Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

'05 Draft Lottery Discussion; TRADES ANNOUNCED, **SPOILERS!**

267 replies to this topic

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
I'd rather see trades than a draft lottery. Trades can add to more cross brand feuds etc... I think Vince is in the right direction again.

Mamacita

Mamacita

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • 4,655 posts
What I would really like to see is SD V RAW. Almost like the video game. Feuding for Divas, combinging the titles. Imo it would be pretty interesting and create a lot of interesting sotrylines.

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
Then that would eliminate the 2 WWE brands. I wouldn't want to see the titles combined at all. But, I liked the idea of sharing a World title and the champ has to compete in both brands. That was a great idea which was lost...

But, a few WWE superstars from each brands feuding would be a good thing IMO.

Mamacita

Mamacita

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • 4,655 posts
Thats what I meant! Duh! LOL Yeah, I like your idea better Destiny, but imo thats pretty much what I meant so screw what Isaid before!

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Some stuff in this thread that sounds great that I'd like to comment on:

quote:

...having the World Title and the WWE title switch shows.

Totally agreed. It feels more like WCW on Smackdown IMO w/ the cruiserweights & the US Title anyway.

quote:

I'd love to see one more Angle-HBK match, but not a long program between the two. It's like with HHH-HBK. The first couple were good but it got old after a while.

I disagree that this would get old as quickly as HHH/HBK. Nobody ever really got tired of Angle/Benoit, Edge/Guerrero, Jericho/Benoit, or HBK/Jericho...sorry to throw out so many example, but those are all programs where both guys could wrestle & were able to put out match of the year candidates w/ more storyline basis than just some stupid "I wanna prove I'm better than you," "I wanna prove my ego is bigger" type deal between two spotlight hoggers, which HBK came across as when coupled w/ Triple H. Angle & HBK would be awesome to build towards for part II around SummerSlam.

quote:

don't think either Edge or Orton will go to Smackdown. They've actually built these two characters recently on Raw, even giving them potential fueds and storylines. Changing them would be a major mistake.

I agree w/ Edge...he's made his journey to the top on Raw & should become World Champion on Raw. Orton...not sure. I'd love to see him come back & feud w/ Batista now, but perhaps management feels he's run his course on Raw w/ the way his face turn failed so miserably & how little fan reaction he got during that run.

quote:

I'd like to see Charlie Haas come over and maybe fued with his old tag partner Benjamin. It give Shelton someone solid to fued with.

This would be an excellent storyline...send him over, have them become "friends" again, and turn Haas heel. Haas would have gotten over much better as a heel anyway. And the IC title could use a feud where the two guys emphasize more on wrestling than blabbing on the mic to contrast the World Heavyweight Title.

quote:

Dawn Marie should be moved to RAW so she can compete for the title. Christy should go to SD as she is just eye candy.

If Dawn became a manager/wrestler on Raw, that would be great. And Christy is a better fit for Smackdown IMO simply because she doesn't wrestle.

quote:

I'd rather see trades than a draft lottery. Trades can add to more cross brand feuds etc... I think Vince is in the right direction again.

That did add a bit more of an interesting element to the draft lottery last year when they started making trades between brands the entire week after the draft lottery. Example...trade Bob Holly & CHarlie Haas to Raw for Tajiri & Hurricane...you get to cruiserweights back where they belong, and this will allow some Tajiri/Super Crazy action (assuming Super Crazy ends up on Smackdown as most people think he should), and you'll have Holly on Raw perhaps to replace the now-fired Rhyno as a mid-card face jobber or somebody to another misc. role, and Haas could use the exposure.

Clinicly Insane

Clinicly Insane

• Members
  • 492 posts
One thing you have to remember: All or most of the traded superstars were pushed when they came over to the other show. Benjamin, since moving to RAW, has a record of 3-1 in singles on Triple H, came out as a major player, became IC champ, and has made a spot on RAW. Rhyno & Nidia have fallen now, but they were good whence they came. Tajiri is the Tag Champ, now. And we all cannot forget Edge.

As for Smackdown!, Rene Dupree feuded with Primetime John Cena when he came to Smackdown!. Mark Jindrak is slowly building his way up the roster. Booker T and RVD did extremely well. Theodore Long became GM. The Dudleys and Spike are the only ones not too well.

Charlie Haas moving to RAW would be an excellent play. Haas hasn't been on Smackdown! in a while, moved to Velocity. Kenzo or Rene moving to RAW would also be cool.

There should be three low-midcarders to midcarders moved between the shows, and one main eventer a piece. Undertaker & JBL should stay on SD!, and Triple H(reluctantly) and Edge on RAW.

Possible moves(Main Eventers): Orton, Y2J, maybe? I say Y2J because, think of the duelling mics between him and Carlito! Show and...someone else to RAW.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I forgot about Kenzo Suzuki, who is out w/ an injury of some type (either jaw or shoulder). Despite his English being not-so-great, he's got decent charisma.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts

Grand Admiral Exodus:
I forgot about Kenzo Suzuki, who is out w/ an injury of some type (either jaw or shoulder). Despite his English being not-so-great, he's got decent charisma.

Collapsed Lung from what I heard.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
There you go, that's it. I haven't heard anything regarding how he's progressing, however.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
This comes from suntimes.com (derrived from The Chicago Sun-Times newspaper):

--

quote:

The WWE changed the entire landscape of the business after WrestleMania XX last year and is looking to do it again after a very successful Mania 21. The company will hold the second annual draft lottery at the double-roster show April 18 at Madison Square Garden, but it wants to do it in a way so it becomes a mainstay for years to come.

Last year's lottery was a bit disjointed, but look for this year's to be much more detailed and organized. Top candidates to be moved: Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio and Big Show.

--

Interesting...moving HBK instead of Angle? And of all people...Rey Mysterio? Big Show...I can deal with, he's been off Raw since like fall of '02. Orton, of course, is in the thick of the discussion already.

Mysterio would be the most interesting IMO, as he'd be removed from his element & from all the guys of similar size. But the possibility of working w/ guys like Triple H & Edge is interesting hmmm

Mamacita

Mamacita

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • 4,655 posts
Rey Rey against HHH? IMO thats just loco ese, you dont do that, Rey Rey will be killed!

Anyway, moving Show is a good idea. He should get the chance to feud with Batista, or HHH.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I'm sure it will shake the very foundation of the WWE, again.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I hope they don't move Big Show to Raw. I really don't want him clogging up the World Title scene when he has no chance of ever getting it anyway. I hate saying it because he really is a cool guy in real life, but he's pretty much useless now beyond a mid-card level.

And you know, I like Mysterio as much as the next guy, but I just can't picturing him realistically competing at any level higher than maybe the IC/US title scene. He just wouldn't be a realistic world title contender to me. And yes that's based mostly on his size. I simply can't suspend my level of disbelief enough to believe a guy like him could take someone like Batista or Triple H.

Clinicly Insane

Clinicly Insane

• Members
  • 492 posts
KENZO FOR RAW!!!

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
HHH vs Big Show could be interesting. Another potential match-up from these rumored moves that sounds good is HBK/Eddie Guerrero.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
hmm Rey on raw..you got

Benjamin
Jericho(OH yeah, if you watched wCw you know what these to can do)
Benoit
Edge
Christian
Kane(Another David and Golaith type fued)

Rey on raw could be good

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
See I wouldn't mind Christian vs Mysterio, or Edge vs Mysterio.

And yeah I saw WCW...Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho = show stealer material on any PPV WWE could ever book.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

SuperDragonV2.1:
hmm Rey on raw..you got

Benjamin
Benoit
Edge
Christian

Rey on raw could be good

You just named the entire Money in the Bank match participants.

Moving any of them would be stupid. I'd hate to see Rey go, especially with what he's building up with Eddie ATM

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Rey would not fit well on RAW. He would get lost in all the other superstars.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I agree. The time is now for them to probably build towards a SummerSlam payoff match w/ Eddie & Mysterio where they are actually split up, rivals, and wanna tear each other apart stemming from all that has happened & liekly what is yet to happen.

Keep Rey on Smackdown. Sure there are bright spots in the argument for sending him to Raw including some great storyline possibilities w/ a few particular individuals, but overall he's better suited on the shjow that has more people that wrestle his style.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
What would HHH have himself do to Rey??

Sixstrings

Sixstrings

I'm still here?

• 2,773 posts
How do they move HBK when he is already scheduled for a RAW only PPV with possibly Hogan. I can't see them setting that match in motion only to derail it by drafting HBK away. Although the writting is bad sometimes... can it be that bad?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,384 posts
Well, the draft is most likely gonna happen AFTER Backlash, so it wouldn't ruin that match. At least, that's what I'd bet on.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts

UK Legend Killa:

UK Legend Killa:
hmm Rey on raw..you got

Benjamin
Benoit
Edge
Christian

Rey on raw could be good

You just named the entire Money in the Bank match participants.

Moving any of them would be stupid. I'd hate to see Rey go, especially with what he's building up with Eddie ATM

wow I didn't notice that. Well these guys are all the match making performers..there the ones with Match of the year material..You dont ever see HHH and Batista or Cena and JBL on match of the year polls..these are the guys that need more attention.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Gonna bump this forward by one post so the next update won't get stranded back here when the topic goes to page 2...

Reply to this topic