Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

'05 Draft Lottery Discussion; TRADES ANNOUNCED, **SPOILERS!**

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
He's got amazing charisma & he's probably one of the best in-ring "storytellers" in all of WWE. One of WWE's best mic workers & just as technically sound as Eddie Guerrero. I like this move, but then I think of where he could end up & it's a bit disheartening. I hope they use him a lot.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,155 posts

3 & 6 years to go...:

3 & 6 years to go...:
I'm hoping one of the World Champs will be switched to Smackdown on the last day of the draft, and makes this "Smackdown Title" match just become a number 1 contenders match or something.  The idea of a third World Title pisses me off.

Don't worry, Jacob. Can't happen. In my opinion, RAW is destroying Smackdown, right now, in this draft. So, what that means to me is, Smackdown has to pull a doozy. What would that be? Triple H or Batista going to Smackdown with the World belt.

Bingo.

Yes, others have said it, too. I am not the only one.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• 4,154 posts
hmmm Rene looks like Disco Inferno with his facial hair..I really wish Chavo wouldn't have moved,The CruiserWeight Division looks like it could get bigger with all of the new additions to Smackdown!, Chavo was one of the staples of this division four or five months ago. now he'll just be a Heat main eventer

Clinicly Insane

Clinicly Insane

• Members
  • 492 posts
And We'll nevr get to see Paul London vs. Chavo Guerrrero again...

Here's what we got in Cruiserweights:

Akio
Billy Kidman
Paul London
Nunzio
Simon Dean
Super Crazy
Psicosis
Juventud Guerrera
Daivari
Shannon Moore
Scotty 2 Hotty
Spike Dudley
Funaki

That's all I can think of. Steven Richards may be a cruiser as well, but...

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
I was hoping Christy would get switched to smackdown.

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
i was hoping christy would get fired, but maybe thats just me

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Push Val Venis w/ Christy as his valet yes

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Only way I'd remotely enjoy a push for Val Venis is if they repackaged him. I've always hated his gimmick.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

Exodus:
Push Val Venis w/ Christy as his valet    yes  

As long as shes not wrestling, I'd be all for it.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,805 posts

Jason Solo:
Only way I'd remotely enjoy a push for Val Venis is if they repackaged him.  I've always hated his gimmick.

As long as it's not like his Chief Morley stint, which just turned him into a nondescript lackey.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
To illustrate how much I dislike the Val Venis gimmick, I liked Chief Morley more, lol.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,805 posts
You're a sad little man. :P

Of course, I've never been a big fan of Venis's at all, but I just really hated the Chief Morley gimmick. I enjoyed the storlyine involving his joining Right to Censor with the Godfather and whatnot. Man, I miss their awesome music.

Skatetrooper

Skatetrooper

• Members
  • 797 posts
That music was the best, I think it made my ears bleed but, still, the best.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Sean Morley, AKA Val Venis, is one of the WWEs' most underrated wrestlers (if not THE most underrated) in this current era. Period.

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
i agree, Val Venis deserves a push more than most on the WWE roster at the moment.

It's a shame he's been degraded to jobber status since he has some real in-ring skill.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,595 posts
Something a lot of people don't seem to understand that is in order to have stars, you have to have jobbers. You have to have people that never, or rarely, get pushes. And they have to be names, so that we know who they are. Yeah, it sucks for someone like Val Venis or Stevie Richards or Funaki, but that's the way it has to be. Would you really care about some new wrestler coming in, building up some wins, if all they fought were complete no names, or would you give him more credibility if he beat Val Venis or Stevie Richards or Funaki?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I agree w/ the rest, I just see Val as one case where they could do something different because every push they've given him in the past has been successful, unlike many others who get pushed & simply suck at everything. Most guys in the jobber role are great at many things but lack something. For example in the case of Funaki, it's the accent & inability to cut an understandable promo & his cruiserweight size. Val has size, physiche, in-ring IQ, mic ability, he sells well for everyone...he's got all the tools & he's got the track record. But I'm beating a dead horse because the window of oppertunity has probably been shut by now. WWE should be lucky to still have him around doing such a good job on their dark matches & weekend shows.

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
yeah, Steven Richards lacks charisma, Funaki talks gibberish in Promos, but if they gave val any time on their show, he wouldn't make those mistakes