Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The TNA Thread: Jeff Jarrett regains the NWA World Title

236 replies to this topic

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

SuperDragonV2.1:
Hardy vs Jerret was set up? what was that supposed to mean?

They were involved in altercations with each other. They will probably feud now. Hardy vs Jarret III was set up by these altercations.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts

Gargan:
There is no way that Charlie Hass wont be utilised in TNA. He should be in the spot masters is in.

Haas could sort of mirror what Angle is doing now against Cena on Raw, being the polar opposite, straight-lace fundamental technician up against the hardcore, throwing caition to the wind style of Raven. I'd liek to see that. Charlies' only downside might be mic work - but who knows? WWE never gave him enough mic time for any of us to fairly judge by.

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

Exodus:

Exodus:
There is no way that Charlie Hass wont be utilised in TNA. He should be in the spot masters is in.

Haas could sort of mirror what Angle is doing now against Cena on Raw, being the polar opposite, straight-lace fundamental technician up against the hardcore, throwing caition to the wind style of Raven. I'd liek to see that. Charlies' only downside might be mic work - but who knows? WWE never gave him enough mic time for any of us to fairly judge by.

You dont really need great mic work in TNA. They do their in-ring work do the talking. AJ Styles is a great example of that. He doesnt cut too many promos because he isnt that good on the mic. TNA does a great job of accentuating strengths and hiding weaknesses.

Stu

Stu

Resident Super Villian

• Members
  • 614 posts
Well said Ivan. I was thinking the same thing.

I'm starting to notice an OVER emphasis on talking in WWE. Charisma is great, but when guys like Haas, Storm, hell Benoit, get passed by because they don't "talk well", well that's just crap.

The more and more I think about it, I think I'm becoming a TNA mark... Dear god.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts

ivan5658:

ivan5658:

ivan5658:

You dont really need great mic work in TNA. They do their in-ring work do the talking. AJ Styles is a great example of that. He doesnt cut too many promos because he isnt that good on the mic. TNA does a great job of accentuating strengths and hiding weaknesses.

True...Raven & Jarrett are the only ones I've seen do a great deal of talking.

In that case, bring on Charlie Haas pimp

Stu

Stu

Resident Super Villian

• Members
  • 614 posts
Very true Ex.

On a separate note, is anyone else tired of Jarret? He cries HHH of TNA to me every time I see him. I've never been that high of him, and after his stint in WcW as part of nWo, I liked him less. And the fact that Jerry Jarret had a big hand in forming TNA makes me wonder in what role he had in making Jeff a top guy.

Is it just me? Am I going crazy?

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
No people say that all the time about the Jarrets.And I to have never been big on Jeff, he just doesnt appeal to me. I would love to see Charlie Hass in the X division. He and Aj would put on one heck of a match. I almost wish Shelton was in TNA

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
from tnawrestling.com:

quote:

MAJOR NEWS: JEFF JARRETT REGAINS NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE FROM RAVEN IN CANADA ON THURSDAY NIGHT!

America’s Most Wanted shocks the fans by helping Jarrett win the gold

(Oldcastle, Ontario, Canada) – The self-proclaimed “King of the Mountain” Jeff Jarrett regained the NWA World Heavyweight Title on Thursday night in Oldcastle, Ontario, Canada, defeating Raven with the help of America’s Most Wanted.

In a shocking turn of events, “Wildcat” Chris Harris and “Cowboy” James Storm turned their backs on the fans and aligned themselves with Jarrett, ultimately costing Raven the bout and the World Title.

The NWA World Heavyweight Title match took place under the banner of Border City Wrestling out of Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Following the bout, NWA Championship Committee member Larry Zbyszko was in contact with the promoters of the show, and Zbyszko has informed TNAwrestling.com the title change is indeed official.

Thanks to America’s Most Wanted, Jeff Jarrett has fulfilled his proclamation of being NWA World Heavyweight Champion with the debut of “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV on October 1.

“I told Raven…I told EVERYONE that for the good of TNA Wrestling, I needed to be NWA World Heavyweight Champion when we hit SpikeTV!” Jarrett told TNAwrestling.com via phone after the bout. “I knew TNA management was trying to keep me down, so I had to get that title back on MY terms in Canada where they couldn’t stop me! Chris Harris and James Storm were the only ones out of that entire locker room who had the brains to listen to me. They made the right choice! Now roll out the red carpet, because YOUR champion - The King Of The Mountain - and America’s Most Wanted – the cornerstones of TNA - are coming to SpikeTV, and there’s nothing TNA management can do to stop us!”

“Jarrett was right all along – it was time for America’s Most Wanted to finally look after OUR best interests for a change,” Chris Harris told TNAwrestling.com. “We built this company from the ground up and we’ll be damned if anyone was going to take our spot – the spot we RIGHTFULLY own. Who was looking out for us? The fans? TNA management? Raven? No – Jeff Jarrett was looking out for us. And guess what? Now we’ve got his back, and now WE call all the shots.”

James Storm added: “By the way…hey Naturals, shine up the tag team titles – it’s only a matter of time now before they’re coming home, one way or another. Sorry ‘bout your damn luck…”

Raven left the arena immediately following the bout and refused to comment on the situation.

TNAwrestling.com will have a further update on Friday afternoon following the events that unfolded on Thursday night in Ontario with the crowning of new NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett!

--

Not quite sure what to think here. They jsut pulled this a few months ago w/ AJ Styles, and now Raven? Seriously, they need to cut this out before they devalue that world title like WWE has w/ all the title changes.

But is anyone surprised that Jarrett has it now & is going to be on TV with it?

Gargan

Gargan

These white pills arent kind..

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
NO!

Jarrett has the title? We can expect Raven Vs Jarrett for the spike TV debut then.

Jeff Jarrett said he needs to be champ when they hit Spike. He will be. But by the end Raven will get it back. Oh the Irony. Painful Irony, i hope.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
I think that there going to bring in one of the new guys to start a fued with Jarret on the debut. Kinda start off with a little bit of an attitude.

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
they need to feed this Jarrett/Raven thing. Damn Matt Hardy for not signing with TNA, we could have seen Dudleyz Vs Hardyz... :mad:

Gargan

Gargan

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
TNA Videos to introduce the Superstars:

http://www.tnawrestl...hadi/index.html

click on Promo-Abyss and it'll take you through them all...

The AJ Styles one is the best along with Raven's

Reply to this topic