He has been one of the most outspoken about the talents' frustrutions w/ storyline writers, the glass ceiling, & underutilization of himself & many others. Taking that into consideration, I don't see him returning to WWE unless they show him that they appreciate him enough to make him upper tier/world title front-runner. And personally, I don't think they have enough faith in him as a solid draw to do that...not now, anyway, but after some time off they may change their minds. Solid in-ring workers like him don't come a dime a dozen, and there won't be anymore projects straight out of the Stu Hart dungeon anymore.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,923 posts
Yet he was known to stick up for HHH, always seemed weird since he was so critical on wwe's administration.

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
it's a shame that Y2J has left... I already have his album, get back in the ring!

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
I will truly miss Jericho..he did some of the best promos I've ever seen. I wish I could see he fight Rey one more time

Reply to this topic