Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SmackDown vs. RAW 2006

• Please log in to reply
545 replies to this topic

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

*enter amusing member title*

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
Another way to hit any finisher from behind. Run at them and when you get near them press Square. This will take you behind them and you can hit them so the go groggy-ish. Hit the Angle Slam from there and get the pin.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
You only just figured that out Ex? Its been driving me nuts because I always press left or right to do running grapples and end up behind them!

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Yeah because I've been doing it my way or the way Stuckinarut mentioned. I was never big on running grapples until I started using Edge more often because he's got the spear. Now I use them often with whomever I wrestle with.

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
You can also throw your oponent into the corner and then do a non-directional running strike(meaning not pressing any direction) at them. Most of the wrestlers, and I believe Angle is included, have a turnbuckle clothesline as their default non-directional turnbuckle strike. This will cause the oponent to walk out of the corner groggy and sets u up perfectly for the back finisher. The best way however is the left or right running grapple.

On a side note, I really wish I could play online. My friends and I play every day and I am the best of the group. Especially lately, I've been winning a very high percentage of the matches. I would love to see how I match up against you guys. Unfortunately for me, I live in a college dorm, and I need a router to be able o play through the school's network.

Roky2k6

Roky2k6

• Banned Users
  • 29 posts
any1 got a cheat for your roster not to get injured in GM mode?

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
Why would you want to cheat? Surely that takes away all the fun

Nobak

Nobak

• Members
  • 120 posts
Well, the computer does use that cheat...

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I got bored with having an entire roster of popular wrestlers and started from scratch with no legends. It's a little rough at first, but it's fun because I've got guys on my new roster that I wasn't able to get before and I have to get them over.

Cronker

Cronker

• Members
  • 206 posts
Been playing HCtP recently because it came bundled with SDvR2K6. I agree that the Season mode is way better than the SDvR titles, but I have some major beefs about it:

1: You can squash your opponent with Smackdowns and beat them till the claret runs, yet they just get up and reverse you like they're as fresh as a daisy!!!

2: The fing referree keeps getting in the way, making you change focus automatically and thwarting your moves. This never seems to affect the opponent.

3: I keep getting "Ropebreaks" when the opponent is clearly not in the ropes

4: Although there is a roster of 20 guys to play with in the season, all my runs seems to be with the same 3 or 4 opponents. If I have to squash the Undertaker one more fing time I'm gonna smash something!!!

Your thoughts?

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
I also dislike how I can do a finisher and the opponent ends up near the ropes. The referee comes over to make the pin and 8 times out of 10, he pushes the wrestlers forward oh so slightly so they cause a rope break. Also, the guys get up too quickly after a rope break in my opinion. They need to take a bit longer, depending on their damage levels.

Takerfan88

Takerfan88

• Members
  • 178 posts
i don't think that they did these things on purpose, i think it's just a problem with the programing.

Guest_Zolerous_*

Guest_Zolerous_*
  • Guests
Any1 kno if it's possible to use more than 30 CAWS in GM Mode?

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Why the hell would you want to?

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
How the hell do you have more than 30 CAWs?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
My recent beefs:

- Big Show is a weakling in this game. I mean yeah I can get an opponent in the red easily in like a minute and a half, but the chokeslam is uber weak - Hassan kicked out of two of them yesturday while having a red torso. Needless to say I didn't like that very much

- Sylvans finisher - a freakin' DDT? Bleh. I add a new dynamic to his matches by making myself earn two finishers and using the dirty heel moves as his match finishers, as well as illegal pins. I've almost totally built him from the ground up, but I've got a little ways to go

- More jipping of Raw...they got HBK in the draft, which I thought sucked, so I traded Lita away for Danny Basham, let his contract expire, then signed Mick Foley. I ran an Undertaker/Foley program and it worked beautifully, culminating in a 5-star Hell in a Cell foir the World Heavyweight Title. So right when that rivalry ended, I traded Foley (with 3 weeks left on his contract) to Raw for HBK (12 weeks left on his contract). What's funny is that the computer totally misuses legends. They stuck Foley in undercard matches with Olrlando Jordan and the like immediately instead of having him main event, so his 92 popularity totally went to waste while I started an HBK/'Taker feud (which will also culminate in Hell in a Cell :D )

- Maybe I should have known this, but I didn't - you can continue a rivalry if A) you ave the two people on a tag team together, or B) you have hte two people together in a handicap match on the same side. That has worked wonderes for me! I had Eddie and Angle feuding, and wanted to raise their popularity, so I had them win the tag titles and defend them while they were feuding. It worked, raising their popularity near 90, so I've repeated the process with Benoit/Jericho. Whenever I wanna raise the popularity of two guys in a rivalry instead of compromising ones popularity to increase that of the other, now I simply book a handicap match or a tag team match so they can continue their rivalry while both gaining popularity

Nobak

Nobak

• Members
  • 120 posts
I'm a bit surprised you didn't know, considering I started doing that after I implemented your idea of using Handicap matches to maximize popularity gain.

What I'd do is take 2 feuds and do a 3-on-1.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
That's exactly what I'm doing. What I would do is just use two guys feuding in the match on opposite sides, and use two guys in need of a boost on the 3-man side. Only recently have I started using two rivalries in the same handicap match.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
I made some good CAWs yesterday. I never knew Matt Hardy's moveset was in the game. Saved me a lot of bother. AJ Styles looks good too. I'll put this in as well for a comedy CAW, but Austin has already seen it in a PM.

CHUCK NORRIS!!!!

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
I played it on the PSP the otehr day. And what quality! Controls are a little sensitive, but great graphics and speed.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I'm just dying to rent a PSP and its SvR counterpart so I can have Jake Roberts

some-guy

some-guy

Dancing for Rain

• Members
  • 1,794 posts
I have a PSP, not S.V.R. but man PSP's are worh the money.