Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The TNA Thread: Jeff Jarrett regains the NWA World Title

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
That sounds like a very bad card.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Results?

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
-BG James, Konnan & America's Most Wanted vs. Team Canada (Winners: Team Canada )

-Chase Stevens w/ Chris Candido & Andy Douglas vs. Chris Sabin (Winner: Chris Sabin)

-Raven vs. Dustin Rhodes (Winner: Dustin Rhodes)

-Team Trinity (Phi Delta Slam) vs. Team Traci (Ron & Don Harris) (Winners: Team Traci (Ron & Don Harris))

-"The Alpha Male" Monty Brown vs. Trytan
(Winner: Monty Brown)

-Jeff Hardy vs. Abyss (Winner: Jeff Hardy)

-Kevin Nash vs. The Outlaw(Winner: The Outlaw)

-X Division Championship - Ultimate X Challenge
AJ Styles © vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Ron Killings vs. Elix Skipper
(Winner & NEW X Division Champion: Christopher Daniels)

-NWA World Heavyweight Championship - Ringside Revenge
Jeff Jarrett © vs. Diamond Dallas Page
(Winner & STILL NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Jeff Jarrett)

-------------------------------------------------
Not only did it sound like a bad card but it had alot of Dusty Rhodes type matches and stupid finishes. I am tired of Dusty Rhodes being the booker. Give me vince Russo anyday of the week.

There is no way in hell that Dustin Rhodes should be getting win after win over one of TNAs most underrated wrestlers, Raven. It's stupid and pointless, Dustin will never be World Champion material.

And the whole Trytan character sounds stupid and Monty Brown turning heel was about as pointless as Goldberg turning heel at GAB 2000. This is worse than WcW. The only way they can get me back as a fan is to have AJ Styles go over JJ for the World Title.

Jarrett has held the belt for way too long. Someone told me they counted EIGHT people interfering in the main event which is ridiculous for any Fed. TNA needs to make some changes and quick.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Agreed. I seem to have lost a bit of interest because Jarrett is beginning to resemble Triple H.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Well, Triple H doesnt even get on my nerves as much as Jarrett. I really dont know why, maybe his matches are more entertaining or something. But this Jarrett nonsense is getting ridiculous. This is a company that is trying to grow and be unique and Jarrett is acting like it is WcW 2000. How are new people supposed to tune in and see something different when Jarrett has held the belt for every Impact taping there has ever been?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
If you're gonna stick the belt on one person, stick it on a "take on all comers" type babyface, like DDP. That would be much better than this.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Maby Abyss or Dustin will win the belt?

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Abyss wont win it because I doubt they would do a heel vs heel match. BUT that type of match would work because people would instantly root for Abyss to win. But I still dont think it would happen.

That would leave Dustin winning which would make TNA go out of business.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Isn't Abyss supposed to get a title shot though? Like didn't he beat Hardy to earn one?

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Yes, in that silly ass TLC match at one of their PPVs. But like WcW they will probably act like it never happened.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
To bad, it would at least give them somone else to go after the title. THen Maby have him job to Monty.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Within TNA, there has been more and more second guessing of the booking of Dusty Rhodes.

Evidence:
- Booking Monty Brown vs. Trytan on PPV without a finish.
- Rhodes has no recognition of how to book wrestlers to avoid style clashes and avoid bad matches.
- He shows favoritism to son Dustin Rhodes.
- Other complaints come from Sean Waltman, BG James and Konnan. James is being $1,000 per appearnce, but was floored when he learned his former tag partner The Outlaw is receiving $2,000 per appearance. James asked for a raise, but was turned down.

source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
I can see why now the jobbers in the wwe don't go to tna.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
$2,000 per appearance = please work for us

Damn, they could do much better in the storyline department. AJ Styles should be their top face.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
"Booking Monty Brown vs. Trytan on PPV without a finish."

What the hell is that?

"- Rhodes has no recognition of how to book wrestlers to avoid style clashes and avoid bad matches."

Can't defend him there.
"- He shows favoritism to son Dustin Rhodes."

Cry me a river, the mchman's show favortism to HHH, it's politics, it's the same way in everything else, from the bussiness world, to police departments, the song "I fought the law and I won" isn't that far off when it says "The law don't mean **** if you got the right friends, that's how this countries run" Those words couldn't be more true. A father is usually going to put his children in positions they wouldn't get if they weren't related. The best thing to do is to have somone in charge who dosn't have any family who are wrestlers in the organization. Untill then, **** like this will occur.

"- Other complaints come from Sean Waltman, BG James and Konnan. James is being $1,000 per appearnce, but was floored when he learned his former tag partner The Outlaw is receiving $2,000 per appearance. James asked for a raise, but was turned down."

That's just dumb, it's not like Billy Gunn is a superstar, this reminds me of when big show was in wcw, he was the champ, and he was payed less by some of the uppercard.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts

quote:

Jeff Jarrett is currently present in New York City, reportedly meeting with Viacom executives. Although details are scarce and not official, PWInsider.com cites one source in saying that Jarrett is speaking with Viacom about clearing a TNA program for Spike TV.

Sources are of the impression that Viacom is hoping word of the meeting gets out to WWE officials, with the intent of getting back at WWE. Since negotiations broke off, there has been bad blood between WWE and Spike TV/Viacom; negotiations with TNA would certainly infuriate some key WWE officials.

When it first became public that Spike TV was not renewing its contract with WWE, rumors broke out that TNA was expected to take the Monday night slot. At the time, there was absolutely nothing to such rumors, but it now seems TNA might actually have a shot at Spike TV.

WWE, on the other hand, has yet to clear a new cable deal. Because Spike ended negotiations before WWE had another deal in place, it probably lost a lot of bargaining power with USA.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Great, so on monday night raw, HHH dominates, and on tna, Jarret does.

Thrawn33

Thrawn33

• Members
  • 2,873 posts
I could really give a **** about the World Title Belt on Jarret. I watch for the X-Division.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Yeah...the X Division is the most entertaining part of TNA, w/ the other storylines & world title in 2nd. It's interesting to see what happens w/ these familiar names from the past, but AJ Styles, Petey Williams, etc...now there's the excitement.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
A report from impactwrestling.com indicates that the next TNA PPV, called Lockdown & airing on April 24th, will feature a headline match of AJ Styles vs Abyss for the #1 contendership to Jeff Jarretts NWA World Title (the title shot taking place at the Hard Justice PPV on May 15th). Abyss was already supposed to be #! contender & unless he got his shot one week on Impact, I don't know what happened there.

There is also said to be another Six Sides of Steel match in the works, which will feature some new stipulations.

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
I don't really follow TNA but, last time I saw a show like 1 1/2 years ago Jeff Jarrett was NWA champion. Did he have the title for that long? Also, when I did check one week he was a face and the next he was a heel. What is he? Besides a Triple H of the NWA.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
He's a heel...it's getting more & more like a Triple H'esque title reign. Other guys have held the title since TNA got rolling, like Ken Shamrock & Ron Killings (aka K-Kwik from WWE), but it's mostly been Jarrett for the long haul & that needs to change. I couldn't think of very many people better than AJ Styles to become NWA World Champion though, except maybe DDP.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Monty Brown would have been perfect for TNA Champ if they wouldnt have screwed him out of ever getting a shot by turning him heel for no reason at all.

And the other Six Sides Of Steel match will be Jeff Jarrett, Monty Brown, And The Outlaw(Mr. Ass) VS. Kevin Nash, DDP, and Sean Waltman(X-Pac). This sounds like it will be really crappy and not entertaining at all. The average age is around 40 years of age.

Now AJ Styles and Abyss should be decent but the match of the night to look for will definately be "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels VS. Primetime Elix Skipper. I have heard they put on an awesome match and this should be no different.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Well IMO, the only poeple in the Six Sides of Steel match that might stink it up are Nash & Gunn. Jarret can still go, Waltman was always one of the best workers in whatever company he has been in, DDP is always gonna be a great worker, and Monty Brown needs no introduction.

Daniels vs Skipper = show stealer, perhaps why many people will even order the PPV anyway.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Show Stealer? Then you MUST be talking about Dustin Rhodes vs Bobby Roode in a Texas vs Canada match!

In all seriousness, why does every match TNA has have to have some silly gimmick to it? It seems like a desperate ploy for attention.