Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fact Or Crap: Wrestling Version

1050 replies to this topic

xdflwr

xdflwr

diet cokehead

• Members
  • 5,143 posts
crap. self-explanatory. ;)

fact or crap: there's a current diva on the wwe roster with the capability to wrestle a decent match.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I think that's fact. Although rarely consistant, you have the likes of Molly, Victoria, and Gail who can all put on great matches. Why they sometimes can pull out total yawners is beyond me, but they're very capable. Since returning from surgery Lita hasn't been great...but passable. And I still give Trish all the respect in the world for what she can do in the ring. While nothing great by normal standards, she's the only diva who entered the WWE soley as eye candy and just a valet who worked to actually train and learn the trade.

Fact or Crap: Brock Lesnar was an overrated WWE superstar.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
Crap. He was not overrated... merely over exposed wayyyyyy too soon. Had he had a proper introduction and build up, he could have been phenomanal.

FoC: Rock Maedo > The Rock

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Crap, The Rock is more entertaining

fOC; should linda mchman return to tv?

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Crap, WTF could she do to entertain us? Go into a coma again?

FoC: D'Lo Brown could have been World Title Contender if not for the accident.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Crap, he just wasn't talented enough

quote:

Crap. Don't get me wrong, I think you guys could write a pretty damn decent show, I just don't see any wrestling program getting up into the 6.0 range again anytime soon. We'll have to wait for the next big boom (if there is one), to ever see those types of numbers again.

We'd get a boom if everything was adressed in my thread, when the former boomers/attituders/dxers find the time to tune in, they usually complain because they tend to tune in on a bad week, and many weeks recently have been bad, with an ok or good one in there.

FOC: HHH is the greatest wrestler of all time, and deserves all the title shots and reigns he gets!

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Heh. Definitely crap. He's not the best from a technical standpoint (I'd say either Bret Hart, Beniot, or Angle), nor an iconic standpoint (Hulk Hogan).

Fact or Crap: The Undertaker (Dead Man) is the best gimmick in WWE history.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Crap, it's a fun gimmick and is cartoony and I Love It, but I dont think its the best.

FoC: Tazz needs to go back on the active SmackDown! Roster.

CheckV1.5

CheckV1.5

• Members
  • 568 posts
Fact:He is an awesome entertainer.and well..Smackdown! kinda needs it

FOC:Will Jeff Hardy ever return to the WWE ring?

xdflwr

xdflwr

diet cokehead

• Members
  • 5,143 posts

Delorean:
WTF could she do to entertain us? Go into a coma again?

hahaha

we've already had this one. i think that as long as matt is on the roster kicking ass, jeff will have the opportunity to eventually return.

fact or crap: big show is actually 7' 500 pounds.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Crap: He's really 450 pounds

quote:

Heh. Definitely crap. He's not the best from a technical standpoint (I'd say either Bret Hart, Beniot, or Angle), nor an iconic standpoint (Hulk Hogan).

Never thought you'd say that laugh

FOC: Rock is a good actor.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Fact...I think he's a great actor, not to mention a great sports entertainer in jsut about every capacity

Fact or Crap: The best tag team in WWF history could very well be the Hart Foundation...

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Fact: Emphasize the word 'could'. Bulldogs, Demolition, LOD and Dudley's rank up there and also 'could' be the greatest tag team also.

FoC: Hogans New wrestling promotion with Ted Turner will work out.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Crap: but only because the wwe will buy it out, but before it does, it will help lead to another boom causing the wwe to have to make consitant good shows, instead of constant crap

FOC: the wwe should realise the old ppv's on tape and dvd once again, and not just the wrestlemanias.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Fact: It is money in the bank right. Only don't make the PPVs $20 a pop. Make them about $9.44

FoC: nWo could be succesful in WWE if done right.

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
Crap: NWO has to be a heel stable. When u bring back superstars like Hall and Nash,.. and ESPECIALLY Hogan, they will get face reactions. For the NWO to work it would have to be the original NWO... not to mention that NWO was succesful because so many ppl believed it was real.

FoC: Owen Hart would have been a fixture in the WWE upper card had the accident not happened.

Delorean

Delorean

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
Crap, he had a crappy gimmick (nugget and blue blazer) at the time and he would have been overshadowed by other more charismatic wrestlers.

FoC: Undertaker will go into WM XXI the WWE Champion.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Crap: If he wins it he'll lose it at the rumble.

FoC: All this fans that say WWE product sucks are just looking for something to hate in it.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Fact: Some people are never happy no matter how hard they try.

FoC: WrestleMania XXI will be John Cena vs. Randy Ortan.

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
Crap. If it's for the title you know HHH will be there.

FoC: Bret screwed Bret.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
Crap: all vince had to do was tell him no

Fact: HHH should retire, or step down from the high card

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Crap. He may have an ego, he may play backstage games, but the bottom line is he's still a very good performer. His in-ring skills aren't what they used to be, but he can still work good matches, and he's great on the mic. There's absolutely no reason for him to retire yet, and stepping down from the high card would accomplish little as he wouldn't fit in anywhere else. He needs to step down from the title picture for a while, but that's as far down as he should be.

FoC: The fall of WCW hurt WWE more than it helped them.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Crap! To compete with WCW The WWF(E) resorted to vulger and crude Jerry Springer like tactics. This lead us to crap like May Young giving birth to a hand. Since the fall of WCW we have seen technical Wrestlers emerge like Kurt Angle, Brock Lesner, Chris Benoit and Eddie Gurrerro. We have two distinct (lately they have become less so) brands with one focusing one on technical and the other on story.

FoC: McMahon family members dominating story lines is a thing of the past (with the exception of the occasional appearence and matches.)

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

quote:

He may have an ego, he may play backstage games, but the bottom line is he's still a very good performer. His in-ring skills aren't what they used to be, but he can still work good matches, and he's great on the mic. There's absolutely no reason for him to retire yet, and stepping down from the high card would accomplish little as he wouldn't fit in anywhere else. He needs to step down from the title picture for a while, but that's as far down as he should be.

there you go, that's the jason solo I know though I disagree with that (he has been on top for over 5 years, it's about time for him to let orten and the other new commers take the show, and on the mid card he can still win, but he won't be the main importance of the show anymore. But at least I see your back to normal.

Crap: i see them returning someday

FOC: Rock should stop being a jobber

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Fact. At some point, Rock will lose credability as a guy that puts up & comers over if he doesn't rack up some wins & shows signs of that which got him to the dance in the first place.

Fact or Crap: WWE fans will someday see the return of Ken Shamrock on Raw or Smackdown?

Reply to this topic