Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

'05 Draft Lottery Discussion; TRADES ANNOUNCED, **SPOILERS!**

267 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Here's the latest on the Draft Lottery, which BTW has been confirmed:

--

quote:

The timing of the Draft Lottery 'in about a month' does make sense seeing as WWE wanted to get through Backlash first and then really shape up the rosters.

The top guys rumored to move are Shawn Michaels to Smackdown and Kurt Angle to RAW. If HBK were to switch, they could turn him heel to feud with John Cena which would only elevate him further. As far as Angle is concerned, he'd do a feud with Batista after his program with Triple H ends. Just to note, last year none of the guys (excluding Triple H) were told of who would be switching brands ahead of time. If HBK and Angle are the top switches, they would likely be notified ahead of time due to their tenure in the company.

--

quote:

Although one of the rumored suggestions for the Draft Lottery called for Shawn Michaels to jump to SmackDown! and begin a feud with John Cena - as a heel - there's talk he's against such a plan. While HBK could very well end up on SmackDown, he has told those close to him that he's not at all in favor of a heel turn and wants to continue his babyface character.

Marty Jannetty is now set to begin with WWE in May. No word was available on plans for his on-air return.

--

I had figured that Angle & HBK would end up on the same show so they could have a rematch, but now I'm thinking this amy not be so bad. Angle vs HHH would be great, as we haven't seen that in quite a long time, and the proposed Batista/Angle stuff would help to put Batista over.

HBK to Smackdown as a heel? I don't know...sounds interesting, because it's different. HBK/Cena would be great, and sort of parallels the Angle/Batista proposition in the sense that it's established talent against the young up & coming "future of the company." Whether or not this switch and/or turn goes through will impact where Jannetty ends up for sure.

And still after last night, Christians insults towards John Cena sounded great & I'm now hoping that he does in fact get switched & get to face Cena in a main event/world title situation - that'd be great.

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
I read in an article that HBK wants to team back up with Marty and reform the Rockers during the summer. That'd be cool, especially if they could fued with a young tag team on Smackdown like the Bashams or MNM and help put them over.

Turning HBK heel would be semi-unbelievable.

Would HHH co-exist with another top heel?

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I don't know if the fans will buy HBK as a heel anymore, so I don't know if that'd go over well even if they tried.

And no, Triple H will not co-exist well with another top heel. Angle will be forced, somewhere down the line, to make a face turn if he goes to Raw. Considering Triple H doesn't turn face himself.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
If Triple H went face, then he'd probably have Angle beat Batista so he could beat Angle to get it back.

I do like the HBK/Smackdown/heel idea, although I'd rather see Christian get sent to Smackdown (w/ Tomko if possible) & for him to become a main eventer there.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
If HHH went face, all the other faces will get bumped down. Plus it would be the same thing, cept everyone being heel instead of hhh, and justifing when HHH wins over all odds.

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts

Grand Admiral Exodus:
If Triple H went face, then he'd probably have Angle beat Batista so he could beat Angle to get it back.

I do like the HBK/Smackdown/heel idea, although I'd rather see Christian get sent to Smackdown (w/ Tomko if possible) & for him to become a main eventer there.

I think Christian is on his way to becoming a main eventer. He just has to remain in the good books of the McMahon/Helmsley family...

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I'm hoping to see Jacen and I get drafted to RAW to make the Tag Team titles mean something again.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
You'd have to lobby for me to get signed as a member of the creative team or you'd be stuck defending them on Heat against the same team every week

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Another update, this one w/ much huger implications:

--

quote:

Although nobody will say anything about it openly, WWE management feels much more comfortable with John Cena carrying a major title, than they do Batista. Batista is very close with Triple H, and it would most likely cause a lot of un-wanted drama if someone were to say something about it.

The main feeling going around right now is that having John Cena and Batista switch brands during the draft would be a good idea. Many feel that there is no chemistry between Triple H and Batista on the microphone, which is why some are eager to move Batista over to SmackDown. Moving Batista to SmackDown would open up new doors for him as champion, in a possible feud with JBL who he may have better chemistry with.

--

This goes back to an old rumor that had John Cena possibly switching over to Raw. I suppose I wouldn't mind it, I mean that would "shake things up" a whole lot more than last years draft if the champions were to switch shows.

This defeats the purpose of the rumored HBK to Smackdown/heel turn concept, but which is better I guess is the question since both can't happen - HBK turning heel on Smackdown or Cena moving to Raw?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,390 posts
Even though I dislike Cena and watch RAW a lot more often than Smackdown, I'd like this change. All the old WWE titles on one show, all the old WCW on another. The only thing I wouldn't like, which I know a lot of people here think is a good idea, is making Smackdown a WCW show. I think that's lame and I really doubt Vince would go for it anyway.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Making it more like WCW is one thing, and I don't think that's very clever. Making it non-WWE, or less like their flagship show Raw, is something else; that show is arleady primarily made up of mostly ECW alumni & former WCW wrestlers, so it's doable.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
a HHH face turn wont do anything, he's going to get the same reaction if message boards like this continue to exist.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
And deservedly so, IMO. In a business that runs in cycles, it is bad for business to linger on a single fixture for so long.

Clinicly Insane

Clinicly Insane

• Members
  • 492 posts
The Problem is this: Triple H has already won the World Title ten times since late 1999. John Cena and Batista did not make their WWE debuts until 2002, shortly after the draft. Cena and Batista are green, Triple H is overused, and some wrestlers aren't used enough.

Which is why I firmly believe Captain Charisma will be WWE or World Champion before 2006.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I sure as hell hope so...

...in the meantime, I wonder if bringing Cena to Raw & going ahead w/ the HBK heel turn on Raw w/ Triple H as his partner in a DX reunion of sorts would work? It would be somewhat similar to the '97 formula of outlaw face vs dominant 2-man HBK/HHH stable, but I think it could work given some decent storyline writing.

That said though, it won't happen.

Hell, none of these proposed swaps could happen. I would like for them to, but yeah...again, WWE doesn't seem to listen to its fans anymore.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
It's funny, as big a fan I am of Batista, I wouldn't mind seeing the Batista/Cena trade. Mainly because it's interesting. It actually follows up on Vince's usually inane speeches of "shaking things up". The WWE championa and World Champion switching shows...that actually brings validity to that over-used and under-delivered statement.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Yeah & this draft lottery scenario could use some credability so that it's looked forward to each year.

Nobak

Nobak

• Members
  • 120 posts
It looks like a good idea. I'm just not sold on having to see Cena every week.

Anyone recall that sign on the Raw following the Rumble, that said Cuck Fena?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
laugh

Cena could use some fresh opponents, as could Batista. They've beaten just about everyone of importance on their respective shows.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,134 posts

Darth Krawlie:
Even though I dislike Cena and watch RAW a lot more often than Smackdown, I'd like this change.  All the old WWE titles on one show, all the old WCW on another.  The only thing I wouldn't like, which I know a lot of people here think is a good idea, is making Smackdown a WCW show.  I think that's lame and I really doubt Vince would go for it anyway.

As you know, Jacob, I mentioned this before. You agreed, of course. I wouldn't mind that one bit.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,390 posts
Yeah. I was hoping they'd do it LAST year.

But I don't think it's happening. Apparently on the poster for Vengeance, the RAW PPV after Backlash, it says something about a Hell in the Cell and has a picture of HHH and Batista staring at each other. So much for that. And so much for Batista getting to show what he can do WITHOUT HHH.

Clinicly Insane

Clinicly Insane

• Members
  • 492 posts
I guess my hopes of HHH getting released ain't happening...

It'd be cooler though, if they switched BOTH the Main Event Titles AND the Midcard titles (U.S. and Intercontinental). THAT would shake things up.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

Darth Krawlie:
But I don't think it's happening.  Apparently on the poster for Vengeance, the RAW PPV after Backlash, it says something about a Hell in the Cell and has a picture of HHH and Batista staring at each other.  So much for that.  And so much for Batista getting to show what he can do WITHOUT HHH.

Man, if this is true...Jesus. The ladder match at WM should've been called Money In The Bank When Triple H Feels Like Letting Someone Else In match.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Damnit I read that report last wwek, but I was simply too disgusted to to quote it/post about it here @ Nightly. Maybe deep down I was hopoing it would be shot down as a rumor or something.

Now I'm really hoping (to no evail, I'm sure) for that champ-for-champ trade.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

Jason Solo:

Jason Solo:
But I don't think it's happening.  Apparently on the poster for Vengeance, the RAW PPV after Backlash, it says something about a Hell in the Cell and has a picture of HHH and Batista staring at each other.  So much for that.  And so much for Batista getting to show what he can do WITHOUT HHH.

Man, if this is true...Jesus. The ladder match at WM should've been called Money In The Bank When Triple H Feels Like Letting Someone Else In match.

Well edge has till wm22 to take the title shot. Or he can take it on raw and job. So they can still have it.

Or he can get the abyss treatment and they can act like it didn't happen.

Reply to this topic