Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wrestlemania 21 Discussion Thread

327 replies to this topic

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
You think HHH could ever be a convincing face considering how many people hate him. It's like he's mastered being a heel between his in and out of ring actions.

Hell, they did turn Hogan heel so maybe it'd work.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
It wouldn't change much, he'd just bury all the heels, and his fans will say "well he's supposed to dominate, he's a face"

The Stool Sample

The Stool Sample

Sexual Chocolate

• 5,843 posts
What about the Undertaker? The man with the legacy? Surely we cant have him not have a half-hyped match.

Heidenreich? Who would truly believe that he would lose to Heidenreich at WM21? meh...

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
As long as Undertaker is on Smackdown he won't have the kind of calibar match he deserves. I know Smackdown needs him badly as a draw, but he's just out of place there it seems. All the good guys he could fued with are on Raw. The few good ones to fued with on Smackdown they've done over and over.

The Stool Sample

The Stool Sample

Sexual Chocolate

• 5,843 posts
Batista vs. Taker
Benoit vs. Taker
Randy vs. Taker
Kane vs. Taker
Hell... even HHH vs. Taker.

Giddy up!

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts

The Stool Sample:
Batista vs. Taker
Benoit vs. Taker
Randy vs. Taker
Kane vs. Taker
Hell... even HHH vs. Taker.

Giddy up!

Or Taker v Faker II, this time its personal!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
That has to rank up there as one of the worst ideas of all time.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

quote:

The latest talk regarding WrestleMania 21 is Triple H defending the World Heavyweight Title against Batista. There were also plans for a "legend vs. legend killer" interbrand match with Undertaker vs. Randy Orton. We'll see if that actually happens though.

Courtesy of Wrestlezone. Man, color me surprised if they actually are considering this and going with it. I wasn't entertaining the idea that Bastita could realistically get the main event at Wrestlemania at all. I'd be really excited and get the PPV if this is true. And Orton vs. Undertaker? That's an idea I don't even think any of us have thrown out here yet. It would be interesting, I think. Although they usually work interbrand matches very poorly. Only way those can work in my mind is if both guys commit to doing both Raw and Smackdown during the course of their fued. Otherwise there's just no quality build-up.

TJizzle

TJizzle

• Members
  • 64 posts
Yeah orton jumping to smackdown is bizzarre but i dont hink taker coming to raw is. he already has problems with Kane, HHH, and many more superstars i think it would be better in the long run. so seeing the orton vs. undertaker match would be a site i would love to see

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Orten vs Taker would be great, I don't want Taker to lose his streak though.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,776 posts
Hence why I don't want to see Orton/Taker at Mania, unless the rumor that Orton will be headed to Smackdown post-Mania is true, in which case, it could spark a nice big feud for Smackdown with the two of them over the following few months.

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
I doubt they'll go through with that Orton V Undertaker match. They want to build Orto into a Superstar, which means he'd have to beat Taker and there's no way 'Taker is going to let them take his streak from him. He'll retire undefeated at Wrestlmanias.

I could see them going with an Orton-Angle match. That might be interesting.

Ultimately I think I'd like to see Batista v HHH at WM, just not for the title. I like Batista but he's not ready. That's never stopped WWE before.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
In the past, people used to get over just by having a huge match w/ a superstar even if they lost. I don't think it'd be a huge problem, especially if Orton gets a fresh start on Smackdown post-WM21.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,134 posts
Am I the only one that doesn't want to see Orton vs. Undertaker? I'd rather see Orton vs. Cena. Or, how about Undertaker vs. Snitsky? Like, they work some angle where Snitsky really 'destroys' Kane, and Undertaker becomes involved, somehow? I don't know.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

Grand Admiral Exodus:
In the past, people used to get over just by having a huge match w/ a superstar even if they lost. I don't think it'd be a huge problem, especially if Orton gets a fresh start on Smackdown post-WM21.

Exactly, as long as Orten put up a fight, it wouldn't hurt him to lose.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,776 posts

3 & 6 years to go...:
Am I the only one that doesn't want to see Orton vs. Undertaker?  I'd rather see Orton vs. Cena.  Or, how about Undertaker vs. Snitsky?  Like, they work some angle where Snitsky really 'destroys' Kane, and Undertaker becomes involved, somehow?  I don't know.

I'd prefer to see any of those matches over Orton/Taker at the moment, too, except maybe Orton/Cena. I'd rather have them save that for down the road at some point once they both have some more time in the spotlight and some more experience. That could be an amazing feud if done properly some day.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Now if Hogan came back & jobbed to Orton, I could deal w/ that. I mean despite what people have said about Hogans drawing power recently & how much better todays stars are in terms of athleticism than he ever was, there's just not a bigger legend in this industry - bottom line. With that said, what bigger lagend is there than Hogan for Orton to "kill?" I say none. This could, if booked properly, be the type of thing that gets Orton over the hump he's stuck on right now where fans are so iffy or 50/50 in terms of being divided & unable to decide if he is the guy they wanna see as a top face.

Other than a Hall of Fame induction, which is unlikely beacuse I don't think Hogans wrestling days (whether they be mainstream or indy) aren't over just yet, I can't think of all that much stuff that I'd rather see him do...or Orton, for that matter, since he's facing Triple H this month right before WM21. He's faced him, he's faced Flair, so in terms of heels just what is left for him? Not much. I like the Hogan/Orton idea that I just threw out there...what do you guys think?

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,776 posts
That's just about the only capacity I could take Hogan in, and I'm curious as to how they could make the feud come about, but I'd guess that they might tie Rock's past history with both into it somehow.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,134 posts
No. I do not want to see Orton vs. Hogan. As much as I love Hogan, he is too slow. Orton deserves better.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
What could be better then a wm win over the greatest Icon in wrestling?

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,776 posts
A wm win over someone who can actually still put on a good wrestling match?

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Hogan still has it in him, he jobbed to lesnar.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,776 posts
That was a few years ago. A lot can happen in a few years.

Just ask Lesnar.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Lesnar dosn't have the heart, or Chrisma that Hogan does.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,776 posts
You miss my point. Someone who's on top of his game one year can be completely worthless a few eyars later. With Hogan, it's even worse. He was already mostly washed up a few years ago. Now, with him getting so old, I can only imagine a few years could make a huge difference in his ability.

Reply to this topic