Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Years Revolution 1/9/05 - dare you ask who won the World Heavyweight Title?

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
nah it was five minutes of

'i'm guna hit you'

'No i'll hit you first'

Then five minutes of taunting. Then five minutes of GB picking up L and slamming him until he beat him

IT WAS UTTER CRAP!!!

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
It wasn't that bad, it was more laughable, it was two guys not impacting each other much, which ended with a good old jackhammer.

It wasn't really that long.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
ahhh it got bored of it and fast-forwarded through the match

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,805 posts
It was the only match at wmXX that I didn't enjoy, where by "didn't enjoy" I mean hated.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
I enjoyed it shrug

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
I really 'didn't enjoy' that match. It is worse than anything else I have EVER seen

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,805 posts
I even enjoyed Taker/Kane, which was such a huge letdown, more than it.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Give me 3 of them over that second chamber match, at least they wrestled even though terribly.

I didn't find taker vs kane a letdown, Kane had to lose.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Taker/Kane needed to go on longer and have a bit more impact

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
You have to keep in mind, they've had many showdows, without stips, there's just so much they can do.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Yeah that was a meh like fight though a bit good a bit GB vs Lesnar ish. But nowhere near as bad

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,805 posts

Stallion:
I didn't find taker vs kane a letdown, Kane had to lose.

I found it to be a letdown simply because I've seen far greater matches between the two of them where it was much more than just one getting in a good offense followed by the other doing the same and getting a pin. Maybe I just had too great of expectations for it. shrug

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts

Stallion:
Goldberg vs Lesnar was bad, but it was watchable.

I only found it interesting because I was waiting in suspense for the inevitable Stunners to be handed out, along w/ laughing my ass off at the much-deserved crowd tauting towards those two jackasses.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
It was Stupid and annoying so i skipped it!!!

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
I was watching it live on ppv, so I couldn't skip it.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Same here, but that's when I took my bathroom/drink refill/grab more pizza from the kitchen break.

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
SH*T MAN! I live in Puerto Rico for over 18 freakin years and all we ever got were crapy shows where some WWF guys would wrestle guys from the P.R. fed. Now they have a PPV while im not there... freaking great.

I like elimination chambers. The 1st one was pretty damn good IMO. With the right mix of guys in there, the match could turn out to be very good. The guys everyone is talking about as being in it could potentially put on an amazing match.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Who were the contestants in the first one? I know RVD was in there because he made it kind of exciting, the way he was jumping off the walls like Spidey-Man!

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I hate Elimination Chamber matches. I just do not like triple threats of fatal four-ways or whatever you call them as the number grows (barring, of course, the battle royale/Royal Rumble) And that's really all the Elimination Chamber is, just in a fancy setting. I guess the fact that I've hated the ones WWE has had thus far doesn't help things either. Maybe they'll surprise me.

Still though, I'd rather see a playoff-type tournament on the Raw shows leading up to the PPV where the remaining two competitors face off in the main event. That's the kind of thing I like to see when a title is vacant.

Also, I'm surprised their initial lineup doesn't include HBK. Shouldn't he conceivably be back by then? I thought he was only supposed to be out for two months? Maybe not. But if he is available they'd be fools not to add him to it. There's no easier way to lend instant credibility to a match and ensure a few awesome moments than by putting Shawn Michaels in there.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Unless he's gonna cost Edge the title like Edge cost him the title... :(

It's a good feud waiting to happen, but I really want Edge to win this thing.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I'd love it too but I don't see it in the cards. I don't see a heel winning the title because it wouldn't leave many smooth options in order to get the title back to Triple H in time for the Wrestlemania main event. If Triple H/Orton indeed that is still their plan. After this PPV Raw would only have the Royal Rumble before Wrestlemania, and even if Edge dropped the title there, it would be to a face, so he would then have to drop it to Triple H before Wrestlemania, leaving only Raw to do that. And they don't do world title switches on tv anymore. I mean, there are ways to make it work, it's not impossible, but it all requires outside the norm booking, which is something WWE hasn't done in a very long time.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I don't see Orton/HHH being their primary objective anymore. Right now it looks like HHH/Batista is more likely than Orton/HHH. We've seen Edge interact w/ the likes of HBK, Benoit, & now Orton since his definitive heel turn. That gives them 3 options going into W21, and you could possibly call Jericho a 4th (although distant) option.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Well if that is the case then I'm all for it. I'm not sold on Orton being out of the title picture for Wrestlemania, so I think it'd be cool if they leaned toward a Triple H/Batista showdown and had Orton vs. Edge be the World Title match. I'd pay to see that. Those two matches right there would be the beginnings of a solid card.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Meh, edge vs Orten just dosn't excite me, I believe it will be a good raw match, but it's to close to wrestlemania to have it, inless there's some stip, assuming they even meet at wm21 at all.

quote:

There's no easier way to lend instant credibility to a match and ensure a few awesome moments than by putting Shawn Michaels in there.

But the first chamber had hbk, and you didn't like that one I agree with you on the second though.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

Delorean:
Who were the contestants in the first one? I know RVD was in there because he made it kind of exciting, the way he was jumping off the walls like Spidey-Man!

RVD
Kane
Y2J
HHH
HBK
errrrr *Looks at DVD*
Booker T