Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SmackDown vs. RAW 2006

• Please log in to reply
545 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Remember these handy tips:

- main event hype often results in no loss of popularity, either two gains or one gain and one level out
- successful title defenses = easy way to boost popularity
- champs losing non-title matches usually doesn't result in a loss of popularity, especially if they're 90+
- handicap matches are easy ways to push people to the top while riding more popular wrestlers coat tails
- never forget to hype your PPV, your PPV main eventers will all get boosted popularity win or lose if you hype your PPV the show before

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
Ex, that is some solid advice.

I feel for ya, Stuck. My Gargan CAW got sidelined for 14 weeks, too. I kept him active to maintain his popularity, because I was building him up for a World Title win, but it was a pain the ass.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
If you're looking to acquire somebody in the low 80 high 70 range, send over a mid-upper 60 and a diva in the same range...that is, if you're Smackdown and competing against Raw. Divas work for great trade bait when you're dealing with Raw. I would also guess that if you're Raw and competing with Smackdown, the same could also be said of Smackdown taking cruiserweight bait as well.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 35,442 posts
BUT WWHAT ABOUT IRISH WHIPS

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
To perform a succesful Irish whip remember to CLOSE BASTDOORS Tank.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

*enter amusing member title*

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
You'll just have to learn won't you...
Gargan, it's real bad losing the CAW for so long, but this has happened to me before. After Survivor Series, he got injured for 6 weeks and was only back in time for NYR and won the title in the chamber just as I had planned beforehand. Trips got injured in that and was back a week before No Way Out. And to think, at the start of the month, I was bragging to all of my friends that my worst injury had been for 2 weeks...how times change.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Took me a long time to get used to the new irish whips, but I was finally able to get it under control. Why they had to make it triangle+circle is beyond me.

If you screw up and initiate a grapple when you go for an irish whip, just try the irish whip again from within the grapple. Once you can see that you've got the irish whip on the way, then choose the direction in which you want to throw them.

Nobak

Nobak

• Members
  • 120 posts
I'm getting into the third season as well.

I made a trade prior to the draft, Eugene (93) and Edge (88) for Ric Flair (96) and Chavo (50). I was looking to get rid of Eugene cause he had this huge temper tantrum about getting a title shot.

I had a pretty even draft again, losing Paul London (70), Joy Giovanni (7) and Sylvain Grenier (97), while getting Chris Masters (50), Stacy Keibler (81) and Muhammad Hassan (97) (Could've picked Trips at 99 but meh). Traded Stacy for Paul London and Scotty 2 Hotty, and I'm going to let Masters run out after jobbing some. Pretty much my entire roster is 90+ by now except London, Chavo and Scotty who are getting actively pushed. That leaves me one empty spot once Masters is gone. I'll probably bring in a silly Caw I made, "Mr. Fashion" Keith Ashen. He dresses funny.

I'm not feeling that much pressure from Raw. I just had my first PPV and almost had 5 stars across the board, the one exception being the 3-on-1 beatdown of Masters by my up-and-coming cruisers. For the first time ever I think, I had all 4 titles defended at the same time.

I think once I get tired of this GM game and delete, I'll add a new twist and actually book my PPV's ahead of time and build to them, instead of going with the flow as I do now.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 35,442 posts

Exodus:
If you screw up and initiate a grapple when you go for an irish whip, just try the irish whip again from within the grapple. Once you can see that you've got the irish whip on the way, then choose the direction in which you want to throw them.

OH!!!!

THANKS! that actually makes a lot of sense, cause I know you can whip post-grapple...

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Do you know about regular irish whips (pressing triangle+square) and strong irish whips (holding triangle+square)? A friend of mine could do the strong ones because it was easier for him to just hold both bottons down, and by working on his timing he eventually got the regular ones down to an art.

I'm used to making quick taps on two buttons at once because that's my method for applying/escaping submission moves.

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
I tried that way of getting out of submission moves. It works just as well as my method of mashing the four buttons like there's no tomorrow.
Does anyone know why the AI breaks your pin in the Elimination Chamber?

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Doesn't for me.

I almost have 1,000,000 more fans than Raw now, which is amazing because i was so far behind a couple of months ago. But Survivor Series and my other PPV reaslly skyrocketed my popularity.

Plus the fact that HHH has gone missing for them is helping too

Dante666

Dante666

• Members
  • 2 posts

Stuckinarut:

Does anyone know why the AI breaks your pin in the Elimination Chamber?

yeah that happens to me all the time, i had trouble getting the elimination chamber trophy like that

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
Is there a 2 player GM mode? That'd be awesome.

One player Raw and the other Smackdown!

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
You can make GM Mode 2 player. At the show thing at the start where you pick your show, you can put another controller on the other show and have a 2 player game.

Dante666

Dante666

• Members
  • 2 posts
in GM mode this was really weird must of been some sort of bug, but anyway i was about to release one of my wrestlers from my roster as i wanted someone new from the free agency, so when i released the wrestler i went to into the free agency and saw only 1 superstar and that was Paul London i went to the Add/Remove and i had everyone enabled after that i checked out the comps roster in the trade bit and the comp had signed all of the wrestlers that were in the free agency and had a total of 47! when the limit is 20 :S has this happend to anyone else?

frizank

frizank

• Members
  • 3 posts
check this out. this is after 4 seasons of gm mode. i am the man!!!!

http://i40.photobuck.../smackdown1.gif

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
That is actually really cool

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
It is indeed. I wish I ruled over the opponents, but I haven't played GM Mode for about a week. I still think I rule on it though.

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
With the keyword being 'think'

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
The most lopsided I've been able to get the ratings is like 6.5 to 3.5. That's in my 3rd year as GM and I've got two low popularity stars (Regal 73, Jimmy Hart 65) along with twelve or so at 90 or above and the rest in the 80's.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
I'm still in my first year :D

Resi Evil 4, Pro Evo and MAdden have been taking priority.

Still I'm pulling slowly away from Raw as I remember. I got 4.5 stars at SS for Edge beating HHH. Which is good because now they're losing ratings, fast.

frizank

frizank

• Members
  • 3 posts
i am about to begin my fifth season in GM mode. here is the top half of my roster. i have 7 people at 100 popularity and over 23 million dollars. my goal is to end the year with 25 million! the lowest popularity on my roster now is 94.

http://i40.photobuck...ids/season5.gif

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
why is shelton unsatisfied?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
He probably wants a title shot, a gripe that I get sick of...