Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WWE Releases: WWE and Muhammad Hassan Part Ways

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
The WWE's official site is now reporting that Test has also been released, along with A-Train & Billy Gunn. Here is the official statement:

A-Train, Billy Gunn released

The WWE released A-Train and Billy Gunn from their contracts today. We wish them the best in their future endeavors.

Credit: WWE.com

The choice to release both men from their contract doesn't come as any suprise to me. Billy Gunn has been dealing with a variety of injuries that has kept him on the shelf for most of the year. There were also reports saying that he was having problems with WWE management as well.

A-Train has only been seen on WWE TV a couple of times since he was traded from Smackdown to Raw with Chuck Palumbo for Rico & Miss Jackie due to the fact that WWE management had nothing for him to do storyline wise.
-------------------------------------------------

Shocked to see Billy Gunn leave in a way. But then again his time has been coming ever since he turned Homo. I could care less about that walking human rug, A-Train.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
Billy had Drug issues, I think. He was going to go to rehab last I heard.

Or was that someone else?

As for A-Train... he was on RAW??

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
A-Train should've been fired years ago.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,815 posts
No real loss from my viewpoint. shrug

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

Darth_Bane:
Billy had Drug issues, I think. He was going to go to rehab last I heard.

Or was that someone else?

As for A-Train... he was on RAW??

yes He was with the raw roaster, but he didn't do anyting.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
Better add Test to the list of released Wrestlers...

Just read it on Wrestlezone.com

Much like A-Train and Billy, I could care less, really.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Already done it three minutes ago.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,752 posts

Darth Dude:
A-Train should've been fired years ago.

There goes that Gilette Mach 3 Turbo endorsment...

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
If Test goes will Stacey go too?

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Well test already went.

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
that sucks.. I liked Test..

Stacey better not go :mad:

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Well, that sucks, I was a Testicle...

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,815 posts
Test must have been cleared to return to the ring since they have a policy of not releasing wrestlers while they're injured.

I hope Stacy doesn't go, but I'm sure they thought this out. Or at least I'd like to think that they would have. shrug

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
haha, I wouldn't go that far.. but I would go as far ast to say that I was/am a fan of Test thumbs_u

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
In all reality, this just shows how much power Shane McMahon has lost in the WWE. Think about it. he was always a real big fan of Test and knew he could go places. If Shane had a word in this then Test wouldn't have been released.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,815 posts
Well, Test was also given some pretty good pushes before his last few little bouts of injuries and didn't receive good fan reaction, really. Then he got injured a few times, so I can't say that I really blame them for letting him go.

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
I fear that Stacie will probably leave soon. Test and Stacie are engaged...

I don't get it... They fire Test and bring in Vistera??? Does that make sense?

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,752 posts
Stacey won't go anywhere. Why would she? Just because her boyfriend is no longer with the company? I don't thnk she'd give up this gig. Plus, one of them needs to be employed :)

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

smarter than the average bear

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
No loss at all! Gunn was cool back in the late 90s with DX, but hasn't been since. Atrain was terrible and Test was also a bland character with no mic presence or in-ring talents.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I disagree. Test & Billy Gunn & A-Train all had decent talent, but not the right type of talent...such as a Shelton Benjamin, Edge, or Christian; they had wrestling ability, but not a high level of agility or athleticism. JBL's style is of a throwback variety just as theirs all is, only trouble is the WWE marketing machine wasn't backing them.

--

- Billy Gunn has been backstage at TNA shows several times over the past few months, and I wouldn't be a bit suprised if he ends up we/ TNA just in time for Victory Road. I know he's been in rehab & whatnot, but such things haven't stopped TNA from bringing in guys like Luger & Scott Hall. So me may see the New Age Outlaws in TNA...

- Test hasn't recovered yet. He only returned to house shows about 3 or 4 months ago when it was determined that he'd need spinal fusion surgery like that of Rhyno, Austin, Benoit, and Edge. So he couldn't possibly be healed yet. Maybe they came to some kind of verbal agreement/cash settlement where they paid off the rest of his contract to him & let him walk

- A-Train...eh, no suprise. Last time he wrestled was at Heat tapings in Houston back in June. They've only used him at house shows since then, and those appearances were few & far between. I have no idea what will become of this guy. TNA is of course an option, but guys like A-Train enjoy tons of success in Japan. I mean look at Big Van Vader & Stan Hansen, right? He should turn up someplace.

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts

DESTINY:
I don't get it... They fire Test and bring in Vistera??? Does that make sense?

Only in a backwards bizarro world.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
Actually thinking about this... this shouldnt be referred to as 'WWE Releasing Talent' it should be known as 'TNA Shopping Time'... give it 3 months.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
In Billy Gunns case, I still think he might be in TNA just in time for Victory Road. I don't know if TNA would let an oppertunity like that pass by, unless of course there are complications that prevent them from doing so.

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
i still hate to see them go thumbs_d

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Big van Vader appeared in some nontelevised show near me at a local arena, of course I found out the day after it happened.