Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WRESTLEMANIA XX - Where is begins.... again! - SPOILERS NOW WELCOME! BE WARNED! GONG!

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,713 posts
Owen RIP, but not Davey or Perfect?

Sorry. I know that's not what you meant, it just seemed weird to say RIP for one guy, then list two more deceased wrestlers after him.

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
my bad... Perfect and Davey deserve just as much respect as Owen... It just slipped my mind somehow... shouldnt have... sorry again

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,713 posts
nah, it wasn't a big deal, I prolly would've done the same thing

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
Well after tonight's Smackdown, I am thinking Eddie may take at NWO. The he and Kurt match up for the WWE title at WM. Brock vs. Goldberg will just be a high card match.

Y2Clay

Y2Clay

• Members
  • 480 posts
that would actually be quite interesting if that happened, Tank.

Plus, that makes it slightly less obvious who would win at WM between Lesnar and Goldberg because they could always pull a surprise deal at the last minute and have Goldberg stick around longer.

Actually, they could pull a nice storyline out of this.

Have Goldberg make his first appearance on Smackdown related TV at No Way Out possibly..maybe not, but this could still work otherwise.

Have him cost Lesnar the title at No Way Out.

sure, it doesn't give Eddie the clean win, but it would get him the title, nonetheless and then he could go on to put forth some grat feuds as champ.

Hell, they could later do a Brock/Eddie rematch where Eddie retains the belt cleanly (cleanly for Eddie, at least .

I just assumed he would lose at No Way Out, but this would make things much more interesting if this happened.

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
After seeing Eddie and Angle match up in that rumble, I am really excited to see them work together, They would be a great WM match-- and Eddie deserves it.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Dude you are totally onto something...

Let's go w/ this idea & lets say that Goldberg comes out of left field & takes out Lesnar during his match w/ Eddie Guerrero at NWO. Guerrero wins the title, then (if at hasn't happened already) Kurt reveals himself as the mystery attacker & sets up a damn good Smackdown! world title match!

Or...Goldberg has nothing to do w/ the main event between Eddie & Brock, but instead Angle then reveals himself as Guerrero's mystery attacker from last night by coming out & blatantly costing Eddie his match w/ Brock at NWO.

I'd prefer the first option to the second, but hey at least we've got some options! And here I thought that w/ Benoit going to Raw, that Smackdown!'s world title picture was gonna get downsized compared to Raw...

...excellent idea Tank thumbs_u Now that's why Tank is the nAw CEO :D

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
HEH. If I was booking I'd do it all clean of course. Eddie beats Brock at NMO with no interference and just a bit of signature Guerro cheatin.

Angle is already pissed about losing the rumble, it works if he is or isn't the attacker. Following week on Smackdown, Angle and Eddie start a program based ont he build up. Angle getting in his business, the attack, etc. Both can kind of hover in that lovable heel place they both occupy.

Meanwhile on that first SD after NMO, Goldberg makes himself known and starts stalking Brock, setting up a match at WM where no titles are involved. That way Goldberg's contract won't effect any post WM storylines. Even if he wins, he doesn't have to stay.

That gives both shows a Big title match (Eddie vs. Kurt and HHH vs. Benoit) and a high profile grudge match match between monsters (Brock vs. Goldberg and Kane vs. Taker)

Also notice that Rey was Eddie's buddy ladt night and attacked Chavo. This gives Chavo a window into being back in the cruiser division.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Chavo vs Mysterio is probably for NWO, but again just like Rey vs Noble, I don't wanna see the title change hands. I like Noble & I like Chavo, but Mysterio just got that thing back from Tajiri (who had it for a decent amount of time). I wouldn't wanna see the cruiserweight title start getting wh0red around like the other belts. Plus it makes Rey look weak to lose it again this soon.

Only positive there is that it helps elevate Chavo. Fresh out of a high-profile rivalry w/ Eddie, his mere presence in the cruiserweight scene (especially as champion) would serve to elevate the belts status a bit perhaps.

I wouldn't mind seeing Baldo Guerrero Sr. stick around by Chavo's side a little while longer either laugh

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

quote:

Have Goldberg make his first appearance on Smackdown related TV at No Way Out possibly..maybe not, but this could still work otherwise.

Have him cost Lesnar the title at No Way Out.

sure, it doesn't give Eddie the clean win, but it would get him the title, nonetheless and then he could go on to put forth some grat feuds as champ.

I think that is a great idea. You mention the concern that it doesn't give Eddie the clean win, but ways around that is to have the heel cheat before the run-in, get some sort of unfair upper-hand that would spell doom for the face. Then you have Goldberg do a run-in, and that way instead of it making Eddie look weak by giving him an unfair advantage, it would simply be Goldberg evening the odds out.

Y2Clay

Y2Clay

• Members
  • 480 posts
that could be done, too, but it would also work here, I think, if Eddie won it unfairly and then later defended against Brock without outside interference.

as well as doing the same against other wrestlers efore hand.

It could be what allows the feud to continue, basically.

but I like your idea for it, too.

either way it could work.

Creep

Creep

The Hardcore Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 168 posts
I have to wonder where RVD will be for WMXX. Not sidelined, I hope. Maybe Foley could cost Orton the IC title between now & then, and we could have another ladder match between RVD & the CLB - Christian.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts

Creep:
I have to wonder where RVD will be for WMXX. Not sidelined, I hope. Maybe Foley could cost Orton the IC title between now & then, and we could have another ladder match between RVD & the CLB - Christian.

I think Christian will end up facing Jericho. So my picks for a match with RVD would be Matt Hardy or HBK. Heck, how about a triple threat ladder match? devil

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
If the rumors about Matt Hardy having "something big planned by the creative team" are true, then HBK isn't out of the question for Matt. As for RVD, who knows? He may be off the card. In fact, it could be an issue regarding his yet to be renewed contract, which expires shortly (I dunno the specifics though). They do plan to resign him...I'm 99.9% sure...so yeah he needs a WM match-up, as does Booker T.

Y2Clay

Y2Clay

• Members
  • 480 posts
yeah, a jericho/christian match would rock!

and who did edge face when he got hurt. just wondering

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts

quote:

As for RVD, who knows? He may be off the card

I'd hate to see RVD not on the Mania card this year, especially after he missed out last year and was left to that Heat tag match. If Matt AND RVD are both left off the card then I'll just flip out.

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
Matt and Christian vs. HBK and Y2J

TLC 5

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
Add the Dudleys to that TLC and you'd get a decent match. Also, maybe La Resistance and possibly the S.H.I.T crew...

I think that could be a possibility. Give them something to do during WMXX... big match, big event... doesnt need much build... just do it for the tag titles and have Bischoff just say "because of the big event, we need a big stip!" TLC!

You know?

The only reason I say put more people in the match is because of a couple things. Means those guys get exposure in the biggest event in Wrestling history and also, 4 men is not enough for a TLC... Because TLC is all about high spots and death defying feats. So, you'll have a twist-of-fate from the top of a ladder, then a massive elbow from HBK to Christian... not enough time for Hardy and Jericho to recover, you know? So add more to the mix, let everyone have there big spots etc... could be awesome!

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
btw, shall we make this the No Way Out thread as well??

Or shall we sticky a seperate one as well?

I am happy to edit the first post to include No Way Out... considering it is part of the Road To WrestleMania...

But, I am happy to make/sticky another one... up to ya'll!

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Since I normally start the PPV threads (not that I care if someone elts does) I think we should use the one with the NWO poster will do!
http://www.nightly.n...ic/72/1682.html?

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
Tank's Wrestlemania Dream Card
(some of this is confirmed, much is supposition, most is pure fantasy)

RAW

Heavyweight title:
HHH vs. Benoit- Benoit wins

IC Title:
Booker T vs. Orton- Booker T wins
(I think Orton & Foley will end their fued in the BIG Raw episode that will play the week of NMO)

Hardcore Belt Returns: (least likely)
It's only fair since SD has the CW belt! A Hardcore style Elimination Chamber match with Foley, RVD, Spike Dudley, Hurricane, Tommy Dreamer and Al Snow. Foley "wins" but is screwed out by Al Snow.

Tag Championship: TLC 5
Matt Hardy & Christian, Dudley Boyz, HBK & Y2J, Batista & Flair. (HBK & Y2J win, but a fued starts with Christian and Matt)

Women's Championship:
Lita vs. Trish

Grudge match:
Kane vs. Taker (Taker wins, but Kane follows him back to SD)

Retro Match:
Austin vs. Rock (again)- This time Austin wins. Vince plays the ref.

Smackdown-

Championship: Eddie vs. Kurt (Eddie should win, but Kurt is more likely)

US Championship: Cena vs. Billy Gunn (assuming Cena takes it from show at NWO. Let him retain here too.)

Cruiserweight Battle Royale: Rey, Noble, Tajiri, Kidman, London, Moore and Chavo with cameos by Malenko and Jeff Hardy. (Rey retains, but it will look crazy fun)

Tag Championship: WGTT vs. FBI (Doesn't matter who wins, both need a push and should stop jobbing. this is assuming one group takes it fromt he snorefest Bashams)

Diva Match: Sable & Torrie vs Damn Marie & Nidia

I QUIT match Match:
Lesnar vs. Goldberg (Goldberg sells and leaves the WWE)

Retro Match:
Hogan vs. Savage (you know it would be funny)

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
Hmmm... lots of interesting things...

i disagree w some of them 1st off.. batista and flair in a tlc would S U C K SUCK!...

yes the bashams should die... like ive said b4...

I think a benoit vs hbk match would be ALOT better than benoit vs cripple H....

as it regards to the "mysery attacker"... maybe its goldberg trying to take out guerrero so he can challenge brock at NWO... that would put goldy as a heel so they wouldnt do that... but its just a thought.

Big Bastard needs to lose the us championship.. he sucks.... i dont like cena too much, i think that rapper gimmick takes away alot of credibility... but whatever.. the guy can wrestle (Bad finisher though)

eddie and angle would be great... those two are great wrestlers...

Booker T sucks.... he really does, and i dont think he deserves to be in a WM match that comes CLOSE to being high profile.

If the S.H.I.T. crew or La Resistance have a major role in WM... im gonna kill someone... La REsistance maybe I can hyandle, but those opther 2 goofs.... please....

taker will be on raw... its more his style, and kane's

cruiserweight battle royal would be cool, but it takes alot of credibuility out of the belt... unless they have the last 2 have a single's match for the belt... that id like.

id like to see y2j win BIG at WM.... he deserves it... great wrestler, great character... RVD vs Y2J vs Orton for the IC belt... maybe throw in some tlc... nice

have matt and christian at WM... not sure what the pourpose would be... but whatever... i guess they deserve to be on the card

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests

ivan5658:
Booker T sucks.... he really does, and i dont think he deserves to be in a WM match that comes CLOSE to being high profile.

Well your opinions are now officiaally ignored!

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
why? caus i dont like the guy?... I just dont think he puts on a good match... His charcter hasnt been very strong... put these together... and he just isnt good... If you wanna ignore the opinion of someone who has been watching wrestling for like 14 years... then go ahead...