Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The TNA Thread: Jeff Jarrett regains the NWA World Title

236 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Last nights TNA PPV was said to be another solid outing that would be one of WWE's brand-only efforts. Features included AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels for the X-Division Title (match of the night without a doubt) which Styles won, Monty Brown & DDP vs Team Canadas Bobby Roode & Eric Young, and Jeff Jarrett defending the NWA World Title against Kevin Nash. Also, Abyss beat Jeff Hardy & won a shot at the NWA World Title.

X-Pac ran in on Nash's behalf, but Jarrett retained anyway. Also, Billy Gunn was spotted at the show.

TNA is getting more & more interesting as the weeks go by. Love or hate X-Pac, he's one of the best workers in the business so it's a real feather in TNA's cap to acquire him. Whether or not Billy Gunn is interesting or not just depends on what he does. I'd love to see him & Road Dogg (BG James) get back together in TNA, but that may break up one of TNA's more popular attractions (3-Live Kru) so it may not happen just yet.

Anyone else watching TNA? If not, you should be. It even now has a Midnight replay Saturday nights on FSN. I think it's all @ local times, but I'm not sure. I'll check on that.

There's a Styles vs Daniel rematch rumored to be taking place this week, and a new wrestler making his debut...and that may turn out to be another former WWE talent.

So yeah guys...watch TNA rock

Ven Halcyon

Ven Halcyon

King of the Nerds

• Members
  • 10,940 posts
I would love to, but alas its not shown on any of my channels!!

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,384 posts
What happened to the whole Abyss leaving TNA thing?

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
I was kinda hoping Nash would win, it would have been interesting to have him hold it breifly.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,776 posts

Darth Krawlie:
What happened to the whole Abyss leaving TNA thing?

I think that they basically just let that get hyped up for the surprise appearance factor they got when he showed up after he had supposedly left and he's still solidly with the company, I believe.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
They couldn't reach an initial agreement, but behind the scenes they came to one at the last minute. It's for the ebst anyway, as I don't think WWE would properly utilize him based on his TNA character. They'd probably repackage him, book & misuse him miserably, then bury him & release him.

Oh & Ven...I think there is a network over in the UK that shows TNA. Check out TNA's website & you might be able to find a network that airs it.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Infortunatly, I don't think I have FSN.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Im reallly getting sick of Jarrett holding the belt. Unless they are going to give someone, like Styles or Brown, the big payoff then his whole title reign is pointless. Now, I am generally a big supporter of Jarrett holding the title because I am a Jarrett fan, but his antics are crazy. And the PPV wasnt even that good. Worst one of TNA's PPVs yet.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Brown would make a good champ, the little I've seen of him I've liked.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

Grand Admiral Exodus:
Oh & Ven...I think there is a network over in the UK that shows TNA. Check out TNA's website & you might be able to find a network that airs it.

Just checked doesn't look like it...

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts

Stallion:

I totally agree with you. And the time for him to win was at the last PPV when he received his monster push. And now it has totally died out and he is tagging with DDP now. What a waste. That match between Brown and Jarrett at the last pPV was great too....

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
This could be totally off, but I've heard that Jarretts reign is sort of a rib (or parody) of Triple H. Don't know if that's true or not, but I read it someplace awhile back.

Ven Halcyon

Ven Halcyon

King of the Nerds

• Members
  • 10,940 posts
UK - It's on TWC (The Wrestling Channel) - i'm not sure what the delay factor is i.e. how up to date the shows are on their, but they do show it. It's only available (currently) through Sky, the cable companies haven't picked it up.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
ONly Sky route it don't they...sh1te.

Sounded like a good PPV from what I read on the website though.

Clinicly Insane

Clinicly Insane

• Members
  • 492 posts
What channel is it on? I'd love to see Jeff Hardy in the ring again.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

Delorean:

Delorean:

I totally agree with you. And the time for him to win was at the last PPV when he received his monster push. And now it has totally died out and he is tagging with DDP now. What a waste. That match between Brown and Jarrett at the last pPV was great too....

Yea, I saw last ppv, that sucks that he went into teh backseat.

It must be because he's black

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
No matter how bad this ppv was (and from what I saw it was pretty good) its still better than anything WWE does.

Excellence Of Execution

Excellence Of Execution

• Members
  • 107 posts
I don't have the channel either here in Northern Canada, i comehere to hear the news of the TNA

so keep those updates coming.thanks

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Definitely. Lots of regulars in this forum forget about TNA until reminded, but I'll do my best to keep the updates coming.

Ven Halcyon

Ven Halcyon

King of the Nerds

• Members
  • 10,940 posts
Nice one gaffer!

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
How bout we make just 1 single TNA thread and sticky it like we do the weekly shows? Think Jacen would do it?

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Good idea, if it is updated enough

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
I would post in it regularly cuz I watch most saturday nights after I get home from work.

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests
The PPV was alright. Full Metal Mayhem between Jeff Hardy and Abyss was alright, it was not WWE quality. Best part was when Jeff Hardy ran FULL speed at Abyss who was between the ropes and was overhead belly to belly suplexed out of the ring and the tables were not close enough to the ring. One of his legs broke the closest table and the rest of his body splatted on the concrete/pad.

The 30 Min. Iron Man Match was AWESOME! 30 minutes of some of the best, fast paced wrestling I've ever seen! It went to overtime where Styles won. The only thing I didn't like about this match was I knew Styles was going to pull it out because he just won the belt last month. Had The Fallen Angel won this match, with the suprise factor, I would say this was one of the top 3 matches I've EVER seen!

Don't plan on Billy Gunn and the Road Dogg teaming up. When Gunn came out and grabbed the Title Belt to hit Nash it was the Road Dogg who came down and grabbed the belt from Gunn!

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts

Ashaman:
How bout we make just 1 single TNA thread and sticky it like we do the weekly shows? Think Jacen would do it?

Maybe not keep it stickied, but sticky it the weekend of PPVs or @ the end of the week kealing up to a PPV. We could jsut edit the title of this thread to something like "TNA Discussion" & I'll edit (or Jacen, or anyone else w/ the ability) to fit accordingly w/ the latest news like a WWE regular showing up in TNA or in regards to PPV discussion leading up to & shortly after a PPV.

How's that sound?

Reply to this topic