Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SmackDown vs. RAW 2006

545 replies to this topic

Darth_Harry

Darth_Harry

• Members
  • 725 posts

Gargan:
The Smackdown Games get better and better each year. While last year's took away some good things, They have realised that and have added more stuff to it. This game will be class

Agreed

Thrawn33

Thrawn33

• Members
  • 2,873 posts
Looks good, I hope we get dynamic storylines out of this one.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
If there's a ton of uncounterable moves like last year & it's no fun to play online (IE unbeatable people w/ turbo controllers who can reverse all moves but have none of theirs reversed) then I won't be enjoying this game at all.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

Exodus:
If there's a ton of uncounterable moves like last year & it's no fun to play online (IE unbeatable people w/ turbo controllers who can reverse all moves but have none of theirs reversed) then I won't be enjoying this game at all.

They've made it back to Chain Wrestling once more, where you can reverse a reversal several times. Plus you can do situation moves, eg Chokeslam into Casket.

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
and chokeslam through the table/announcers table?
I always try to chokeslam people onto tables and things on SD vs RAW, and the table moves, or i suddenly jut back a pace and my opponent lands on the floor.

Darth_Harry

Darth_Harry

• Members
  • 725 posts
Yea. It should and will be a good game

Darth_Harry

Darth_Harry

• Members
  • 725 posts
There have been some more images added to the website than there used to be. About 5 more images, showing you close views of Randy Orton, delivering the RKO on Undertaker

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
Here they are:

Posted Image

I like how the blood now drips onto the body and not just the forehead.

Posted Image

That looks pretty cool. Cage matches should be alot better.

Posted Image

Edge looks dead on there.

Posted Image

And my personal favorite....

Posted Image

All of these look pretty good. They seem to be adding alot more realism and a big match feel to the game.

Release date: November 1, 2005.... I cant wait.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Posted Image

Oh. My. God.

devilofdarkness

devilofdarkness

The Angel of Death

• Members
  • 1,690 posts
sweet, right before my b-day, great 18th birthday present... birthday nov 12.....

nice pics from the game, i also love the flying headbutt

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
I find this one more impressive:

Posted Image

As it measn there will be grapple options for on top of the cage now. And quite good ones too.

BTW theres supposed to be a new reversal controls and now circle button will activate a grapple, not an irish whip, to do that you press triangle and circle.

More as I remember it

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
As far as gameplay goes that one is more impressive. But that headbutt looks majestic.

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
I saw the headbutt when Dh pointed out that there were new ones. I remember thinking to myself:
holy sh*t, if he did that in real life his head would come flying off

Darth_Harry

Darth_Harry

• Members
  • 725 posts

Gargan:
I saw the headbutt when Dh pointed out that there were new ones. I remember thinking to myself:
holy sh*t, if he did that in real life his head would come flying off

Lol. But, this game will without a debut, get my money and looks like it is going to be a great game, maybe game of the year, who knows!?

Paradisel

Paradisel

• Members
  • 2 posts
I really hope they fixed the season mode storylines. Hctp had enough storylines that you could play multiple "years" and still find a new story. I think I finally came across the last one on like my 7th.

SvsR had very limited storylines and even switching brands just gave you the same old storys with different characters. Very little imagination shown there imo.

The diva storylines were a great improvement. Having to "earn" each one. I was impressed but it seemed that was the only aspect they paid any attention to. Imo they should keep that aspect of it, and build on it, so if you "own" too many they begin to fight with each other.

The gameplay was improved but due to only having like 5 storylines the replay ability was simply stuck to the challenges since season mode was so pathetic.

Graphics look good, hopefully they work on a large selection of storylines, allow you to continue your season post westlemania (ending it there was stupid, especially since you could only win Trish at the very end), add more variety to Create a Wrestler (yes SvsR looked kinda more real but characters also looked kinda ugly, and downright stupid when smiling in cutscenes). I loved the look of my caw in hctp, though toony-ish, he still looked better then SvsR.

So Yukes if you are listening:

More storylines (tons + some that are brand specific)
Keep the "earn a diva" lines with sublines if you gain too many.
More effort into Caw, and DON'T let them smile in cutscenes.
Allow season to continue past wrestlemania.
Keep the challenges subgame. It was probably made more fun since season mode was so boring, but I think it still has it's own place.

Also one thing that really interested me from the WM 21 title for Xbox... I read that you actually start in the lowest teirs and have to work up. Building a char is fun, you shouldn't do it in just one season. Maybe look at some angle like that where you start as a no one and build up slowly before you even get offered a raw or smackdown contract (maybe have a match at your first wrestlemania where winning = contract and the you have to fight up through the ranks there).

my 2 and a half cents.

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
One thing I thought of for caws is an attitude option. Ill explain. If you want to create an undertaker type monster, he shouldnt be all preppy at times. You know what Im saying? You create this huge, dark, intimidating monster... then he's getting all goofy when a diva is wearing a towel... it just killed the story mode for me.

This is probably very hard to do seeing as they would have to alter the story for each wrestler, but not necessarily. They can just alter the reactions you're able to give to each situation.

More storylines is essential. I got so sick of fighting for a Diva. It was pointless and very unrealistic. You "won" a Diva, then a month later you were in a battle royal to win another. It was dumb and boring.

Also, in an Ironman match, they should make it harder to damage your oponent. In a 15 minute Ironman match you can easily get upwards of 8 falls. The same way they make it very easy to knock people out in the slobberknocker, they should make it harder to get falls in IMM.

Falling off the HIAC shouldnt be so easy. Alot of times it would happen to me that Id perform a move, then when my wrestler was getting up he'd walk right off the cage and kill himself.

As far as the roster goes, I hope its updated. They better not leave the tag teams out like they did last year. Have MNM in there. Have the crappy Hearthrobs in there. Have Hurricane and Rosey in there. The roster is such an important part of the game, yet they sometimes cut down in it add crap that we dont want like voice overs and the parking lot brawl(this matched sucked IMO... throw a guy into 3 cars and the match is over). Hopefully they have the cruisers in there and have the cruiserweight title.

I agree with Paradisel's comment on the lower tier. They should give you the option to start out on Velocity/Heat and work your way up. I say give you the option because in real life not every wrestler debuts on those shows.

As far as the caw engine itself goes, I dont really have a problem with the previous engine. It worked just fine and wrestlers came out looking good imo. The one thing I'd change is the ability to custumize your entrance. Put more songs in there. More varied pyro. More "walks".

im done for now

Paradisel

Paradisel

• Members
  • 2 posts
Actually you brought up several points I'd forgotten to touch on.

In SvsR season mode seems to have been cut in half. In Hctp you had a ppv every four weeks, basically the same as inrl. In SvsR it seems to be ppv-weekly-weely-ppv. It might be 3 weeks tween them I'm not sure, I haven't played it since I finished the challenges, I just play hctp now. That was a big let down. As fast as it is you should just be able to create a wrestler with max stats and go for a belt at WM. Why bother with all the building him up stuff. (that was sarcasm). That's the way it seemed to me though, I think they focused way too much on online play.

An option for velocity/heat would probably be best I guess since from reading (On other gaming boards) an incrediable number of people prefer to just play superstars rather then create their own.

Another option would be to introduce a lvl even below that, iirc Vince owns a few smaller outfits.

I like to imerse myself in the char and having to work up from even a small local scene and taking 3 or 4 seasons to get into main event status would be cool. Naturally storylines in that would be minimal.

The Attitude system was cool if you are refering to the good/heel system but I felt it was something they started then never fleshed out. Many times while you are in season you find yourself switched just because you were fighting someone who was the same. IE My char was a heel but in a match againist Flair I got made a good guy.

The loss of belts was silly. The belts need to come back, including the woman's belt, and since the obviously spent so much time on the diva storylines you should be involved in matches where your diva is fighting.

I found the diva storylines good but probably because they were the only ones that were fleshed out to any degree. Increasing season length, allowing you to continue into a new season post WM, and increasing the number of storylines (I think that the entire game had like 5 besides the 3 for divas) would give it a lot more variety.

I think that Yukes/THQ worked too hard on new things and left a lot on the wayside. I won't buy the new version the moment it comes out. I'll borrow it from a friend or rent it and make sure it's actually worth money. Sorry Yukes/THQ but you burnt me once and I won't hand over my money to you sight unseen anymore.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
UPDATE: Smackdown vs Raw 2006 will also be on PSP, with 60-80 match types and possibly extra storylines.

The PS2 Mag I (religiously) get has an interview with Shelton benjamin. Some interesting answers. He'd rehire Rico and doesn't like Fozzy, especially not Shelton is a B*itch. Also he'd like to add Sting into the game and his favorite Diva is Candice Michelle...

Yes, I was wondering when they'd talk about the game too. Some better screenshots though, a catapult into the cage and Taker setting orton up for a Tombstone

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
60-80 match types? that makes no sense.

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
there cant be 60-80 matches, ever.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Yes it can

Single
Single vs Single w/ Manager
Single w/ Manager vs Single w/ Manager

All the different variations

HITC
6-man HITC

etc etc

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
even if there are 60-80 combinations of those matches, and I dont think they are, saying there are 60-80 match TYPES is misleading. Hell in a cell is one match type, single is another, etc. HIAC and 6man HIAC are the same match type in my book.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
60-80 variations, thats what it should say

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
But you know what these magazine people are like... :rolleyes:

Stuckinarut

Stuckinarut

*enter amusing member title*

• Members
  • 3,891 posts
Smackdown vs Raw 2006 will be played over 2 seasons. The final roster will include 60 WWE Superstars and 10 legends. But so far, THQ has only confirmed the following wrestlers will be included in the game:

Batista
Carlito
Chris Benoit
Christian
Eddie Guerrero
John Cena
Kane
Kurt Angle
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Triple H
Undertaker.

Don't know if the game will include all the drafts (Cena on Raw, Batista on SD! etc.)

Reply to this topic