Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Years Revolution 1/9/05 - dare you ask who won the World Heavyweight Title?

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
from impactwrestling.com:

--

quote:

There is talk in WWE of holding the WWE World Heavyweight Title up until the New Year’s Revolution PPV. They are thinking of doing a multiple-wrestler Elimination Chamber match.

The lineup for the match as it stands right now, would most likely be Triple H, Edge, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, and Randy Orton. There are no plans to have Batista in it right now, however this is just the first lineup, and things could change.

An Elimination Chamber match would most likely get a massive pop from the crowd in Puerto Rico, since there has never been one there.

--

http://www.ticketpop...ges.asp?id=1372

New Year’s Revolution Sunday, January 9, 2005 in Puerto Rico

Could it be that this will be Eric Bischoffs solution to the World Heavyweight Championship scenario...the Elimination Chamber? If so, then I have my reservations about it. I mean IMO, it should be decided between Benoit & Edge. I had a feeling that w/ next weeks Edge/Orton match beeing booked & HHH chair attack on Jericho & Benoit, that they might be straying away from that.

I say if this is a go, Batista is your 6th chamber participant & he somehow plays a hand in Triple H not winning the match.

My pick/choice to win? Edge. Get him over as the top heel by having him overcome the odds to do what he's never been able to do before & what (his character says) nobody has ever wanted him to achieve & has even held him back from achieving. Recent history has the odds of a face winning & going into WM as champion to be slim, so that could be very good (for Edge) or very bad (for us...meaning Triple H could win it).

Having Jericho & Benoit & Edge in there together presents some interesting possibilities. But in all likelyhood, Jericho is just a spot filler & would never be considered to win...unfortunately.

So I guess we'll wait & see what happens, but this is an interesting developement...

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Thats Raw's answer to everything!!! Elimination Chamber! Elimination Chamber! Thats all that ever happens

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
I think having an Elimination Chamber is the best option to crowing the new World Champion. I like this idea much better that a tournament or just handing Triple H the title like past title vacancies...

Can someone please refresh my memory of the rules for the Elimination Chamber for me?

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
6 men in ring

4 locked in chambers every 5mins one comes out

but overall: HHH WINS!!!!

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
So there is no limit as to how many men are out at once then?

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
no just every 5 mins one person comes out until all six are in the ring

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,710 posts

UK Legend Killa:
Thats Raw's answer to everything!!! Elimination Chamber! Elimination Chamber! Thats all that ever happens

All that ever happens? It's happened twice. The last time was almost a year and a half ago. Quit overreacting.

I think Ex may be onto something. Here's how I'd like to see it play out: during the match, Batista and HHH work well together most of the way through, until eventually, Hunter eliminates Batista. This, of course, pisses him off, and he finally goes ape**** like we all want him to and beats Hunter down. HHH then gets eliminated next, leaving it down to Edge and either Benoit or Orton (I know this basically leaves Jericho to be eliminated first, and as much as I want him to be champion over anyone else, I honestly don't think they'll ever give it to him again, but that's for another thread). Finally, Edge wins the belt, cleanly, over whoever's left.

At the Royal Rumble, then, Edge defends against either HHH or Benoit and retains. Orton, of course, wins the Rumble, since it's been painfully obvious that he will for a while now (which is both good and bad to me: good because it's someone new to win it and someone that deserves it, but bad because I like the aura of unpredictability in my favorite pay per view of the year... but that's ALSO for another thread). This sets up the main event of Edge vs Orton for WM, and the other big RAW money maker match, Triple H vs Batista.

Kinda leaves Benoit and Jericho out to dry, though. I don't know, why not try to turn one of them heel and let them battle each other? They always **** out great matches. Plus, if one of them's heel, that'll be a perfect spring board to feud with face champion Orton in the months after WM.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,776 posts
I don't think it's a given for Orton to win the Rumble. It could be a Smackdown guy that wins it and faces (and jobs) to JBL. Then Orton could face the RAW Champion at WM21.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
HHH will start first and will win the title, its just another way for him to get another title reign on his record without actually losing it in the first place. Both Elimination Chamber matches have sucked and this won't me much better, it has Benoit in though so it will probably be the best of the 3.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
The second elimination chamber was another Goldberg Lasnar matchup with the worst way toend it EVER!!! (until HHH retains it in the next one)

The thing was that it had been done before. What else could they do to make it better?? They had a 5 star from a chamber and a head through the 'bullet proof' glass, plus with no RVD it lacked any spice or variety. Also Orton was still a heel which was bad.

I'd think we'll see:

1st elimination-Jericho by Benoit or Batista
2nd elimination-Batista by HHH
3rd elimination-Orton by HHH
4th elimination-HHH by Benoit
5th elimination-Benoit by Edge

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts

Rock:
I don't think it's a given for Orton to win the Rumble.  It could be a Smackdown guy that wins it and faces (and jobs) to JBL.  Then Orton could face the RAW Champion at WM21.

I know this is off topic but, I would like to see Kurt Angle win the rumble and jump ships to Raw and challenge HHH, assuming HHH wins back the belt.

HHH vs. Angle was an awesome feud and I like Angle as a face as well...

Chatham

Chatham

like old job

• Members
  • 8,728 posts

UK Legend Killa:
6 men in ring

he lost the elimination chamber at Survivor Series to Shawn Michales once.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts

DESTINY:
I know this is off topic but, I would like to see Kurt Angle win the rumble and jump ships to Raw and challenge HHH, assuming HHH wins back the belt.

The problem there would be thats exactly what happened last year and it would give off the impression the RAW title is more important than the Smackdown one, and that HHH is the man to beat. Angle should win this years, challenge Bradshaw and keep him in the ankle lock for 25 minutes, get the title back and start to put Smackdown back on track.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

Chatham:

Chatham:
6 men in ring

Yeah at SS that was the only good chamber I think the other one was just same old jobbing out to HHH

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,828 posts
The elimination chamber could actually be an interesting way to address the Title situation at the time. I think that a tournament could work also here, but for once, I could see having the elimnation chamber make sense storyline-wise since we have 5 or 6 legitimate challenegers for the belt.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts

Rock:
I don't think it's a given for Orton to win the Rumble.  It could be a Smackdown guy that wins it...

John Cena. I've been predicting this for the past 4 months. The US Title situation is the only thing that throws a wrench into that idea. If JBL holds onto it until then, that's fine w/ me because it makes him looks credible to hold onto the belt for that long & that helps put Cena over when he beats him. If Angle gets it somehow, even better. Cena & Angle have a brief history, and Angle makes everyone from local jobbers to the Big Show look like a million bucks when they're in the ring w/ him.

And his absence is no problem either. Remember, HBK came back from a huge off-period from TV & storylines to win the Royal Rumbe & go on to WM12 where he won the WWF Title from Bret Hart.

Smackdown got the RR winner going to WM world title scenario first (Lesnar going on to face Angle), then Raw got it (Benoit winning, jumping ship, and facing Triple H), so it could very well be Smackdowns turn.

--

I'm still sticking w/ Edge for a few reasons:

1) Raw needs another top heel
2) It makes for match possibilities we have yet to see in high-profile feuds that have worked on the mid-card scale: Edge/Orton, Edge/Jericho, and then of course the recent Edge/Benoit stuff has been great...and lets not forget the eventual Edge/HBK showdown
3) To push Edge back at this point would be illogical
4) It would also kill his best singles run yet...and possibly bury him once & for all ala Booker T & RVD when their chances for a push were derailed & it resulted in failed singles careers

One thing to remember is that they could scrap Edge's chances at being world champion & pair him w/ HBK for WM21. The match & storyline would be great, but it'd be a huge letdown 'cause I think Edge really needs this win & to be world champion to finally get over to the point where he should be by now.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Unlike placing RVD in there, which actually made it better but, why would he have a shot at the World title. No offense like but come on.....

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

Chatham:

Chatham:
6 men in ring

But in the second chamber, instead of jobbing to goldberg and saving the show, he didn't wrestle the match, hits goldberg with the hammer, and gets the win. So when it comes to hhh in the chambers, he's in the negatives for me. Now in this thrid one, if he's first out, I'll forgive him, but he ruined that ppv for me, I wouldn't have cared if it was raw.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Yeah a poor climax to Summerslam

I agree that Raw needs another top heel, Evolution has lost its charm

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Sorry about *****ing about something a year and a half ago guys, but that match almost made me stop watching in general. Hopefully hhh loses this time around.

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
That's OK Stal... I understand completely.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
It was another GB vs Lesnar match with such a poor ending Heyman musta been off the team

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,710 posts
what?

goldberg and lesnar have had one match, at wrestlemania... what the hell are you talking about?

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
it was like another GB vs Lesnar match is what I meant, so bad it made me cry!!!

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Goldberg vs Lesnar was bad, but it was watchable.