Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SmackDown vs. RAW 2006

• Please log in to reply
545 replies to this topic

frizank

frizank

• Members
  • 3 posts
Title shot, what else? one downside to having everyone in my roster in the nineties or higher is that they ALL want title shots!! i try to do fatal four ways and even battle royals to please a group of people all at once. but don't let anyone stay upset at you for too long-they will jump to the other show which is a HUGE ratings boost for the other show. this happened to me a few times when i first started playing a couple of seasons ago.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

*enter amusing member title*

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
I did win GM Mode in my first season, but the trophy for winning it isn't in the cabinet. Anyone know why?

Takerfan88

Takerfan88

• Members
  • 178 posts
make sure you saved it. that happened to me to, and i had to play the last month over again. still won though.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
I did save it, because I have my full roster after the trades (I got Cena, Kane and Orton) and I'm on the first show after WM. Strange...

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Maybe you did save your season, hence the season changes, but maybe you have to save your own personal updated profile in order to save the trophy in your locker room.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
Ah, thats probably what I should have done...too late now I guess. Another season of GM mode awaits me, just so I can get the damn trophy and show off to my friends who are failiures at it.

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests
Does anybody know how to unlock the Legend Challenges? I've completed every challenge up to the Legend level but it didn't unlock the Legend level.

Also, how do I face the Undertaker in a Buried Alive Match in the SmackDown season? I've played through the entire SD season and never even saw the Undertaker.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

ogpapasmurf:
Does anybody know how to unlock the Legend Challenges? I've completed every challenge up to the Legend level but it didn't unlock the Legend level.

Also, how do I face the Undertaker in a Buried Alive Match in the SmackDown season? I've played through the entire SD season and never even saw the Undertaker.

Oh! I had this first time around.

Errrm, lose in the diva fued you get first time, then you should get something to do with Taker interefereing in all your matches, partner with Eddie when he tells you he has the urn, then break with him later on and you'll face Taker and win the urn.

I think.

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
Yeah, that's right.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
I got the Taker storyline and won the Diva thingy as well.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Well thats just you isn't it.

I know I lost to Orlando Jordan, thats for sure. Damn you JBL!

Austin

Austin

Some say...

• 6,788 posts
I got sent down to Velocity, simulated the match, and lost to Jindrak. MARK ****ING JINDRAK! Grrr.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,942 posts
I've been looking at all the fun you guys seem to be having, especially with GM mode and finally bought the game off Amazon even though I don't have a PS2. So I'll get a few months of fun out of this game hopefully before having to sell it back.

Damn you guys for getting me to spend 50 bucks. :mad: :P

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts

Austin:
I got sent down to Velocity, simulated the match, and lost to Jindrak. MARK ****ING JINDRAK! Grrr.

*cough*Loser*cough*

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts

Jacen:
I've been looking at all the fun you guys seem to be having, especially with GM mode and finally bought the game off Amazon even though I don't have a PS2.  So I'll get a few months of fun out of this game hopefully before having to sell it back.

Damn you guys for getting me to spend 50 bucks.   :mad:     :P  

I think you're gonna love it. But then again, I'm not sure because you probably aren't familiar with the Smackdown! series as a whole.

I've been there since day 1. I play and played and played the original to death, creating CAW's and going through season mode with everyone from Austin, Rock, and Undertaker to Faarooq, Chyna, and Test. I'll never forget playing with my HBK CAW compiled of Tests head, Billy Gunns upper body, and X-Pacs lower body laugh

Once you get past whatever you aren't familiar with, I truly think you'll enjoy it.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,942 posts
Yeah. The game seems pretty cool from what you've all said, although I'm not sure how I'll like the controls as I'm really used to the Day of Reckoning system, which I think is phenomenal. However, it sounds like the system is at least somewhat similar and it's got to be better, certainly, than many of the games I've played.

Hopefully, it'll get here tomorrow.

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests

Jacen:
I'm not sure how I'll like the controls as I'm really used to the Day of Reckoning system, which I think is phenomenal.

They really did do a great job on "Day Of Reckoning". Easily the best wrestling game I've played since "No Mercy", but still not better than "No Mercy". No game has passed "No Mercy" yet, which I think is retarded! Why don't they just take the "No Mercy" control system, give it "Day Of Reckonings" graphics, and "SmackDown's" match selection? Now that would be a game!

As far as the controls on SD are concerned, I'm not sure if you'll like them compared to DOR. However, SD has enough other things, like GM Mode and title belts in exhibition matches to redeem what the controls lack.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,942 posts
Yeah. That's what I've been thinking because the games definitely do have things that look interesting to me, this one especially. I'm looking forward to GM mode so much because it seems like what I've been wanting from a wrestling game for ages. I'm sure I'll have tons of fun with the matches, though. Hell, I even used to have fun cranking out some good matches on some of the crappy games, like the Wrestlemania X8 for the GCN. I'm sure I'll have a blast with this.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,942 posts
So I got it yesterday and didn't have tons of time to play because of classes. I've probably played about 10 matches so far I think. My initial thoughts are as follows:

-The controls are okay. I still definitely prefer the DoR system, but this is a pretty good setup. My main problems are with finishers and reversals. With a lot of the wrestlers, the game seems really picky as to when and where I can use my finishing move, which is definitely pissing me off. My problem with the reversals is more of a personal issue because I'm used to other games where L is for grapples and R is for strikes. In act, it's been that way in every other series I'vep layed I think, with the exception perhaps of Legends of Wrestling. Hopefully, I'll get better control of these soon.

-The graphics are amazing. I think that speaks for itself.

-The Eliminaion Chamber. Fun match, but the computer kept acting like Spider-Man climbing up the walls all the time. Better than it not making use of the feature at all, I guess. MY main problem is the camera. It's all over the pace in there and with the metal and cable frame, things get confusing in a hurry when it zooms out. Maybe there's a way to change this? I dunno.

-The other little bells and whistles I've sene so far blow my mind, like wrestlers being in the ring during each other's entrances.

-The commentating. This is the first wrestling game I've played with commentating in it, I think. It's still fun for now since I've barely played the game, but I'm sure it'll get old soon enough.

-The stamina system. I love this. This reminds me a lot of FirePro, especially compared to DoR's, which sometimes pisses me off because it just regenerates on its own slowly and sometimes gets me into big trouble.

It's been a pretty good experience so far, but I have barely even scratched the surface. I haven't looked at season mode, GM Mode, create-a-wrestler, or anything other than exhibition matches since I haven't really had a chance yet and because I wanted to get used to the game system and controls before I tried anything else.

I'm still thinking now that if they combined DoR's control system with SvR's bells and whistles and features, wrestling game perfection would just about be reached.

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
You should really check out CAW.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
You know what really annoys me. In GM mode whenever you have a Ladder match the computer always sets it up and climbs it for no reason at all.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
My beefs for today, because I did play for a bit this morning:

- Computer-controlled tag team partners. I like the fact that you can choose to have them either attack the legal man on the other team or his partner - but half the time he's too damn slow. When working as Tag Champs Benoit and Bret, I have a system down where just as I'm in mid-air for the Diving Headbutt, I have Bret run over and knock the other guy off the apron. The timing usually works well, but sometimes it's not so good and the computer parnter just goes and walks around instead of the designated function

- Referees - GAH!!! More times than I care to remember, the referee gets in the way and forces you to accidentally hit him. And of course if he does it too many times, you get DQ'ed. What really sucks is when I'm Jericho, because the idiot ref gets in the way as I'm trying to do the Lionsault and when I land the move, I knock the ref over. Fortunately, I always use Jericho as a heel so I just go grab a chair or go get the title belt off the annouce table devil

- I've busted my ass to get to where I am with so many popular wrestlers in GM mode - how did Raw, the other show, replicate my success so closely? And how is it that the other how never has Content/Unhappy/Upset/Furious talent? Always happy, and I've watched - they stick strictly to the rivalry 99.9% of the time while I'm struggling to make Rock/Austin/Christian/Jericho/Mankind/etc all happy at once in the middle of my Edge/Batista World Heavyweight Title rivalry. It sucks! What's worse about higher popularity is that you can't shut people up anymore with US Title shots, Tag Title shots, or CW title shots unless they win because 90+ popularity means they want a World Heavyweight Title shot. Even still, the US Champ (Orton) or even the CW Champ (RVD) will sometimes complain about wanting a title shot - YOU'VE GOT A TITLE YOU DAMN TWERP! Cruiserweights are better about their complaints - even if they're popular, they'll settle for CW Title shots. This even works for upper-tier CW's or Lightheavyweights like HBK, RVD, Flair, and Christian.

- The other show takes certain wrestlers and literally SITS a title on them and never defends it. I want to trade for Angle (IC) and JBL (tag), but they never defend their titles so I can't trade for them since they never lose their belts

- Finally, I've got the other show financially reeling while saving myself loads of money! After they re-signed Ric Flair (popularity 93) to a long-term deal for 12 months at the max payrate, I traded Hogan (popularity 94) and his contract w/ only a week remaining to Raw for Flair - and they couldn't afford to resign Hogan! Meanwhile, I picked up Flair AND his 12-month contract that Raw payed for and now I can use the money I'll save for other things - now THAT was slick thinking if I do indeed say so! I had already unlocked/signed Hollywood Hogan to replace modern Hogan and released Jimmy Hart, so they settled for Jimmy Hart from the free agent wire instead of Hogan laugh devil But now, money is so bad for Raw that they couldn't afford to re-up the contracts of the unpopular and low salary Steven Richards and Danny Basham. I'm suspicious because there's still enough money for the to book Iron Man matches and the like, but the roster moves clearly show that the AI can and will take a hit in the pocket book when trying to compete. I accidentally lost Randy Orton to free agency, and they couldn't afford to pick him up before I noticed he was a free agent so I got him right back, used a debut promo to hype his return, and put the US Title on him.

MAN you guys I love this game!

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,942 posts
Okay, I've been playing Season Mode as Angle. I like the fact that you can just skip some matches or just DQ youself to get out of really obnoxious matches, like facing Jordan and the Basham Brothers with RVD as your partner.

I don't like the hit detection when multiple wrestlers are involved. OR I guess I should say that I don't like that if I suplex someone into someone else, nothing happens. That's one of the things that I love about DoR. It just ends up so chaotic in the ring sometimes and adds an extra layer of strategy in, using people as weapons against each other.

I still can't figure out what the hell is up with some of the finishers, like I can never seem to be able to do the Angle Slam, so I end up almost always having to try to win by Submission, which s pretty damn tough to do in triple threats and tag matches.

I like the voice-overs for season mode. I know it limits what can be done, but with GM Mode, which I have yet to have time to actually get into, that doesn't bug me. Hearing the wrestlers actually adds a lot that I didn't think about because I was used to just the text from DoR. Same with the commentators. Some of the stuff is already old, but it sounds pretty good.

I'm loving the game, other than my few complaints.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I just figured something out Jacen, and you should love it.

- Run towards your opponent
- When you get to them, hold left or right and tap circle as if doing a running grapple move - it initiates a go-behind in which your opponent is groggy
- BAM - Angle Slam!

I've been going to the outside and tripping people up, then coming in behind them in order to hit my go-behind finishers. But now this simplifies things so much :D yes

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,942 posts
hmmm...since I'm still getting a hang of timing and everything, I don't know how well I'll be able to pull that off, but I'll certainly give that a try. Thanks. thumbs_u