Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The TNA Thread: Jeff Jarrett regains the NWA World Title

236 replies to this topic

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,779 posts
If you guys want it stickied and interest keeps up, I'll be glad to put this at the top of the forum with the WWE shows.

and edit Ex's Title devil

Y2A

Y2A

Bow Down to the Bling

• Members
  • 6,982 posts
Is Impact! still on at 3:00 PM on FSN? I remember trying to catch it after a bit of an absence and something else was in it's place.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Yeah, that's on Friday afternoons. I think it's replayed @ Midnight local time or 1:00 AM eastern, one of the two.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,403 posts
I saw it on a Tuesday afternoon last week. I was confused. And then on Friday I forgot to watch. Again.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I've missed it two weeks in a row, & there's no way I'm missing it for a 3rd. I'f I have to pre-set the time record function a few days in davance to remember, I'll do it.

Excellence Of Execution

Excellence Of Execution

• Members
  • 107 posts
For sure i'll be reading!

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Saw impact, it was ok, I was amazed to see it as good as it was for an hour show. Not wwe material, but reminded me a bit of wcw, only it had more matches.

Sine ddp is the next contender, does that mean abyss won't get his shot? or did he already get it?

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
I am confused about that too, Stal... I really dont even see why Nash and DDP get title shots. I think that they should be elevating younger stars, a problem which WcW was notorious for. I mean the first PPV had JJ vs Hardy which wasnt a bad idea. The second was a six man tag which wouldnt have been bad if Macho Man wouldnt have came out. The third had Monty Brown vs JJ which was GOLDEN,imo.

Maybe Jerry Jarrett is trying to appeal to the WcW fans by having these matches that were headlinging WcW ppvs towards the end. But he needs to realize that was towards the end of WcW before it died.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Maybe they think Abyss vs DDP will be more appealing for the future (heel vs face instead of Jarrett & Abyss, two heels, facing off). And that could very well be.

Remember, "Syxx Pac" & Jarrett feuded in summer of '98 in WWF. Maybe they'll slate he & Jarret for a non-tile feud is Jarrett drops the title. After all he did run in @ the PPV shrug

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
That's true. And who has Dusitn been feuding with? He metioned a texas bullrope match, and some contract for that, but I didn't hear who he was going to face.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
It's Raven... hmmm

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Yes, and what a crappy feud it is. I hate seeing Raven do jobs to people like him....

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
And you just know he's gonna job.

Ultimately leading to Dustin Rhodes on the road to the NWA World Heavyweight Title.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Yeah, and that scares me. Not only does he not have charisma, he has no wrestling skills either. **shudders**

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
I'm a dustin fan..... I guess it's from his goldust days.

Another question, who was Raven feuding with before that? I remember raven losing to somone at new years resoultion, and what is that guy doing now?

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Erikk Watts beat him in a horrible sloppy match. He is prolly in drug rehab now because he overdosed 2 days before the PPV. I think thats the only reason he won.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
WWE has finally signed Joe Dorgan (aka Johnny Swinger) after having been to WCW, Ecw, and TNA before finally making it here. He trained w/ Edge & Christian in Toronto, and is familiar w/ many of WWE's talent already so this should be a natural & hopefully they use him in a good way.

You may remember him as having teamed w/ Pet Kenney (Simon Diamond) in ECW or for having been Goldbergs 2nd opponent in WCW back in the day.

I'm actually quite surprised TNA let him get away...

Excellence Of Execution

Excellence Of Execution

• Members
  • 107 posts
Keep those updates of TNA coming thanks guys & gals.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
wait wait...Tna has Hall,Nash and X-Pac???Wolfpack???Or at least a nWo type stable..could bring Gunn in along with Road Dogg when/if 3-Live krew breaks up.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Question about the disco inferno aka Glen Gilberti.

I've read he's in tna, does he still wrestle or?

xdflwr

xdflwr

diet cokehead

• Members
  • 5,143 posts
i hope so. disco inferno ****ing owns.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
There was a rumor that he signed an OVW contract, I have no idea if it's true or not but I could look it up.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
I havent heard anything about Disco. The last I saw of him was on Impact and he got pounced by Monty Brown.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Matches for tonights PPV:

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
Jeff Jarrett vs. Diamond Dallas Page

THE ULTIMATE X MATCH CHALLENGE