Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WWE Releases: WWE and Muhammad Hassan Part Ways

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I got to see Vader live...and A-Train, and Test, and even Billy Gunn (the latter 3 several times). What's funnt is how good their wrestling looks in person as opposed to on TV. Their lack of athletisicm is less apparent when you're watching the events live & in person.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Test, who has been out recovering from neck surgery since June, was informed of his recent WWE release over the phone by Johnny Ace. Ace assured Test that the decision was made solely by Vince McMahon

In an almost unheard of practice, WWE let the wrestler go while he was out and physically unable to work. He will need at least six more months to recover.

After asking Ace what he is supposed to do now that he can't work for six months. In an unsettling moment, Ace commented by saying something along the lines of "we hoped you saved some money." He then told Test to call WWE when he was healthy, to which Test replied "no thanks."

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
MORE RELEASES

From Wrestlezone.com

quote:

Credit: WWE.com

The WWE released Gail Kim, Chuck Palumbo and Nidia from their contracts today. We wish them the best in their future endeavors.

This comes as a shock off the heels of WWE.com releasing Test, Billy Gunn, and A-Train.

It is even more of a shock considering the fact that Nidia and Gail Kim have been somewhat regulars on Raw for awhile.

More on this as it comes.

Looks like they're really getting rid of the 'dead weight'... interesting Gail kim is gone, she was a little bit green, but had the moves.

Very interesting indeed. And Nidia, doesnt that make you think that season of Tough Enough was a waste? I love how Nowinski is still 'around' but Nidia gets fired.

As for all these releases, makes me think that they're making room for newbies?

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Nowinski is still around? he's not on the site, is he in ovw or something?

As for this current release wow.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Nowinski is either a trainer or Road Agent. he suffered some serious concussions and I believe his career is pretty well over.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
How dumb, he stays, but Nidia and Gail, who have been regulars, get released.

I don't see the wwe's logic.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,805 posts
Yeah, Gail and Nidia are a bit shocking, especially since Gail was even on tv on monday helping Trish out for no apparent reason. shrug

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Nowinski has Chronic Concussion Syndrom, not much different from the condition Bret Hart has. Less severe, but more chronic & repetitive as the name implies. I assume he's being kept in the event that his condition imroves 'cause he was one of Raws best damn mic workers in the dark ages right after the brand extension.

Chuck & Nidia...that kinda suprises me. They just gave Chuck the new angle of "Chucky P" & gave him new music, ring attire, and a new character. Nidia just wasn't getting over. IMO they tried to change her look too often & never established a solid gimmick for her. Too bad...she was kinda cute until they started trying to change her look shrug

Gail...eh? Didn't they just use her 2 nights ago? Did they even think this through? I mean seriously this makes no sense.

Reminds me much of last winter...and the winter before that. It's like they do Spring Cleaning, except it's in the winter/late fall/early spring...same timeframe every year.

So this year we've got:

- Rikishi
- Test
- Billy Gunn
- A-Train
- Gail Kim
- Nidia
- Jamie Noble
- Ryan Sakoda

Please let me know if I failed to mention somebody, this happens so often now that sometimes I tend to forget unimpres

Remember THIS? thread of mine from last year? Remember how many names stacked up on the list in such a short amount of time, either form being fired or from a "mutual parting of ways?" Quick rundown:

- Brian "Spanky" Kendrick
- Zach Gowan
- Ernest "The Cat" Miller
- Kanyon
- Ron "Faarooq" Simmons
- Brian "Grandmaster Sexay" Lawler
- Terri Runnels
- Sean O'Haire

Same timeframe a year before that:

- Jeff Hardy
- Justin Credible
- Raven
- Mike Awesome
- Perry Saturn
- Ron Waterman
- Horace Hogan
- Roddy Piper

All of that was over the course of 2 months. I argued that it was a mass firing spree at the time w/ some mixed in "mutual releases" where they allowed certain peoples dignity to be spared, or just told them if they didn't quit at the time that they wouldn't be used & would eventually be fired anyway.

They did it 2 years ago. They did it last year. Here we f*cking go again. I'm looking out for:

- Val Venis
- Rosey
- Steven Richards
- Rodney Mack
- Akio
- Paul London
- Garrison Cade

I had a feeling this was coming again, it's become a dirty little habit of theirs...

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
man.. i really hope they keep Rosey..

This is dumb..

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,751 posts
I'm kina ticked off abou Gail Kim. She was doomed from the start. Giving her the title on the first name, then following it up with ZERO, yes ZERO storylines. They turned her heel with no one to feud with! She had great ring skills, but now we'll never see them.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
This puts Raw back at having Victoria, Lita, Trish, Molly, and Jazz. Stacy sort of counts but not too much because she's just eye candy...okay, she counts. But the two divas released were good wrestlers. I honestly don't see the logic.

And I seriously hope they're finished firing people...

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
She also had great ASSets.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Look at this list of departing talent either from firings, "mutual agrrements," or quitting...it's amazing to me:

- Kevin Nash
- Spanky
- Zach Gowen
- Ernest Miller
- Bill Goldberg
- Brock Lesnar
- Farooq
- Terri Runnels
- Stone Cold Steve Austin
- Brian Christopher
- Scott Steiner
- Chavo Guerrero Sr.
- Jacqueline
- Rue DeBona
- Sakoda
- Rikishi
- Sable
- Jamie Noble
- Tom Prichard
- Pat Patterson
- A-Train
- Billy Gunn
- Test
- Gail Kim
- Nidia
- Chuck Palumbo

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
More people released...

The WWE released Johnny Stamboli, Rodney Mack, and Jazz.

WTF? is there something going on here. Is there a secret roster we don't know about yet that WWE hired? Does Vince need to make room for new hires?

Vince: Hey you...

Michael Cole: *gulp* me sir?

Vince: Yes, you... I hear you are announcing matches on nAw.

Michael Cole: only a little sir.

Vince: You know what Mr. McMahon think of little things don't you?

Michael Cole: sir? :confused:

Vince: Your.. FIIiiiiirrrreeed!

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Seriously this is just crap. What's that now, 9 firings in 4 days? What the f*ck?

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
Let's just hope our CEO doesn’t follow suite on nAw.

:P

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,751 posts
NOOO!!!! Not Rodney Mack! He's the Mack Militant!

And the loss of Jazz... There goes more eye candy...

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
I think Vince is either loosing it or has something brilliant up his sleeves.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts

Rock:
NOOO!!!! Not Rodney Mack!  He's the Mack Militant!

wink.gif  

And the loss of Jazz... There goes more eye candy...

Well it makes no sense...I was just reading something a few months ago over at PWTorch from Jim Ross about "WWE's future plans for Rodney Mack & Jazz." They ahd planned some inter-gender tag matches & thing like that w/ Steven Richards & Victoria, and were even contemplating sending him back to Smackdown to feud w/ John Cena.

I'm not understanding these poeple anymore. Other than just releasing people because they're too lazy or because they horizons aren't broad enough to think of ways to pus people who can't use a mic, they isn't any logic to this.

And firing a guy who's injured is pretty stupid if you think about it. Test could seek legal action I think, just as Perry Saturn could have when he fired fired while recoverying from ACL surgery (but chose not to sue because he had hoped to wrestle for WWE again someday).

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,751 posts
The only one of the 9 people that sucks is Gail Kim. I could care less about the other ones.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Stamboli & A-Train I can understand. But they told Gunn to get into rehab so he could come back, gave Palumbo a new gimmick, used Gail on Monday night, traded Nidia to Raw just over 6 months ago & failed to utilize her...I dunno, I mean they're not huge talents but it still bothers me.

This doesn't even touch the talent they let go 2 years ago in that firing spree, but I still kind of wonder what brought this on...

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Well, would Pat Patterson and Bruce Pritchard count too?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I would say so, but Bruce Prichard needs to go. He's one of the narrow-minded poeple that causes guys like this to never get a chance.

And he's back, BTW...

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Since when....and Why!

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,805 posts
Well, the count according to a page last night was 26 wrestlers let go, or walking out, just this year from WWE, and you can make that 29 now, although I think it may be even more because I'm pretty sure I didn't see someone on the list who I remember getting released. shrug